A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Now Rex can suck my feet anytime, but does anyone really think he has a grasp of the nuances of the x and os even remotely approaching Billy B?

Why does he appear lost when the bumbling begins?

My problem with Coach Moron was that once you dispensed with the disciplinarian schtick, there was no special sauce, no command beyond the bluster that works for minor division one schools.

Is it possible that Rex is just barely a step above the disingenuous Doug?

I'm happy to see you posting your thoughts on the game. This is the best thread on the board.

Until there is good qb play little else matters. Anyone who still believes that EJ can be a franchise qb has little credibility to draw from.

I'm not concerned so much about a playoff run this year. I want to find out if TT can be a quality starter in this league and if he is durable enough.

Bill, I agree with you that I thought Kujo played reasonably well. It's also glaringly obvious that Incognito is not only our best offensive lineman but is also one of the best guards in the league.

I'm happy to see you posting your thoughts on the game. This is the best thread on the board.

Until there is good qb play little else matters. Anyone who still believes that EJ can be a franchise qb has little credibility to draw from.

I'm not concerned so much about a playoff run this year. I want to find out if TT can be a quality starter in this league and if he is durable enough.

Bill, I agree with you that I thought Kujo played reasonably well. It's also glaringly obvious that Incognito is not only our best offensive lineman but is also one of the best guards in the league.

This saddens me.

From the heady 'best talent in 20 years' Bills and the destined for a 'deep playoff run' Bills excitement of the spring, to the inevitable, 'lets see what we have in Tyrod' in a heroic run to 8-8 Bills.

Edited by Momma Pecoraro

1) I cannot type enough good things about Darby. He was our best corner on the field today by a wide margin, or so I think.

2) McCoy reminded me just a bit too much of Spiller today in terms of picking up the blitz. But, the man is a good player.

3) Would someone explain to me what was illegal about the block by Woods that he got flagged on? It was on the play that McCoy fumbled and cost us 15 yards. What did he do wrong? Thanks.

4) Cordy Glenn is an uninspired, average Left Tackle.

5) Jerry Hughes was all but worthless today. Seriously. On passing plays, he was handled easily by their LT with no help. And he over-ran most runs to his side, especially on the opening drive of the 2nd half.

6) When the last bolt of sunshine hits the mountain,

And the stars start to splatter in the sky.

When the moon splits the southwest horizon,

With the scream of an eagle on the fly.

I will walk alone by the black muddy river,

And listen to the ripples as they moan.

And sing me a song of my own.

7) Kuandjio looked like a fine Right Tackle today. He cannot play mind you, but he sure did LOOK like he can.

8) In the first half, EJ was SOOO bad that I was pining for the days of Rob Johnson.

9) I don't know what the scheme was, but on the Jags 2nd Qtr, TD pass, Gilmore simply backed up and allowed the receiver to get himself into position to make the catch. And I am less than impressed.

10) In the middle of the 1st qtr, EJ hit Gragg with a long pass. I was clapping my hands and just as happy as I could be. Then the replay showed that the pass was lousy, making him turn around for the ball. This is why he fell on his ass instead of waltzing in for a touchdown. I stopped clapping. Gragg then ran a beautiful pattern, out of bounds. Not to be outdone, EJ had Gragg open in the corner of the end zone, but he waited about a half hour to release the pass, which sailed incomplete. Do these two hate each other?

11) This team is good, but not good enough to compensate for EJ Manuel's poor play. Neither were the 76 Steelers.

12) Next week will be a fine time for all of us to rest.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeSean McCoy has been a complete bust.

He has done nothing that someone 5-7 million dollars cheaper couldn't have done so far.

Ok let's take away the following players from the Pats.

Brady QB

Edelman wr

Amendola wr

Dion Lewis rb

Blount RB playing hurt like shady is

2 starting offensive linemen

One of there best run stuffers Like are Kyle Williams

The best starting safety Like are Williams

And one of the best corners, we don't have mckellvn

Let's see how any team would do.

