Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

They put up a good fight against a solid team. We knew there would be games like this.

Malachi looking better each game. I will lose my **** if he declares.

Edited by inkman

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They put up a good fight against a solid team. We knew there would be games like this.

Malachi looking better each game. I will lose my **** if he declares.

Been thinking the same about MR. He should come back, but I thought McCullough would too.

Very weird game. Not even sure how UVA was able to pull ahead like they did late. Just a few missed by us and makes by them, and it was the game.

Duke loses again. Coach K whines about the overrated chants from the Miami students :)

Loving this meltdown.

ACC hoops strong again. UM not too shabby. Pg Rodriguez gave them the business

Dook is 9th in the ACC standings. That's hilarious. They should drop out of the top 25 this week -- should have fallen out this past week.

I know ND was down their best player, but that was a nicely played game by our guys. It was great seeing Lydon remember that he's a good shooter. Roberson is a beast. Just has a knack for finding the rebound. Every game Malachi plays, I get more sure that he's gone next year.

Go Cuse!

I know ND was down their best player, but that was a nicely played game by our guys. It was great seeing Lydon remember that he's a good shooter. Roberson is a beast. Just has a knack for finding the rebound. Every game Malachi plays, I get more sure that he's gone next year.

Go Cuse!

Nice of the announcers to remind us that any time SU made a play, ND was missing Jackson. Apparently, had he played, he would have gotten every rebound, defended every shot, and scored 50 points.

I thought they defended well and rebounded well. Then, when 4 guys are hitting shots, we turn into an elite team.

Everytime Laphonso Ellis does a game, it takes me a minute to realize it's not President Obama calling the game, he sounds very similar.

Nice of the announcers to remind us that any time SU made a play, ND was missing Jackson. Apparently, had he played, he would have gotten every rebound, defended every shot, and scored 50 points.

I thought they defended well and rebounded well. Then, when 4 guys are hitting shots, we turn into an elite team.

The boys played with passion and intensity last night. Something that had been inconsistent all season long. Great to see Lydon with some confidence in his shot. He just flat out needs to shoot more. Bottom line. Great to see some fire from Richardson. Cooney and G played well and with great intensity, and it was nice to see some offense from Coleman. Roberson is a monster.

I sincerely believe, when this team is shooting well, that they can beat anyone in the country. This five game stretch is going to be crucial, and go a long way in determining their tourney eligibility. 1-0...next up Georgia Tech.

Go CUSE!

Huge win with some clutch rebounding and free throw shooting at the very end. Once again, Malachi Richardson puts the team on his back in a critical moment. Great job coaching by JB also. Got to give the man his props. 6-2 since his return. I love that play he called during the time out...the screen and skip pass to Richardson for the trifecta. Brilliant.

Huge win with some clutch rebounding and free throw shooting at the very end. Once again, Malachi Richardson puts the team on his back in a critical moment. Great job coaching by JB also. Got to give the man his props. 6-2 since his return. I love that play he called during the time out...the screen and skip pass to Richardson for the trifecta. Brilliant.

Agree, especially about that play call.

Nice to see them make plays in the clutch. They have blown 3 close games under similar circumstances.

Also, really loved both Howard and Coleman in the first half. They really had that roll working well.

By the way, if GT makes that shot at the buzzer, I would have been livid. MR was bulled over to get that ball free at the end.

Big game tonight. Actually, every game rest of the way is big. I believe that the max number of regular season games they can lose and still have a shot at a tourney spot is 3, and they'd have to go deep into the ACC tourney. They have to win the games that they should win, like tonight.

Go Cuse!

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Big game tonight. Actually, every game rest of the way is big. I believe that the max number of regular season games they can lose and still have a shot at a tourney spot is 3, and they'd have to go deep into the ACC tourney. They have to win the games that they should win, like tonight.

Go Cuse!

You know that everyone of these will be nail biters.

Buzz Williams is a good coach. I think it's a 9-10 point line, Syracuse favored, I don't see more than 5 point game if Syracuse wins, sadly double digits if they lose.

Go Cuse!

You know that everyone of these will be nail biters.

:lol: Yup

Buzz Williams is a good coach. I think it's a 9-10 point line, Syracuse favored, I don't see more than 5 point game if Syracuse wins, sadly double digits if they lose.

Buzz is good. I think that if it's a blowout we are on the winning side of it because of how we can score if we're on. I do think it'll most likely be close though. Hopefully Coleman keeps playing solid.

what a game...a lot of them seem to have been completely out of gas, yet when it mattered they stepped up. Why no DC2 in the 2nd half i have no idea, lydon just doesn't have the bulk or strength inside, i understand he is an offensive threat, but man we get eaten alive underneath

Had to miss the game (was at a hockey game). Predictably, looked like another nail biter.

So, what happened?

Cuse absolutely sucked for the first half, looked super flat and should have been down by a lot more than they were. With about 2 minutes left they were down 7 and somehow managed to tie it up.

