Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, must win against a pretty poor ACC team. Great senior night for Mike G., and pretty solid games from Richardson and Lydon. Also DC2 with a good defense/rebounding day against BJ Anya. Where in the world was Trevor Cooney today, and Roberson MIA again. I guess JB wasn't kidding around about Roberson. This team drives me crazy.

Good lord, it's frustrating when every analyst in the country knows how to coach your basketball team better than your head coach.

Yes, I'm talking about Carolina.

Just glad we got out with the W.

Down 3 with the ball with 10 seconds left-- if I am JB, I call a TO abd run a set play. Didn't like G pushing it and taking a wild spinning shot there.

I didn't like this either. G certainly generated some offense, as usual, but he was wildly inconsistent last night protecting the ball. I can't stand watching him play point guard. I also would have called a time out there and drew up a shot off a screen. I don't mind G taking the final shot, but not in that crazy fashion.

Boeheim said he let Silent G use his best judgement at that point. He makes that driving shot more than he misses it, and they would have been able to foul and time out then have the ball with a chance to win or tie. tough call. if tyler roberson plays even pedestrian like on offense we could have won this game. Should be interesting against FSU

I didn't like this either. G certainly generated some offense, as usual, but he was wildly inconsistent last night protecting the ball. I can't stand watching him play point guard. I also would have called a time out there and drew up a shot off a screen. I don't mind G taking the final shot, but not in that crazy fashion.

Boeheim said he let Silent G use his best judgement at that point. He makes that driving shot more than he misses it, and they would have been able to foul and time out then have the ball with a chance to win or tie. tough call. if tyler roberson plays even pedestrian like on offense we could have won this game. Should be interesting against FSU

I actually thought Roberson played alright. He would have have 6 more points if G could pass.

he was great on rebounds and i know he had 9 points but he could be so much more dangerous than that. Also I have never seen syracuse 'commit' so many offensive fouls. i get that we were playing a team many consider to be the most complete team in the country, but it was there in their grasp....bad bounces, missed easy put backs, just so frustrating.

I actually thought Roberson played alright. He would have have 6 more points if G could pass.

JB is really stellar at drawing up good plays in the half-court set. We have four 3-point shooters out there too. I would have called a TO, and tried a 3 there.

Although, if I were Roy Williams, I would have fouled too, and not let Cuse tie it on a 3.

Edit: The other factor to consider-- this team seems to be terrible in the clutch and in these late-game situations--- all the more reason for JB to slow it down and control the situation.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

Bilas is a great analyst and classy guy. Hard to believe he's a Dookie.

I think Bilas is right now is at the top of his field & he is pure class. But I know what you mean. It is tough to like him because he is a Dookie.

despite being a dookie, the fact that he has no internal governor when sharing his viewpoints on the NCAA organization, he could be a hoya and i'd still be his biggest fan

I think Bilas is right now is at the top of his field & he is pure class. But I know what you mean. It is tough to like him because he is a Dookie.