I don't think are season is over by a long shot

Let's get are players back and then judge this team.

Brady QB

Edelman wr

Amendola wr

Dion Lewis rb

They probably wouldn't make the playoffs.

Brady QB

Edelman wr

Amendola wr

Dion Lewis rb

Dont compare TT with Brady...EVER

Mckelvin has had one good season.

John Miller and Henderson were not missed today. KUJO had a good game.

Edelman and Amendola > Watkins and whoever that Harvin guy is.

1. People will blame EJ, but it's just lazy thinking. Sure he had that rough spell in the first half, but he fought back after that and got us the late 4Q lead again. I'm impressed that he doesn't go into a shell and kept making throws into tight windows like the TD to Woods. I also like how he uses more of the passing playbook and involves more players like Gragg, and heck even Easely caught his first TD.

Is he perfect? No! But does anyone really think the outcome of the last 2 games would have been different with Taylor, with the way our offense was grinding to a halt with him? Seriously? If anything, it just points to us not being settled at the position.

2. PI on Robey was a disgusting call. Up to the point the officials had done a reasonably fair job, but they've proven they simply can't be trusted to not spoil a game in crucial 4th Q moments. The official was on the other side of the WR and was not in a position to even see if there was PI. Why not have a chat with another official to see if he saw anything, instead of chucking the yellow on the field? #@$@%!

3. That said, Roman's play calling on the next possession was horrifically bad, so much so I have to question if the plays were coming in properly from the sideline. 2nd and 1 is the perfect situation to play around with some pass plays and take advantage of single coverage. Picking up the first down has to be considered a given. But with time running out, and us needing to hit just one mid-range pass to get into FG range, he calls run, QB sneak, rollout to left side for right handed QB?

4. WRT to #2 if Robey interfered with the WR, then Hogan was interfered with on the failed 4th down attempt too, even more so.

5. Still having a hard time getting a handle on Robert Woods ... he was just as effective as Watkins for many stretches of the game, then for others he completely disappears and can't buy separation.

6. Moore had some nice punt returns, he gives us the spark we needed in the return game.

7. With Pats beating Jets, the division is of course over. But OTH no one's running away with the wild card spots. Good run after the bye puts us back into contention.

Edited by JTSP

1. People will blame EJ, but it's just lazy thinking. Sure he had that rough spell in the first half, but he fought back after that and got us the lead again. I'm impressed that he doesn't go into a shell and kept making throws into tight windows like the TD to Woods. I also like how he uses more of the passing playbook and involves more players like Gragg, and heck even Easely caught his first TD.

Is he perfect? No! But does anyone really think the outcome of the last 2 games would have been different with Taylor, with the way our offense was grinding to a halt with him? Seriously? If anything, it just points to us not being settled at the position.

2. PI on Robey was a disgusting call. Up to the point the officials had done a reasonably fair job, but they've proven they simply can't be trusted to not spoil a game in crucial 4th Q moments. The official was on the other side of the WR and was not in a position to even see if there was PI. Why not have a chat with another official to see if he saw anything, instead of chucking the yellow on the field? #@$@%!

3. That said, Roman's play calling on the next possession was horrifically bad, so much so I have to question if the plays were coming in properly from the sideline. 2nd and 1 is the perfect situation to play around with some pass plays and take advantage of single coverage. Picking up the first down has to be considered a given. But with time running out, and us needing to hit just one mid-range pass to get into FG range, he calls run, QB sneak, rollout to left side for right handed QB?

4. WRT to #2 if Robey interfered with the WR, then Hogan was interfered with on the failed 4th down attempt too.

5. Still having a hard time getting a handle on Robert Woods ... he was just as effective as Watkins for many stretches of the game, then for others he completely disappears and can't buy separation.

6. Moore had some nice punt returns, he gives us the spark we needed in the return game.

7. With Pats beating Jets, the division is of course over. But OTH no one's running away with the wild card spots. Good run after the bye puts us back into contention.

