Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeesh...don't know what to say bout that one. Going to have to make some noise in DC to make the tourney, I'm afraid.

Agreed. Really sloppy.

I can recall zero times this year when this team made a key play late when the game is on the line. In fact, it is the opposite-- they make critical mistakes or miss GW shots in the clutch. They are anti-clutch, especially G, cooney, and Malachi. Just aren't big time players.

I am not saying this out of anger or frustration. They just can't, as a matter of fact, make big plays (maybe Malachi grows in this regard?).

In any event, I am just going through the motions watching this team. Not a really fun team to watch, and I expect early tourney exits.

i think this team is built for a tournament, they can put together a brutal 5 game stretch based soley on defense. but they need to get in first and get their heads out of their asses. not sure they get in without a deep run into the acc tourney

Agreed. Really sloppy.

I can recall zero times this year when this team made a key play late when the game is on the line. In fact, it is the opposite-- they make critical mistakes or miss GW shots in the clutch. They are anti-clutch, especially G, cooney, and Malachi. Just aren't big time players.

I am not saying this out of anger or frustration. They just can't, as a matter of fact, make big plays (maybe Malachi grows in this regard?).

In any event, I am just going through the motions watching this team. Not a really fun team to watch, and I expect early tourney exits.

The bad news is that Syracuse has drawn Pitt in its first ACC tourney game-- the one team that just owns us. :doh:

Look at it this way...if you get by the Panthers you get a 3rd shot at the Heels. ;)

The bad news is that Syracuse has drawn Pitt in its first ACC tourney game-- the one team that just owns us. :doh:

It is really not bad news when you consider this game tomorrow is in effect a knockout game for an at large. I would much rather have them playing Pitt than a team like NC State where a win does absolutely nothing for you. At least here there is an opportunity to get ahead of Pitt on the bubble should they come out with a win. But I think they are going to have to beat the heals also to have any shot at an at large. Especially with Northern Iowa winning the MVC which takes away one more at large.

Edited by Gordio

Just got back from Wild Wings on my 2 hour lunch. Why even put Cooney into the game at that point? They were doing just fine without him. You just knew he was going to chuck up the last shot.

i was surprised he wasn't in there, they did come back from 14 down with howard on the court, but he is no scoring threat, and then to have cooney come in ice cold off the bench? we could have gotten closer in for a 2 or a foul...drive the freaking hoop down 1..you either make it or get fouled

Just got back from Wild Wings on my 2 hour lunch. Why even put Cooney into the game at that point? They were doing just fine without him. You just knew he was going to chuck up the last shot.

i was surprised he wasn't in there, they did come back from 14 down with howard on the court, but he is no scoring threat, and then to have cooney come in ice cold off the bench? we could have gotten closer in for a 2 or a foul...drive the freaking hoop down 1..you either make it or get fouled

Exactly. The only move there is to drive to the hoop. Odds are you'll either score or get fouled, much better than putting up a 3, which Cooney only makes 30% of when he's been on the court for the whole game.

Really glad the Cooney era is drawing to a close. He just may be the most overrated 'Cuse player ever.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

in his defense, we, syracuse fans, annointed him a 3 point shooter, he never was more than a 30% shooter from deep. He is an excellent defender in the 2-3 zone. He wasn't the next coming of G-Mac, and he never claimed to be, we, fans, saw a white guard and immediately went there.

Exactly. The only move there is to drive to the hoop. Odds are you'll either score or get fouled, much better than putting up a 3, which Clooney only makes 30% of when he's been on the court for the whole game.

Really glad the Clooney era is drawing to a close. He just may be the most overrated 'Cuse player ever.

in his defense, we, syracuse fans, annointed him a 3 point shooter, he never was more than a 30% shooter from deep. He is an excellent defender in the 2-3 zone. He wasn't the next coming of G-Mac, and he never claimed to be, we, fans, saw a white guard and immediately went there.

It had nothing to do with him being a white guard (the next coming of GMac) IMO. It had everything to do with the non stop talk of how he was the best practice 3 point shooter ever. Boeheim always referred to practice as to why Trevor got all of his minutes over other players, even though Trevor was bad more often than not in games. If Trevor was 0/11, Patterson/Johnson/Howard would still be on the bench. I give Trevor crap because of Boeheim, and his constant quest to prove he's the smartest man in the room. Sometimes guys are just not gamers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boeheim dropped a "See, I gave you guys what you wanted. I benched Trevor and look what happened."

Yes, my anger at Trevor is misguided. :censored: you Boeheim!

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I didn't have sound for the game, why was Cooney on the bench? he was 3-5 from 3 at that point. I was more upset at Lydon, Roberson & Richardson as they weren't doing jack **** in the first half. Granted Cooney was on the bench and they came all the way back, so I don't see Boeheim sticking it to the fans like that. Bottom line, he shouldn't have taken a 3, he or someone else should have driven to the basket.

It had nothing to do with him being a white guard (the next coming of GMac) IMO. It had everything to do with the non stop talk of how he was the best practice 3 point shooter ever. Boeheim always referred to practice as to why Trevor got all of his minutes over other players, even though Trevor was bad more often than not in games. If Trevor was 0/11, Patterson/Johnson/Howard would still be on the bench. I give Trevor crap because of Boeheim, and his constant quest to prove he's the smartest man in the room. Sometimes guys are just not gamers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boeheim dropped a "See, I gave you guys what you wanted. I benched Trevor and look what happened."

Yes, my anger at Trevor is misguided. :censored: you Boeheim!

I didn't have sound for the game, why was Cooney on the bench? he was 3-5 from 3 at that point. I was more upset at Lydon, Roberson & Richardson as they weren't doing jack **** in the first half. Granted Cooney was on the bench and they came all the way back, so I don't see Boeheim sticking it to the fans like that. Bottom line, he shouldn't have taken a 3, he or someone else should have driven to the basket.

I had to stop watching a few times because dumb work got in the way. I guess he made a couple mistakes and Howard presented a bad matchup for Pitt that they wanted to take advantage of.