Browns reportedly have Alex Mack, Joe Thomas on trade block

YoloinOhio

Is Alex Mack a better option than Eric Wood?

He really hasn't played that well this season from what I've heard. Possibly ill effects from last season's injury. In general he's been an excellent zone blocking center who has done an exceptional job with recognition and line calls.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet: The #Browns have engaged in discussions about potentially trading two of their best players: LT Joe Thomas and C Alex Mack, sources say.

Mack has a no trade clause as a result of Browns marching the transition tag offer sheet Jax gave him last year - but he can waive it if he wants out early

@RapSheet: Joe Thomas has no guaranteed money for 2016, but a salary of $9M. Alex Mack could opt-out of his deal. Would want value if hes gonna bolt

Wonder what they want in return?

Maybe ej and tt

Depends on the price as always. As a Bills fan, either one of these guys would help us!

It has been remarkably quiet at 1BD lately, No? I'm wondering if they are working on anything!

right up against the salary cap now. no trades possible. heck their biggest problem is how the heck will they be able to sign Gilmore and Bradham. forget the big trades, those days are over

We could really really use some tackle help. Resign Glenn as a Rt or even as a G. We want to be a running team but our OL sucks.

Make the trade.

Watkins goes fully curcle? Watkins for Thomas and Mack lol

I wish that would happen just because that would be such a Browns thing to have happen.

The Bills don't have cap space to re-sign all it's FAs like Richie, Gilmore , Glenn, Bradham to name just a few. Not expecting Harvin to be back next year.

Gilmore isn't a FA. But I don't think they will move heaven and earth for either Glenn or Bradham the way they have played this year. I don't advocate not offering them a contract but I don't think either is worth top dollar.

Gilmore isn't a FA. But I don't think they will move heaven and earth for either Glenn or Bradham the way they have played this year. I don't advocate not offering them a contract but I don't think either is worth top dollar.

Exactly, Bradham seems ineffective in Rex's defense. Glenn is adequate, but in this modern free agency era, not worth big money.

I was hoping Bills could re-sign Gilmore long term for less then his $11m option next season. Signing Richie will be expensive.

I was hoping Bills could re-sign Gilmore long term for less then his $11m option next season. Signing Richie will be expensive.

He's probably going to get at least $10M/year on the open market...Byron Maxwell got more than that, and I'm near certain that most NFL front offices will value Gilmore higher than Maxwell.

He's probably going to get at least $10M/year on the open market...Byron Maxwell got more than that, and I'm near certain that most NFL front offices will value Gilmore higher than Maxwell.

haden got 13.5 a year, and revis 14 per. gilmore will ask around that.

haden got 13.5 a year, and revis 14 per. gilmore will ask around that.

Indeed...though without a Pro Bowl or All-Pro season under his belt, he'll have a harder time getting that kind of scratch.

My guess is he falls between the line of Maxwell/Jimmy Smith and Joe Haden, which puts him between $11M and $12M per year.

Indeed...though without a Pro Bowl or All-Pro season under his belt, he'll have a harder time getting that kind of scratch.

My guess is he falls between the line of Maxwell/Jimmy Smith and Joe Haden, which puts him between $11M and $12M per year.

he is so much better than all 3 of those guys IMO. I used to be a Haden fan but he's been awful this season (when he's even been on the field) Edited by YoloinOhio

he is so much better than all 3 of those guys IMO. I used to be a Haden fan but he's been awful this season (when he's even been on the field)

I agree.

I think it would be harder for Gilmore to ask for the Revis/Peterson/Sherman/Haden numbers because he hasn't been to a Pro Bowl or been named an All-Pro.

Like it or not, GMs use that stuff as negotiating power.

Not that you needed me to tell you that; merely explaining my reasoning.

I agree.

I think it would be harder for Gilmore to ask for the Revis/Peterson/Sherman/Haden numbers because he hasn't been to a Pro Bowl or been named an All-Pro.

Like it or not, GMs use that stuff as negotiating power.

Not that you needed me to tell you that; merely explaining my reasoning.

true... He toils away in anonymity here but he's quietly having a pro bowl season. Fortunately I think the Bills are well aware of his value to the team and around the league and will do whatever they can to keep him. Edited by YoloinOhio