I thin,the outcome of today's game quite possibly would have had a different,outcome with TT under center. The Bengals who knows?Manuel gave up 14 points in two plays. taylor seems a bit more poised than that IMO. The jags are one of the worst teams in the NFL. Did you see Bortles numbers? he sucked. So yea Taylor would have won today. this was not Brady, Eli, Palmer opposition.

Playoffs? Dream on.

1. People will blame EJ, but it's just lazy thinking. Sure he had that rough spell in the first half, but he fought back after that and got us the late 4Q lead again. I'm impressed that he doesn't go into a shell and kept making throws into tight windows like the TD to Woods. I also like how he uses more of the passing playbook and involves more players like Gragg, and heck even Easely caught his first TD.

4. WRT to #2 if Robey interfered with the WR, then Hogan was interfered with on the failed 4th down attempt too, even more so.

EJ had a "rough spell," sure. But it was like, the most rough spell I've seen on par with Geno Smith against us last year. He basically gifted the Jags 20 points. I have been rooting for EJ, but man, that dude crumbled under pressure.

I thin,the outcome of today's game quite possibly would have had a different,outcome with TT under center. The Bengals who knows?Manuel gave up 14 points in two plays. taylor seems a bit more poised than that IMO. The jags are one of the worst teams in the NFL. Did you see Bortles numbers? he sucked. So yea Taylor would have won today. this was not Brady, Eli, Palmer opposition.

Playoffs? Dream on.

maybe. I dont know though. we only managed a measly 10 points at home against giants, who have one of the worst defenses in the league. and the next week only 13 against titans. sorry just not seeing TT as the confirmed Messiah like so many others are taking for granted. What I saw was a guy who the league had caught up to, and needed to show he could adjust

Edited by JTSP

EJ is a rough spell. He almost makes me yearn for JP Losman, and that's really a sick thought.

Hughes appears to have forgotten that he used to be able to play. Perhaps it's the money.

If you're a team not prepared to play, game after game, don't expect to win many. And I've seen high school teams with more discipline.

Easley needs to be in the offensive mix. He's showing this year he can play more than special teams.

This saddens me.

From the heady 'best talent in 20 years' Bills and the destined for a 'deep playoff run' Bills excitement of the spring, to the inevitable, 'lets see what we have in Tyrod' in a heroic run to 8-8 Bills.

Any of the preseason enthusiasm should have been tempered by " still no proven answer at QB". Anyone ignoring this rather obvious fact did so at their own peril.

1) I cannot type enough good things about Darby. He was our best corner on the field today by a wide margin, or so I think.

2) McCoy reminded me just a bit too much of Spiller today in terms of picking up the blitz. But, the man is a good player.

3) Would someone explain to me what was illegal about the block by Woods that he got flagged on? It was on the play that McCoy fumbled and cost us 15 yards. What did he do wrong? Thanks.

4) Cordy Glenn is an uninspired, average Left Tackle.

5) Jerry Hughes was all but worthless today. Seriously. On passing plays, he was handled easily by their LT with no help. And he over-ran most runs to his side, especially on the opening drive of the 2nd half.

6) When the last bolt of sunshine hits the mountain,

And the stars start to splatter in the sky.

When the moon splits the southwest horizon,

With the scream of an eagle on the fly.

And listen to the ripples as they moan.

And sing me a song of my own.

7) Kuandjio looked like a fine Right Tackle today. He cannot play mind you, but he sure did LOOK like he can.

8) In the first half, EJ was SOOO bad that I was pining for the days of Rob Johnson.

9) I don't know what the scheme was, but on the Jags 2nd Qtr, TD pass, Gilmore simply backed up and allowed the receiver to get himself into position to make the catch. And I am less than impressed.

