Wide 9 - Denver bringing the heat!

Dear REX and Dennis,
Do you notice how Denver is lining up wider and letting the front four loose. We did this VERY successfully last year and had the same kind of result against Green Bay. The last safety was a sad, sad reminder of how we should be playing Defense. Please learn from this and let's the boys loose. We have half a season and a wide open AFC Wild Card spot up for grabs.

The only reason we are not 5-2 is because of some very questionable coaching and letting EJ become the #2. It's time to turn this around and take what's ours. GO BILLS!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear REX and Dennis,

Do you notice how Denver is lining up wider and letting the front four loose. We did this VERY successfully last year and had the same kind of result against Green Bay. The last safety was a sad, sad reminder of how we should be playing Defense. Please learn from this and let's the boys loose. We have half a season and a wide open AFC Wild Card spot up for grabs.

The only reason we are not 5-2 is because of some very questionable coaching and letting EJ become the #2. It's time to turn this around and take what's ours. GO BILLS!

Wade has always played 34 which would have the OLBs out wide to rush

I want to see them do it against Brady

If Brady goes in there and drops 300+ and 3-4TD on THAT defense I will officially lose hope.

really don't care if Pats win another SB or not, I only care what the Bills do and this yr will be another disappointment

They don't run a Wide 9.

Wade Phillips is proof that not every great defensive coordinator should be a head coach, because he certainly is a great defensive mind.

Yea- I didn't see yesterday to see if there was some different philosophies but he runs a 34 as his base. He was the coach Houston brought in that put Mario at olb his final year there

Rex's defense is always about Rex, not his players. He can make anything successful , he feels due to his ability to confuse the offenses.

Memo to Rex:

1. Some offenses don't seem confused.

2. When offenses make changes then line up and snap quickly, instead Bills D seems confused

3. What happened to "I will suit my scheme to the players"?

Yeah, Rex is terrible. His defenses with the jets only ranked in the top 10 five of the six years he was there.

Frankly I don't care what he did with his defenses in New York. This defense has got worse and is underperforming and that is on him. With the talent on this D even sneaking into the top 10 by years end would be a little below par.

I noticed that the broncos had 9 and 10 mean at the LOS almost every play. That's how you beat Brady, take away the three-yard dump pass.

I still can't believe people that that twat Brady is the best ever. After watching games where Rodgers and manning actually drop back, move to avoid rushers, thn actually throw the ball down field, you really can't see how lame rafts game is? Which is - stand there flat footed, pay the ball before throwing it to an uncovered WR who is only ten feet away. It's like a pop warner offense. And if in being frank I think it only works because they are still cheating and know the other teams defense. Brady doesn't read the defense he already knows where the open guy will be before his team even breaks the huddle. However that offense shoul be so easy to defend. There is a reason first ballot HOFers like manning and Rogers don't do that too - because it's impossible without cheating.

I noticed that the broncos had 9 and 10 mean at the LOS almost every play. That's how you beat Brady, take away the three-yard dump pass.

I still can't believe people that that twat Brady is the best ever. After watching games where Rodgers and manning actually drop back, move to avoid rushers, thn actually throw the ball down field, you really can't see how lame rafts game is? Which is - stand there flat footed, pay the ball before throwing it to an uncovered WR who is only ten feet away. It's like a pop warner offense. And if in being frank I think it only works because they are still cheating and know the other teams defense. Brady doesn't read the defense he already knows where the open guy will be before his team even breaks the huddle. However that offense shoul be so easy to defend. There is a reason first ballot HOFers like manning and Rogers don't do that too - because it's impossible without cheating.

Yikes. This is so bizarre maybe I shouldn't respond. What Brady does is impressive. If it was easy, every QB in the nation would copy it because it sure is effective. But it's not easy. It takes an immense amount of skill to play the way Brady does. Cheater or not, he's a first round HOFer.

In regards to the earlier posts... Rex likes to say his defense is "multiple." If so, I'd love to see him borrow some of the concepts we used last year.... including Wide 9.