Trouble with Colin Kaepernick?

FireChan

@RapSheet: #49ers players were split on Colin Kaepernick & the brass stayed with him as long as it could. Benched now (@Kyle_McLorgBASG 1st reported)

Who was the analyst who said he thought Kap could be the best QB of all time? Was that Jaws?

It was Jaws.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet: #49ers players were split on Colin Kaepernick & the brass stayed with him as long as it could. Benched now (@Kyle_McLorgBASG 1st reported)

Who was the analyst who said he thought Kap could be the best QB of all time? Was that Jaws?

Haha glad I'm not the only one who remembers that. Mike Greenberg was also pretty close to anoiting him the next Brady/Manning/Rodgers as well.

No. He's done.

Eh, it's all about price. If he is flat out cut and bottoms out w/ little interest and you bring him in with another guy at some rate you can afford....it's worth letting Kaep compete. He's familiar with Roman and mobile like Tyrod. Hard to believe we couldn't be better for having him given we currently have EJ. To bring him in by any means that guarantees him the 2nd qb spot would be a mistake though. And saying that as a Bills fan about a guy that went to the superbowl is absolutely damning.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

Eh, it's all about price. If he is flat out cut and bottoms out w/ little interest and you bring him in with another guy at some rate you can afford....it's worth letting Kaep compete. He's familiar with Roman and mobile like Tyrod. Hard to believe we couldn't be better for having him given we currently have EJ. To bring him in by any means that guarantees him the 2nd qb spot would be a mistake though. And saying that as a Bills fan about a guy that went to the superbowl is absolutely damning.

He has been terrible the last two years. The book is out on him. He basically got Roman fired.

I mean, if he's gonna compete for #3 then fine. But I'd rather draft a guy who has a shot of being something in the NFL.

Edited by FireChan

Well, he does have all the raw ability it takes. Poor guy.

Blaine Gabbert time!

C'mon Blaine time to make me look good :D

I've been hearing rumblings in Philly that they might want him. The Chip bots think that if they can get a running QB, they could get the perfect mix for Chip's system and there is no way Bradford has played up to his $13M contract.

If he can't play there he is done for sure, but hopefully he rebounds so my record can improve, all I need now is Skelton to the Jets and i'm golden B-)

Tank mode

@RapSheet: The #49ers are benching QB Colin Kaepernick, I'm told. He has been informed. Blaine Gabbert is the starter.

maybe they will unload Joe Staley for a couple of 7th rd picks , get it right this time Whaley.

Sign Colin. Trade him and EJ and a #1 for Cutty :)

who?

Some NFL players get broken, and never do get repaired. Kaepernick is, and has been playing very, very poorly in a good offense. This isn't a player that will magically transform into a decent starter simply because he changed uniforms.

The Bills have enough problems on offense without adding a broken player to the mix. What does it say about a player when his own teammates want him benched?

allow me to add, http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25360365/look-colin-kaepernick-completely-misreads-defense-which-leads-to-a-safety

Edited by Nihilarian

TBQH, I'm not crazy about Kaep right now, and his contract would be precious salary cap space we have at a premium. And there is potential bad blood between he and Roman, considering how many people blamed him for their season last year. Plus, Tyrod has been playing well and a trade would be for a backup QB.

I'll say this: I'd be looking at the Eagles. They are in win now mode, and if they tank or even go 8-8 there are people calling for Kelly to be fired. Bradford is on a one year deal that he definitely has not lived up too, and will enter an open bidding war. The Eagles have a need, have the cap space and seem to think they are one player away.

Some NFL players get broken, and never do get repaired. Kaepernick is, and has been playing very, very poorly in a good offense. This isn't a player that will magically transform into a decent starter simply because he changed uniforms.

The Bills have enough problems on offense without adding a broken player to the mix. What does it say about a player when his own teammates want him benched?

allow me to add, http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25360365/look-colin-kaepernick-completely-misreads-defense-which-leads-to-a-safety

I'm not quite ready to annoint the 49'ers offense as "good". When Kaep was doing well, they had a strong running game - they were one of the teams 3 "run first" teams - and a very good OL.

I don't think either are true any longer.

The Niners will be drafting a QB this next draft.... and cue the Bills fans who will want Kaepernick as QB because he played well for a year or so. Just like they want RG3, Ryan Mallett, and every other lousy option out there.

Understand guys that last year the 49ers had a top 10 defense, and were the #4 team in the NFL in rushing with a very solid offensive line. a 1k rusher in Gore, a good WR corps with Bolden, Stevie, Crabtree, Vernon Davis.That 2014 team went 8-8 mostly because of bad QB play!

This year they are 2-6 mostly because of bad QB play. You guys complain about EJ, and yet Kaepernick threw 4 INT's against Arizona while going 9 of 19 for 67 yards passing ALL GAME!

Holy crap if EJ had a game that bad we would find him the next day somewhere in Buffalo on a cross with spikes in his hands, and feet!!

I'm honestly surprised at the amount of QB talk around TBD. I'm feeling Tyrod as the face of the Buffalo Bills for the next decade hopefully.

I said it before and I'll say it again...by the end of the season there will be no doubt which is the worst team in the NFL -- the SF 49ers and Jim "meat sweats" Tomsula.

You absolutely right.

And people will blame it on the suckiness of their staff this year (there's certainly truth to that)... but peel the onion back a bit, and the root cause was that they fired Jim Harbaugh last year.

And.. it was a messy breakup.

I thought I read somewhere that Debartolo's daughter said that Harbaugh was as good as gone because of his politcal viewpoints (I can't find the link). Pathetic if it's true.