Strong words from Jimbo on Rex/the team.

FireChan

Bottom line if what Rex/Thurman was doing was creating pressure on the QB and getting turnovers and sacks then no one would be complaining. But when your only rushing 3 guys and QB are seeing No pressure and have all day to throw and we're getting lit up on defense then guys are going to speak out.

Players are getting heat from the press. Players hate looking overpaid and overrated.

Good point. I would like to think Rex and Co. would recognize when something is not working quicker than 5 games into the season. Playing coverage always gives the QB more time to throw. Even rookie qb's will kill us if we maintain that philosophy. Even Brady and Manning will throw picks if they are getting hit. Lets go back to the 4 and 5 man attack and for crying out loud lets play up on the receiver to leverage ourself on the quick throws. Rex is coaching scared playing it too safe.

Edited by VADC Bills

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M hoping Rex makes changes to the defense as I type. Not so sure we can wait til the bye week.

I'm also hoping Roman is making changes to the offense as I type so we can cut way down on the 3 and outs and score more points. 10, 14, and 21 over the last 3 games (in which we are 1-2) ain't gettin' it done.

I would love for him to make changes now as well. But at the latest over the bye.

Is this true? He's paid to be with the team? Does this exist on any of the other 31 teams?

Also, I think I've made my "beef" pretty clear. His time was 25 years ago. There were Buffalo Bills before him, there have been plenty since. At some point he and the organization should move on.

he was paid by Ralph when he retired. I believe it was part of a separation package. What his arrangment is now I have no idea. It's PR simple as that. Does he have any pull? I seriously doubt that. I don't think his arrangement is all that unusual the SF Giants had Willie Mays for decades showing up. Joe Montana is involved with his business interests with the niners new stadium Area I am told. I am sure there's more.

BTW you should change your avatar! Right?

Edited by Best Player Available

Is this true? He's paid to be with the team? Does this exist on any of the other 31 teams?

Also, I think I've made my "beef" pretty clear. His time was 25 years ago. There were Buffalo Bills before him, there have been plenty since. At some point he and the organization should move on.

why so miserable?

Jimbo seems like a lot on this board.

IMO

Without the insane need to be "right" about everything.

So to be clear, we should stop listening to the greatest quarterback in our organization's history and do what, read more of your posts?

You sound like that no talent ass clown Colin Cowherd. All this relevent is what has happened in the last 5 minutes, 5 days, or at most 5 years.

he was paid by Ralph when he retired. I believe it was part of a separation package. What his arrangment is now I have no idea. It's PR simple as that. Does he have any pull? I seriously doubt that. I don't think his arrangement is all that unusual the SF Giants had Willie Mays for decades showing up. Joe Montana is involved with his business interests with the niners new stadium Area I am told. I am sure there's more.

BTW you should change your avatar! Right?

why so miserable?

Without the insane need to be "right" about everything.

So to be clear, we should stop listening to the greatest quarterback in our organization's history and do what, read more of your posts?

You sound like that no talent ass clown Colin Cowherd. All this relevent is what has happened in the last 5 minutes, 5 days, or at most 5 years.

Wow, you guys sure do get them in a bunch when somebody questions the relevance to the franchise of a quarterback who hasn't taken a snap this decade/century. I acknowledged that my opinion was unpopular because I realized how much Bills fans cling to the past. Thanks for reinforcing that.

Does Montana travel with the Niners?

Is Marino still on the sidelines in Miami?

Does Aikman address the team at camp?

If the answer to any of these questions is "yes," then okay, I was wrong. If not, then I'd ask you why they don't and Jim does.

This whole dropping guys into coverage thing is overblown. Happened a few times.

When a guy like lebeau does it, it is hailed as genius.

No its not and its been more than a few times. Who in the heck lines a DT at DE then drops him into coverage over the middle? And then he just stood there as the play went around him. While we are at it lets make Manny Lawson a Tight End. In all seriousness im not trying to bag on ya---this D is built for the front four to get after the QB---thats whay these guys do. Its kinda like asking Brady to scramble on 3rd and 10 it gets ya nowhere

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 10m10 minutes ago

Jim Kelly on Bills losing three straight at home: "I'm just not used to that. When you don't win at home, that's not good."

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 11m11 minutes ago

Jim Kelly: "I'm speaking from the heart. I don't know what the heck's wrong. Injuries on offense don't help but on defense, I don't know."

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 10m10 minutes ago

Kelly: "I was excited like everybody was to see what our defense can do. And so far, we haven't done very well. I hope that gets changed."

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 9m9 minutes ago

Kelly: "We continue to commit stupid penalties and play dumb football."

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 8m8 minutes ago

Kelly: "Tyrod, I like what I see. He's got a heck of an arm and the athletic ability. Again, it's injuries."

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 8m8 minutes ago

Jim Kelly: "Dropping Mario Williams into coverage a lot? Didn't we pay him a lot of money to hit the quarterback?"

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 6m6 minutes ago

Kelly: "If I'm the QB and I see (Mario) dropping into coverage -and Hughes? - that's a big plus. I'd definitely have a smile on my face."

He's telling it like it is....

I do not think Pegula will try to dictate Rex changes but he will ask Rex who is available who he could bring in as a consultant to give you an objective (not someone from Rex coach tree) view of your defense and help you get it on track. If he says no one then Pegula has a lot of issues with Rex.

Wow, you guys sure do get them in a bunch when somebody questions the relevance to the franchise of a quarterback who hasn't taken a snap this decade/century. I acknowledged that my opinion was unpopular because I realized how much Bills fans cling to the past. Thanks for reinforcing that.

If the answer to any of these questions is "yes," then okay, I was wrong. If not, then I'd ask you why they don't and Jim does.

So then if Marino, Aikman and Montana don't then you're right? No other players?

They don't because they have better things to do and Jim doesn't. He lives in WNY for God's sake. :doh:

I see both sides to this... I think Jim represents a lot - "Kelly Tough", survival, love and support of the region, etc.

I don't have an issue with his being a paid ambassador for the team and talking at camp, etc. I think many players and coaches respect him for what he did as a Bill and as a HOF member in addition to being a cancer survivor.

That said, there are a lot of younger Bils fans who don't really remember watching the Bills of the 90s. Many of the rookies were probably born after the last SB the Bills played in. I thought that parading all of the HOFers around before the Pats* game was odd.

The day that the organization can prop up current players and no longer needs to prop up the 90s Bills will be the day that they are truly back to being relevant.

But I like the alumni focus that the Pegulas have and wouldn't want that changed.

Does anyone disagree with what Kelly said?

This reporter probably had to go hit up old players for an interview since he was in the middle of the Sammy get me the ball thing last week. None of the current Bills wanted to talk to him. Ha

I hope Rex figures out how to get the guys to buy into what he is selling.

Kelly is right. A lot of us have been expressing doubts and concerns for three or four weeks, as the sacks dried up and opposing QBs all looked like Tom Brady. Even Mariotta, who was supposed to be a deer in the headlights rookie facing this sophisticated defense, nearly beat the Bills. Only Miami, playing to get their coach fired, and the Colts, who must have spent their offseason thinking how great they were instead of getting better, couldn't handle the Bills' defense.