Matthew Stafford

jkirchofer

Have there been any rumblings about the possibility of trading for Stafford? Mort & Schefter of ESPN report that he could be available if the Lions want to make a move towards the future. He has no guaranteed money past this year and although comes with a hefty price tag is a franchise quarterback with proven numbers. Thoughts?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have there been any rumblings about the possibility of trading for Stafford? Mort & Schefter of ESPN report that he could be available if the Lions want to make a move towards the future. He has no guaranteed money past this year and although comes with a hefty price tag is a franchise quarterback with proven numbers. Thoughts?

I don't know of many teams that's trying to get rid of a "franchise" QB.

we are in the same situation we were in with Fitz. we have a guy who is doing sort of good, he might be the guy so let's wait and see. doing that with Fitz really set us back and we missed out on a lot of good players in the meantime (TJ Graham instead of Russel Wilson, oops!). also, keep in mind we just gave a ton of money to our DL and LeSean McCoy and Charles Clay. we were able to do those things because we don't have to pay a QB. i don't think we could afford someone like Matt Stafford even if he did become available without making some big moves (Mario perhaps)

Not going to happen unfortunately. This would be the trade to make if it was possible. I don't think it would be and think the Lions will sign him long term. But yeah if it's possible you trade the farm for a guy like him. He's an excellent QB. Ryan would prefer Taylor over him though. He sticks to his QBs.

He's Jay Cutler's younger brother

Yeah, and it's not like either of them have been to the playoffs. Oh, wait ...

Always amazes me how Bills fans disparage other team's QBs when we haven't had anyone of that quality since Bledsoe. Not saying I love Stafford, but beggars can't be choosers.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Yeah, and it's not like either of them have been to the playoffs. Oh, wait ...

Always amazes me how Bills fans disparage other team's QBs when we haven't had anyone of that quality since Bledsoe. Not saying I love Stafford, but beggars can't be choosers.

Yes but he is not worth his contract and he is not worth giving anything of value to aquire.

Would he be better than most of the trash since Kelly. Yes. Would he be worth the investment - no.