Sorry, but you've lost the ability to give excuses

Virgil

In many jobs today, they have a "no fault" policy in regards to being late or tardy. It doesn't matter why you are late, it just counts against you. Now, they will give you more chances, but when you are done you are done. So, if you do get fired for missing work after the 6th time because something genuinely happened, they aren't firing you for being sick, they are firing you because you are unreliable and put yourself in a situation where you couldn't afford to miss again.

The Bills are at that point. Sure, EJ stunk up this game for the most part. Although he did have his moments. But he is the QB they put out there. He was their choice as backup. Roman and Rex both came from jobs where the teams no longer want them due to poor performance.

As an employer (Bills Fans) many have gone well beyond the point of benefit of the doubt. Just look at the sell-outs at home so far and those who traveled to London.

I've heard your excuses all season. I heard you talk a good game. But now you are done. I'm so !@#$ing sick of the potential wasted with this team. Guess what. Every team gets hurt. Every team has penalties go against them. You don't want that phantom PI call to hurt you, don't be losing to the !@#$ing Jags!.

This team is done. We will not make the playoffs. We are stuck with Rex and Roman for this year and at least next. The futility will continue. Thank you Pegula for saving the team. Thank you very much. I'm just sad that your first decision continued the misery of being a Bills fan.

Good news is, the pressure is off to give a **** about this team this season. I can watch the games with a sense of "if they win, that's a bonus". Stress free.

No way Blake fricken bortles steamrolls this defense like that last year. I'm tired "giving them time"..... This team gets worse every week they step out on the field. whike sweater vest just spouts delusional BS about how good he is...

This defensive scheme turned the best d line in the game into a joke. Can no longer blame elite QBs for carving them up...

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Steamrolls? The guy had like 11 completions going into the final drive. The PI call was a gift and a complete joke. The Bills lost only because EJM gave the Jags 14 points.

It's something every week. We almost lost to the Titans. This is a great team being ruined by coaching and roster decisions

It's something every week. We almost lost to the Titans. This is a great team being ruined by coaching and roster decisions

When have they showed themselves to be anything close to a great team? This team is far from being even good, and it's mostly because of Jiims and Joes not Xs and Os. Too many players make bad plays and poor decisions.

Until Terry instructs this Bill management to draft a QB every season until we find one this franchise will see these types of performances and games that we lose in the 4TH quarter. Whaley refused to draft any QB this year and last because he wants EJ to succeed. Whaley just does not get "it"

Until Terry instructs this Bill management to draft a QB every season until we find one this franchise will see these types of performances and games that we lose in the 4TH quarter. Whaley refused to draft any QB this year and last because he wants EJ to succeed. Whaley just does not get "it"

Who has since Polian?

Last I checked, teams don't win much when they are missing their Starting QB, top 2 WRs, other WRs, all their RB depth, their right side of the OL.

So before we get all doom and gloom, maybe we should actually judge the team once its healthy. Dallas is a contender with Dez and Romo, joke without. Pitt is a contender with Big Ben, joke without.

When you are missing all those pieces, your team is not usually very good. Yet we are still in all these games. Refs stole the game at the end, but EJ really gave it away early. With TT in this game I think we win it pretty easily.

I am as disappointed as everyone, but to disregard the unbelievable amount of injuries in evaluating what this team could be doesn't make sense to me.

It's two hours later and I'm still not sure how to react to this. It's just so baffling to me.

I'm so sick of the positivity and excuses. Other teams survive and win. We lost to the Jags?!

Actually other teams missing all their starters on offense don't survive and win.

The problem is the head coach, pure and simple. Look what he has done with a top 5 defense. Look at what the Jets are doing without him.

I'm with you. He ran his big mouth talking about having the greatest defense of all time, but when the chips were down facing Blake Bortles to close out the game, his defense turned into a folding chair. EJ sucks. EJ should not be an NFL QB. But the Bills had the lead at the end of the game. Rex's defense blew it. The PI call was a joke, but the Bills still had the lead after it was made.

This is on Rex and the defense.

The problem is the head coach, pure and simple. Look what he has done with a top 5 defense. Look at what the Jets are doing without him.

First of all, Jets added MANY Critical players...Marshall, Revis, Cromartie, etc. Its not the same Jets team by any means.

Second, our team is missing its entire starting offense damn near.

You can not compare the two right now.

I'm with you. He ran his big mouth talking about having the greatest defense of all time, but when the chips were down facing Blake Bortles to close out the game, his defense turned into a folding chair. EJ sucks. EJ should not be an NFL QB. But the Bills had the lead at the end of the game. Rex's defense blew it. The PI call was a joke, but the Bills still had the lead after it was made.

This is on Rex and the defense.

This is NOT on the defense

It is on a QB who spotted them 2 touchdowns (literally) in the 1st half

We were one absolutely awful (ok, two of you count the missed hold on the last TD) garbage call from coming back to win that game.

Winning would calm the sting, but not change the reality of who we are as a team.

First of all, Jets added MANY Critical players...Marshall, Revis, Cromartie, etc. Its not the same Jets team by any means.

Second, our team is missing its entire starting offense damn near.

You can not compare the two right now.

You can if you've already got the narrative in your head that the only difference between the 2014 Jets and the 2015 version is Rex.

Poor defense, stupid penalties, bad Oline and below had QB'ing. New owner, new coaches, hundreds if millions invested --same old Bills.

it all starts at the top

poor decision by owner on the HC hire, poor decisions by GM and god awful QB play

This is NOT on the defense

It is on a QB who spotted them 2 touchdowns (literally) in the 1st half

Right, that 9 minute drive to start the second half was on the QB. Good thing the Jags are too stupid to put Yeldon in their short yardage package, or they would have ended the game right there. Nice half-time adjustments Rex, even though they stopped the Toby Gerhardt show, it still cost them at least two drives with the time the Jags ate.

And then when EJ stumbled into a lead (because, again, it's the Jags), all the D had to do was hold the Jags on downs. No dice. Game in the hands of Rex and his vaunted D, they failed.

How many QBs do you have to watch destroy Ryan's defenses before you realize what a fraud his schemes are. Brady, okay. Eli Manning, eh maybe. Dalton, c'mon now. Bortles? Give me a f'n break.

EJ is what he is. But Ryan is supposed to be a defensive mastermind. The Bills talent on defense is supposed to be top notch. When are they going to prove it on the field?

It doesn't matter who it is anymore. That's the point. Blame the D one quarter, EJ the first half, the coaching at the end. It doesn't matter because the result is the same.

We are all just dumb enough to let ourselves get caught up in different excuses so that we can find a reason to be back next week.

injuries or not, I think another coach has us with a better record right now.