Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

Marshawn Lynch, Mike Tyson, I could go on. Not that I'm saying Watkins is stupid, just you can be successful in sports and still be stupid. Much harder to be successful and stupid outside of sports however.

Mike Tyson has continued to be a public figure and even done some acting, lynch also has shown an aptitude for this . . . Are you trying to prove his point?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys gets dogged by beer-swilling losers because, like every other player on bye, he takes a vacation and is naive enough to share photos of his baby girl (the light of his life) having fun. Guy gets mad and says up yours, losers. He's right. I follow his posts on Facebook etc and I have never once see him belittle someone for not doing their job, let alone having an injury or disability. His profession and income have NOTHING to do with it. He has a contract with the Buffalo Bills, not the "fans". He worked hard to get where he is. These beer-swilling losers think what he does is easy, why aren't they doing it? Maybe he shouldn't have responded but he had every right to do so. The losers make excuses saying they're frustrated. They're so stupid they apparently think the team is happy...? WTF.

I've seen Bills fans in bad lights over the past 30 years but this year is ridiculous. They're almost worse than the bandwagoning, ignorant Seahawk fans out here. Grow the hell up. If winning is the only thing that matters there are 5 undefeated teams, go cheer for them.

Guys gets dogged by beer-swilling losers because, like every other player on bye, he takes a vacation and is naive enough to share photos of his baby girl (the light of his life) having fun. Guy gets mad and says up yours, losers. He's right. I follow his posts on Facebook etc and I have never once see him belittle someone for not doing their job, let alone having an injury or disability. His profession and income have NOTHING to do with it. He has a contract with the Buffalo Bills, not the "fans". He worked hard to get where he is. These beer-swilling losers think what he does is easy, why aren't they doing it? Maybe he shouldn't have responded but he had every right to do so. The losers make excuses saying they're frustrated. They're so stupid they apparently think the team is happy...? WTF.

I've seen Bills fans in bad lights over the past 30 years but this year is ridiculous. They're almost worse than the bandwagoning, ignorant Seahawk fans out here. Grow the hell up. If winning is the only thing that matters there are 5 undefeated teams, go cheer for them.

Then he stopped.

He's a big mouthed, immature, insecure, feeble-minded moron.

The fact that he went on vacation didn't bother me one bit.

The fact that he won't play with a sprained ankle (seriously, are you fugging kidding me????), bitches about getting the ball - while he's inactive; and can't keep his mouth shut ... that's what bothers me.

He has not shown a God damn thing other than potential.

That and $1 will get you any size coffee at McDonald's.

He's a punk.

Then he stopped.

The fact that he won't play with a sprained ankle (seriously, are you fugging kidding me????), bitches about getting the ball - while he's inactive; and can't keep his mouth shut ... that's what bothers me.

He's a punk.

So he should play on a sprained ankle

I am starting to think you know nothing about sports

Then he stopped.

He's a punk.

You forgot to call him Sally, tough guy.

b.s. people that work in the entertainment industry ultimately work for those that buy the product. he's an entertainer, and a rather poor one, who works for the fans. but he's too stupid to realize it.

Edited by birdog1960

That's a perfect description for the ones acting like they are offended by what he said, including yourself.

I'm not offended. I just don't like when professional affaletes act like divas. Especially when they don't !@#$ing play.

I'm not offended. I just don't like when professional affaletes act like divas. Especially when they don't !@#$ing play.

Ok Internet Tough Guy. I agree with the sentiment of others. Between your "assessment" of EJ's ability and your hysterics and drama queen antics in this thread, it's hard to believe you know anything about football.

b.s. people that work in the entertainment industry ultimately work for those that buy the product. he's an entertainer, and a rather poor one, who works for the fans. but he's too stupid to realize it.

How is he "rather poor" at his job?

People seriously need to think these things through before they write them.

Be upset with his comments if you want to...don't knock his performance on the field, as it's been quite good. He had very similar rookie numbers to guys like AJ Green and Julio Jones, playing with much lesser QBs.

Be upset with his comments if you want to...don't knock his performance on the field, as it's been quite good. He had very similar rookie numbers to guys like AJ Green and Julio Jones, playing with much lesser QBs.

Unfortunately, that's a novel idea these days.

any entertainer that belittles his audience is rather poor at his job. it's akin to bob hope on a uso tour telling the gi's they made a mistake by enlisting. i'm guessing Sammy won't ever be doing any free tours tho.

Ok Internet Tough Guy. I agree with the sentiment of others. Between your "assessment" of EJ's ability and your hysterics and drama queen antics in this thread, it's hard to believe you know anything about football.

So you've never seen a player play through an injury. Let's not pretend that this guy ruptured his !@#$ing achilles. He sprained his ankle. He played through worse last year.

I don't know where the "Internet Tough Guy," thing comes from, either. It's stupid. Am I challenging someone to a fight? No. I'm criticizing Glass Jaw for not being on the field and actually DOING SOMETHING before he starts opening his mouth, demanding targets. He was an idiot in front of the mic last year, an idiot in front of the mic this year, and he culminated it with pulling a Tim Graham on Instagram.

