Browns reportedly have Alex Mack, Joe Thomas on trade block

YoloinOhio

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe they went into a bidding war with Jacksonville over Mack, and then just decided they wanted to trade him.

they drafted his replacement this year and he's about to be a FA, so they know he's gone regardless. He wanted to leave last time, and they can't tag him again.

@RapSheet: The #Browns have engaged in discussions about potentially trading two of their best players: LT Joe Thomas and C Alex Mack, sources say.

Mack has a no trade clause as a result of Browns marching the transition tag offer sheet Jax gave him last year - but he can waive it if he wants out early

@RapSheet: Joe Thomas has no guaranteed money for 2016, but a salary of $9M. Alex Mack could opt-out of his deal. Would want value if hes gonna bolt

I can't help but think the Bills will lose both Incognito, Glenn unless enticed to stay, and this team could use both Mack, and Thomas right now. Imagine LT Thomas, LG Incognito, C Mack, RG Wood, RT Glenn. Whoa

I honestly like their LG Joel Bitonio more then either Thomas or Mack. But, that's just me.

I can't help but think the Bills will lose both Incognito, Glenn unless enticed to stay, and this team could use both Mack, and Thomas right now. Imagine LT Thomas, LG Incognito, C Mack, RG Wood, RT Glenn. Whoa

I honestly like their LG Joel Bitonio more then either Thomas or Mack. But, that's just me.

they won't trade Bitonio. He's one of their only young building blocks they drafted recently.

They actually look good today. Barnidge is a beast!

Henderson, Wood, and EJ for Thomas, Mack, and Manziel. Move Glenn to RT

The key is the QBs. Take their misfit/headache away from them and cut him if you must, who cares.Remind them how great EJ looked against them in the pre-season and show them film of what he did against their divisional rival, the Steelers. Fooled a lot of people on this board, it might just fool their GM. :D

Are the Browns ready to tank?

That would appear to be what's going on here. Honestly, it's probably what's best for them.

The Bills can't afford either player and if either has a say in where he goes (Mack definitely does, not sure about Thomas) I can't see them wanting to come to Buffalo. Neither will get top dollar here and this isn't the place for someone looking for a ring.

Edited by BarleyNY

We could really really use some tackle help. Resign Glenn as a Rt or even as a G. We want to be a running team but our OL sucks.

Make the trade.

Watkins goes fully curcle? Watkins for Thomas and Mack lol

I would do this trade in a heartbeat, but I doubt they would. Even if TT and SW both become healthy, I don't see SW playing a significant role in our offense. Or, at least, not this year.