Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 9th the big boys wearing the powder blue will be visiting.

Put some locks on your refrigerators, because Kennedy Meeks is gonna eat.

Syracuse is unranked and predicted to finish last in the conference. You better win by 30.

I'll never understand how he does things but he has 1000+ wins so I have to trust him, but why no Chino to eat up some minutes and clog the inside? He didn't get in the game at all...

I wonder Jimbo may switch up his recruiting a little to get better shooters in lieu of rangey wing players for defense along the base line.

What a great tournament for Syracuse. They were completely dominated on the defensive board, but great ball movement, clutch shooting got them the tourney championship.

First chance I got to fully watch a game this year. Silent G played great, Cooney looked far more in control than he did last year and I really like Lydon - he looks very polished for a freshman.

Also, great to have Coleman back on the glass.

Can't believe this team was picked to be a last place squad. They should crack the Top 25 after the last two wins, no?

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

If I had one negative with this tourney, it was on the defensive side. The teams in the tourney really were able to carve up the middle of the zone with interior passing.

Maybe we get better on D as the season progresses. But this just might not be a great defensive team.

But the offense will hum along so long as G is making shots. At that point, all you really need is some complimentary scoring from the other guys.

Watching unc/Maryland. These teams are in a totally different league than Cuse. Not looking forward to ACC play...

We'll see. We dirty up the game quite nicely. I've got newfound confidence since those tourney wins

What a joke of a loss. Gotta hit some free throws and get some rebounds. Their 5'10" guards were out rebounding our Bigs.

Not a great shooting night, but we really should have won that game.

Yup. That game was very disappointing.

What a joke of a loss. Gotta hit some free throws and get some rebounds. Their 5'10" guards were out rebounding our Bigs.

Not a great shooting night, but we really should have won that game.

I gotta agree with Bow-heem, if they don't hit their shots they can't beat ANYBODY! Edited by inkman

Frankly, they looked uninspired and disinterested out there last night. I'm not usually one to make excuses for poor play, but I wonder if they might still have a bit of a Bahamas hangover. Regardless, they shot terribly, rebounding was atrocious, and why DC2 did not get more burn in the second half is beyond me. They just looked like a different team last night, which gives me hope that they will rebound (pun intended) from this loss. Credit due to the Badgers and Bo Ryan for a tremendous offensive game plan against our zone, and for out working us in every phase of the game.

it's a BS ruling all around. Meanwhile Calipari, UNC, Louisville go about their merry ways....

Boeheim's 9 game suspension upheld but modified. Will begin this Saturday at Georgetown. JB will only miss 3 ACC games...returns against UNC.

Edit: you're quick, Pooj.

Edited by The Poojer

it's a BS ruling all around. Meanwhile Calipari, UNC, Louisville go about their merry ways....

Agreed, and the fact that the ruling came down 2 days prior to Syracuse renewing it's long standing rivalry with Georgetown is a blatant FU to Boeheim and Syracuse University by the NCAA. What a joke.

not to mention allowing him to come back his first game against UNC....it's kind of a sick joke

Agreed, and the fact that the ruling came down 2 days prior to Syracuse renewing it's long standing rivalry with Georgetown is a blatant FU to Boeheim and Syracuse University by the NCAA. What a joke.

UNC has been put through one of the most excruciatingly long NCAA investigations I can ever remember, paid their rightful penalties in the football program, and yet people still want to pile on. To still be at the level they are -- both in basketball and now in football also -- amid the onslaught of negative recruiting tactics being used against them -- is pretty remarkable.

But haters gonna hate...

UNC has been put through one of the most excruciatingly long NCAA investigations I can ever remember, paid their rightful penalties in the football program, and yet people still want to pile on. To still be at the level they are -- both in basketball and now in football also -- amid the onslaught of negative recruiting tactics being used against them -- is pretty remarkable.

But haters gonna hate...

I don't think anyone is hating UNC. But if Boeheim gets a ban and total humiliation for not knowing about something some low level YMCA employee did 10 years ago, the NCAA better be handing out similar punishments to all these coaches, including Roy Williams.