If anyone is a drama queen, it's Sam Watkins.

Your posts do not lead people to believe that you are not offended

Which people? My guess is that they all have one thing in common with you.

any entertainer that belittles his audience is rather poor at his job. it's akin to bob hope on a uso tour telling the gi's they made a mistake by enlisting. i'm guessing Sammy won't ever be doing any free tours tho.

You mean like the football camp he does for kids? :doh:

His job is to help the team win. You're straw-manning by saying that he's an entertainer.

The team's goal is to win. Fans' goal by watching is to be entertained.

Sammy's job is to catch passes and score touchdowns; he's good at it.

You're upset that his off-field demeanor detracts from the entertainment value that he specifically offers you; fine.

He's still good at his job.

So you've never seen a player play through an injury. Let's not pretend that this guy ruptured his !@#$ing achilles. He sprained his ankle. He played through worse last year.

I don't know where the "Internet Tough Guy," thing comes from, either. It's stupid. Am I challenging someone to a fight? No. I'm criticizing Glass Jaw for not being on the field and actually DOING SOMETHING before he starts opening his mouth, demanding targets. He was an idiot in front of the mic last year, an idiot in front of the mic this year, and he culminated it with pulling a Tim Graham on Instagram.

Which people? My guess is that they all have one thing in common with you.

That they read the posts?

Sammy Watkins is not a entertainer....he is a athlete and there is definately a differnce

Gug.....I have never really thought of you (before these comments) to be a poster here of little football intelligence

I will say this again from a player and coach standpoint......Sammy Watkins played with the ribs last year because it was a UPPER BODY injury......the injuries that Sammy has now are LOWER BODY injuries....when you are a player that relies on your ability to run routes, change direction, have speed burst, basically RUN you cannot play with an ankle sprain. To add to this doctors will probably not ALLOW Sammy to play with an ankle sprain because you can make it worse.

That they read the posts?

Sammy Watkins is not a entertainer....he is a athlete and there is definately a differnce

yes, I know some here consider sports and more specifically football to be a religious endeavor. but let me set you straight. it's entertainment.

yes, I know some here consider sports and more specifically football to be a religious endeavor. but let me set you straight. it's entertainment.

Exactly.

Gug.....I have never really thought of you (before these comments) to be a poster here of little football intelligence

I will say this again from a player and coach standpoint......Sammy Watkins played with the ribs last year because it was a UPPER BODY injury......the injuries that Sammy has now are LOWER BODY injuries....when you are a player that relies on your ability to run routes, change direction, have speed burst, basically RUN you cannot play with an ankle sprain. To add to this doctors will probably not ALLOW Sammy to play with an ankle sprain because you can make it worse.

Just so I'm clear ... you're speaking to me from a player and coach standpoint?

It's entertainment for you; for the players, coaches, and GMs, it's their livelihood. Winning on the field is their job.

The entertainment angle is simply your way of trying to construct an argument that fits the "Sammy isn't good at his job" diatribe.

It's entertainment for you; for the players, coaches, and GMs, it's their livelihood. Winning on the field is their job.

The entertainment angle is simply your way of trying to construct an argument that fits the "Sammy isn't good at his job" diatribe.

no. for an actor that plays broadway or the movies, her craft and livelihood is acting. her job is entertaining. same as for sports entertainers.

One of the first things Watkins did when he came to Buffalo is make an unscheduled visit to the hospital to see Jim Kelly and lift his spirits. It was a totally classy, thoughtful, generous thing to do.

no. for an actor that plays broadway or the movies, her craft and livelihood is acting. her job is entertaining. same as for sports entertainers.

What a crock argument! :lol: His job is to play football. Entertainment is a derived benefit that fans might receive from him doing his job on the field.

First - Sammy is/can be an awesome WR. I'm definitely not doubting that.

Secondly - I've always considered professional sports as entertainment. Yes, it's the players', coaches' and GMs' livelihoods, but to the fans, I believe they are entertainers. Just like rock stars and actors, It's their job to entertain fans.

There have been countless NFL players who - if they remained professional and dedicated - could have been awesome, but ended up not even being good; whether it was a stupid off-field mistake or just a bad attitude problem, lots of players have failed to reach their potential.

I have what I believe to be a legitimate concern that Sammy Watkins is going down that road. That's my problem with him. He doesn't, nor does any athlete/entertainer, offend me. But the way he handles himself off the field does bother me. It bothers me when players on other teams do it, too. It's unprofessional and these guys are professionals.

Just because Sammy Watkins HAS done good things on and off the field, those don't negate the bad stuff.

One of the first things Watkins did when he came to Buffalo is make an unscheduled visit to the hospital to see Jim Kelly and lift his spirits. It was a totally classy, thoughtful, generous thing to do.

and likely calculated and scripted by his agent. we now see what happen when he goes off script....unlike a talented actor.

Let me also tell you this (because I also know this from fact)

Actors do not have social media that is not managed by someone else......they have private ones that they talk to with friends, directors, producer (all verified accounts) but they NEVER have a public media forum that is not monitored by someone else.

Probably what Sammy should have done as well