10) In the middle of the 1st qtr, EJ hit Gragg with a long pass. I was clapping my hands and just as happy as I could be. Then the replay showed that the pass was lousy, making him turn around for the ball. This is why he fell on his ass instead of waltzing in for a touchdown. I stopped clapping. Gragg then ran a beautiful pattern, out of bounds. Not to be outdone, EJ had Gragg open in the corner of the end zone, but he waited about a half hour to release the pass, which sailed incomplete. Do these two hate each other?

11) This team is good, but not good enough to compensate for EJ Manuel's poor play. Neither were the 76 Steelers.

12) Next week will be a fine time for all of us to rest.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing, ref are morons, clearly it was a block to the front not the back

(glad to see you back :thumbsup: )

Welcome back.

FYI I believe it was hogan on the bull **** crack back block. Shouldn't have been called.

Hey, at least I didn't drop 1500 bucks to watch that mess

Would have been worth a trip to London though, someday I'm going back there to see all the stuff I missed when I was in the Navy. (England was definitely the coolest country I went to, not a fan of southern Europe though)

Bill- it is so nice to see"a few thoughts in no particular order".

I hope your well bud.

For anyone left on this board which is I'm sure finally shrinking thinking we need to give EJ another chance, are we done?

He doesn't read defenses, he throws with terrible accuracy, and generally loses games for us. Thank you EJ for killing our season. We come out of this with a win, and we're still in it.

We're done now.

Whaley, what do you think about your decision to trade away Cassel now? We could have won this game even with these injuries. Anyone watching the 35-0 rout with the Fish today?

Lastly, Rex, please shut up, amd fix the team. Stop with the bravado. I know we had a ton of injuries, but please.

Amen to that, ever time he spouts some BS I just tune out, I was glad we hired him but know he is losing the fans and soon the team (silver lining: ej just got us one step closer to a real QB :thumbsup: )

Brady QB

Edelman wr

Amendola wr

Dion Lewis rb

Take away the legendary trio of Edelman, Amandola and Lewis?? No team could overcome such a death blow...

McKelvin would be a backup on this team if he was healthy right now..the Bills aren't missing him.

The pats are without Solder on the o-line and Wendell was out most of the season.

And "like are"? wtf?

Thanks so much to you and all! Luckily I am also a Crimson Tide Fan, even though at times I actually feel guilty about this.

Like I said, EJ set us back too far in the first half, and didn't do enough in the second. But sadly, he was not the only player who disappointed us today.

Hey at least you have a winning team to root for

we only managed a measly 10 points at home against giants, who have one of the worst defenses in the league. and the next week only 13 against titans. sorry just not seeing TT as the confirmed Messiah like so many others are taking for granted. What I saw was a guy who the league had caught up to, and needed to show he could adjust

:thumbsup::thumbsup: TT is a great runner average QB, not going to work in this league

This saddens me.

From the heady 'best talent in 20 years'Bills and the destined for a 'deep playoff run' Bills excitement of the spring, to the inevitable, 'lets see what we have in Tyrod' in a heroic run to 8-8 Bills.

This team never was destined to be a deep playoff team. If you bought into the hype then you took the bait of exaggerated talk and expectations compared to the reality of the situation. Until the qb position is adequately staffed little else matters.

The Bills were a fringe playoff team before the season started with the assumption that the qb play wouldn't hurt their thin chances for qualifying for the post season. The EJ question is settled. He is a reasonable backup, nothing more. The next issue is whether TT can be a decent starter and be durable enough.

Watkins is a tremendous talent. He is capable of being one of the best receivers in the game. But on this team his talent is not going to be maximized because of its caliber of qbing. The Falcons payed a heavy price to jump up to get Julio Jones. It was reasonable for them to make that expensive draft maneuver because they had a very good qb in Ryan. That wasn't the situation with the Bills. It would have made more sense to first solidify the qb position and then add the playmakers. Looking back the better approach would have been to draft Derek Carr or Terry Bridgewater (with trade downs) and get the qb position secured. From there you are in a better position to properly build your roster.

Edited by JohnC