It's an absurd precedent-- head Coach now is to blame for any violation.

yeah, i don't hate UNC for it...i hate the NCAA and their arbitrary penalizing. What UNC did was far worse than Syracuse BB's 2 players over 10 years getting a little extra pay from YMCA reffing, 1 player getting help from a member of an academic department, and for not strictly adhering to the university's drug policy while adhering to the NCAA's drug policy. for that we Boehiem has 110 wins erased from his record, he has to sit out 9 games with no contact with his staff or players yet still be held responsible during that suspension???

I don't think anyone is hating UNC. But if Boeheim gets a ban and total humiliation for not knowing about something some low level YMCA employee did 10 years ago, the NCAA better be handing out similar punishments to all these coaches, including Roy Williams.

It's an absurd precedent-- head Coach now is to blame for any violation.

yeah, i don't hate UNC for it...i hate the NCAA and their arbitrary penalizing. What UNC did was far worse than Syracuse BB's 2 players over 10 years getting a little extra pay from YMCA reffing, 1 player getting help from a member of an academic department, and for not strictly adhering to the university's drug policy while adhering to the NCAA's drug policy. for that we Boehiem has 110 wins erased from his record, he has to sit out 9 games with no contact with his staff or players yet still be held responsible during that suspension???

Understood -- but in terms of UNC, the "problem" is that the academic fraud has not been found to have been specifically directed at helping the athletic program, because more non-athletes benefited than athletes (and still a very small number in the grand scheme of things).

HEY! Enough!!! Let me be a Syracuse homer and B word about it..... :D

Understood -- but in terms of UNC, the "problem" is that the academic fraud has not been found to have been specifically directed at helping the athletic program, because more non-athletes benefited than athletes (and still a very small number in the grand scheme of things).

HEY! Enough!!! Let me be a Syracuse homer and B word about it..... :D

:lol: I get it. Believe me, the UNC thing was terrible and a huge black eye/embarrassment to fans and alumni like me. It's just not the indictment of the athletic program so many opposing fans (I'm talking to you, NC State) want it to be.

B word on!

well said.

I truly believe they have a vendetta against JB. I still don't even undestand the drug policy violation, when having a school policy is not even necessary.

One other thing-- if I were a school under investigation now, I would stonewall the NCAA. No self-reporting, no self-punishments, no nothing. I don't think it helps. Let the incompetent NCAA build their own case.

Another pitiful game. This team is going to be like this all year, up and down. If we don't have 2-3 guys shooting really well, we will lose. I think Cooney was 3-12, Malachai was 1-8, and Lydon probably just as bad.

I also think the offense they run is terrible-- so stagnant. Just pick and roll, but we don't have the bigs that can roll, so all the shooters are defended tight.

But even with all of the struggles on O, if they could have gotten even a few defensive stops down the stretch, this could have been a game. Defense is pretty medicore, and GTown scored easily when they needed to.

I liked the game DC2 and Howard played. They need the depth or its going to be bad all season. Now the core of the team needs to step up. We get some minutes from Chino & Kaleb, it could help a lot. I liked the fight in the team yesterday. Down 20 they could have quit.

Like JB said earlier in the season...if this team doesn't make 3's we're not going to beat anyone. No inside game to speak of, terrible on the boards, and the zone isn't nearly as "intimidating" as in past years. Loved seeing more minutes for DC2. I liked how Hop got Frank Howard some burn because we are going to need him down the stretch.

Question though...what happened to Tyler Lydon? He went from the king of Atlantis and projected '16 first round pick to what? He has been nearly invisible...reluctant to shoot even when he is open. What gives?

Like JB said earlier in the season...if this team doesn't make 3's we're not going to beat anyone. No inside game to speak of, terrible on the boards, and the zone isn't nearly as "intimidating" as in past years. Loved seeing more minutes for DC2. I liked how Hop got Frank Howard some burn because we are going to need him down the stretch.

Question though...what happened to Tyler Lydon? He went from the king of Atlantis and projected '16 first round pick to what? He has been nearly invisible...reluctant to shoot even when he is open. What gives?

I thought he was guarded a lot better the last few games. No open looks that he could step into.

By the way, I would like to see more of the Roberson-Coleman-Lydon back line playing together. i would just rotate in and out all the guards until you find the hot hands. Might mean there are games where cooney plays 10 minutes and others where he plays 40.