A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

1) I cannot type enough good things about Darby. He was our best corner on the field today by a wide margin, or so I think.

2) McCoy reminded me just a bit too much of Spiller today in terms of picking up the blitz. But, the man is a good player.

3) Would someone explain to me what was illegal about the block by Woods that he got flagged on? It was on the play that McCoy fumbled and cost us 15 yards. What did he do wrong? Thanks.

4) Cordy Glenn is an uninspired, average Left Tackle.

5) Jerry Hughes was all but worthless today. Seriously. On passing plays, he was handled easily by their LT with no help. And he over-ran most runs to his side, especially on the opening drive of the 2nd half.

6) When the last bolt of sunshine hits the mountain,

And the stars start to splatter in the sky.

When the moon splits the southwest horizon,

With the scream of an eagle on the fly.

I will walk alone by the black muddy river,

And listen to the ripples as they moan.

And sing me a song of my own.

7) Kuandjio looked like a fine Right Tackle today. He cannot play mind you, but he sure did LOOK like he can.

8) In the first half, EJ was SOOO bad that I was pining for the days of Rob Johnson.

9) I don't know what the scheme was, but on the Jags 2nd Qtr, TD pass, Gilmore simply backed up and allowed the receiver to get himself into position to make the catch. And I am less than impressed.

10) In the middle of the 1st qtr, EJ hit Gragg with a long pass. I was clapping my hands and just as happy as I could be. Then the replay showed that the pass was lousy, making him turn around for the ball. This is why he fell on his ass instead of waltzing in for a touchdown. I stopped clapping. Gragg then ran a beautiful pattern, out of bounds. Not to be outdone, EJ had Gragg open in the corner of the end zone, but he waited about a half hour to release the pass, which sailed incomplete. Do these two hate each other?

11) This team is good, but not good enough to compensate for EJ Manuel's poor play. Neither were the 76 Steelers.

12) Next week will be a fine time for all of us to rest.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I cannot type enough good things about Darby. He was our best corner on the field today by a wide margin, or so I think.

2) McCoy reminded me just a bit too much of Spiller today in terms of picking up the blitz. But, the man is a good player.

3) Would someone explain to me what was illegal about the block by Woods that he got flagged on? It was on the play that McCoy fumbled and cost us 15 yards. What did he do wrong? Thanks.

4) Cordy Glenn is an uninspired, average Left Tackle.

5) Jerry Hughes was all but worthless today. Seriously. On passing plays, he was handled easily by their LT with no help. And he over-ran most runs to his side, especially on the opening drive of the 2nd half.

6) When the last bolt of sunshine hits the mountain,

And the stars start to splatter in the sky.

When the moon splits the southwest horizon,

With the scream of an eagle on the fly.

And listen to the ripples as they moan.

And sing me a song of my own.

7) Kuandjio looked like a fine Right Tackle today. He cannot play mind you, but he sure did LOOK like he can.

8) In the first half, EJ was SOOO bad that I was pining for the days of Rob Johnson.

9) I don't know what the scheme was, but on the Jags 2nd Qtr, TD pass, Gilmore simply backed up and allowed the receiver to get himself into position to make the catch. And I am less than impressed.

10) In the middle of the 1st qtr, EJ hit Gragg with a long pass. I was clapping my hands and just as happy as I could be. Then the replay showed that the pass was lousy, making him turn around for the ball. This is why he fell on his ass instead of waltzing in for a touchdown. I stopped clapping. Gragg then ran a beautiful pattern, out of bounds. Not to be outdone, EJ had Gragg open in the corner of the end zone, but he waited about a half hour to release the pass, which sailed incomplete. Do these two hate each other?

11) This team is good, but not good enough to compensate for EJ Manuel's poor play. Neither were the 76 Steelers.

12) Next week will be a fine time for all of us to rest.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To #3, they called peelback. But it was the wrong call. Woods hit him in the front, not the side or below the knees.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/19/4125046/nfl-rule-changes-peel-back-block

Good to see ya back.

Edited by FireChan

Right folks, great to see Bill back posting.

Good things that happened today:

- Easley finally gets that big catch. TIme to move on from Percy. Easley gives a potential new dimension to this offense as a big receiver. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of him regardless of the situation with Percy and Sammy.

- Koundjio: yeah, he got beat about as often as Seantrel. But Seantrel has shown virtually no improvement over 20+ NFL starts, so I'm fine with letting Cyrus have his chance. There really is no downside to making that switch.

- EJ wasn't really worse than Brandon Weeden for example. Of course, Weeden is 0-11 in his last 11 starts. Maybe that's not a "good thing"

- Corey Graham played great, but wasn't he clutching his, err, groin as he got beat on that game winning catch?