Blew them away in OT. Lucky win for the Cuse and necessary win for the Cuse.

Free Frank Howard! The guy reminds me of Dion Waiters. Needs more coaching and PT though. Great games for silent G and DC2 tonight.

Go Orange...7th in the ACC

Agree re Howard, though I noticed that he did get some good PT and subbed for G, Cooney, and even the forwards (dropping G to a 4).

I think he is a Lazarus Sims type guy-- really great passer.

Agree re Howard, though I noticed that he did get some good PT and subbed for G, Cooney, and even the forwards (dropping G to a 4).

I think he is a Lazarus Sims type guy-- really great passer.

Interesting comparison. I actually saw Sims play against my high school a long time ago before he even committed to Syracuse. Was fun to see.

I think at this point Frank's skill set lends itself more to playing the point. Great vision and distributor. I guess I'm just waiting for him to explode to the rim and throw one down like Dion. He seems to have similar athletic prowess. We shall see.

what a great game, DC2 was the reason that game got out of hand the way it did, well that and shooting 65% from the floor. Holy Crap does Silent G have some mad leaping abilities. The defense is playing better than they have played in a long time. Both Tylers are forces to be reckoned with and Malachi is working his way to an early exit, he is REALLY good! We may not be a highly ranked team, but this team is built for a 4-5 game set of games

Interesting comparison. I actually saw Sims play against my high school a long time ago before he even committed to Syracuse. Was fun to see.

I think at this point Frank's skill set lends itself more to playing the point. Great vision and distributor. I guess I'm just waiting for him to explode to the rim and throw one down like Dion. He seems to have similar athletic prowess. We shall see.

My buddy compared Howard to Billy Edelin in progress (but still needs to work on finishing).

Pretty funny that everyone is comparing him to someone else.

I love Franklin Howard's game. Silky smooth. Has any player fallen more out of favor than Caleb Joseph? He only plays with the practice guys.

He be gone next year. Transfer to Iona or some other mid-major.

Kaleb was just a busted consolation prize for not landing Rysheed Jordan. Sadly, I don't think the kid has the sack to play big time college basketball.

He be gone next year. Transfer to Iona or some other mid-major.

Kaleb was just a busted consolation prize for not landing Rysheed Jordan. Sadly, I don't think the kid has the sack to play big time college basketball.

I'm sure he'll be gone but I don't know if I saw enough of him to get a good read. Oh well...

There was a rumor in Bonaland last month that he might come to Bonas. His prep school teammate is one of our starters.

I don't think he's good enough, though - since you guys are 38 in the RPI and we're 33 - you're dragging down our strength of schedule!

There was a rumor in Bonaland last month that he might come to Bonas. His prep school teammate is one of our starters.

I don't think he's good enough, though - since you guys are 38 in the RPI and we're 33 - you're dragging down our strength of schedule!

Scoreboard :)

I actually think KJ would be a good addition for Bona. I think he's athletic enough, is a decent shooter and can certainly bring the ball up the court, but he just doesn't have the balls for playing in the spotlight. We'll send you KJ and Chino in a package deal for a case of basketballs ;)

Scoreboard :)

I actually think KJ would be a good addition for Bona. I think he's athletic enough, is a decent shooter and can certainly bring the ball up the court, but he just doesn't have the balls for playing in the spotlight. We'll send you KJ and Chino in a package deal for a case of basketballs ;)

That's a deal - you just can't have about 7 of our returning players. He seems like he'd be a good complement to our excellent guards that will be around for a few more years.

When I went there, we had an SU transfer named Mike Sheehy, who had a very nice, although of course short, career for the Bonnies. Hitting a 3 pointer to beat Rutgers in double overtime was the highlight of his career, but he was very solid throughout.

Actually, now that I think about it - his son, Will, has been a big contributor to Indiana in recent years. Probably graduated last year.

So, I'm curious -- will the 'Cuse fans around here watch the Battle of the Blues tonight? Any rooting interests?

I always, always root against Dook. Despise them. I think it stems all the way back to the Laettner/Hurley years. Go Heels.

Added bonus....I think a Dook loss could potentially result in better ACC tourney seeding for Syracuse.

I always, always root against Dook. Despise them. I think it stems all the way back to the Laettner/Hurley years. Go Heels.

Added bonus....I think a Dook loss could potentially result in better ACC tourney seeding for Syracuse.

I want Duke to win. They are our most impressive win in ACC play, and so want them to be ranked high at the end of the year.

I want Duke to win. They are our most impressive win in ACC play, and so want them to be ranked high at the end of the year.

I get your logic, but I just can't bring myself to cheer for Duke. It would be like French kissing my sister. I don't exactly know why, as I really respect Coach K, but I despise them.

It's almost a must-win for Carolina. Lose at home to an outmanned Dook squad and their postseason hopes take a serious hit. I'm counting on them coming out and getting the job done. Their win vs. Pitt on Sunday was one of their best performances of the season.