EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, people will blame the QB for everything. EJ was not great, but the defense got outcoached and outplayed. The Special Teams are a colossal failure.

^this

And with a little more game time without Marrone breathing down his neck, EJ might have some room to improve. I think he is a perfectly adequate back-up. For now.

Where did the OP say that EJ was the reason we lost? He wasn't the only reason we lost. But he wasn't going to win it for us either.

I love EJ. Was happy when we drafted him and bought his jersey immediately. I wanted him to win the job. But the fact is, he's erratic as all hell, can't hit guys in stride, and his deep ball is terrible.

He's a back-up at best.

That's independent of the outcome to this game.

He had 3 great drives today. 4 if not for the penalty on the last drive. Had some piss-poor field position too.

Made some ballsy throws. Accuracy was inconsistent.

Overall, it was probably one of his best complete games as a pro IMO. I still think his ceiling is higher than TT. The problem is in his head.

bull ****! I sit on fhe 50 my friend and he had receivers open all day long and cant find em or when he does its off the mark. Nice try

Somehow with those great seats you couldnt see the horrible ST play and a sieve for a defense? Or do you expect him to lead the O on 5 80+ yard drives to win the game?

Focusing on QB play is absurd. Aaron Rogers would have had a mighty task in QBing this team to victory given how the team played. EJ wasnt great but why people are focusing on him has more to do with them wanting desperately to be "right" than in giving an honest assessment of the game.

EJ's performance today was the first or second best game performance by a Buffalo quarterback this season.

EJ wasn't great, but Tyrod hasn't been very good either.

Tyrod has shown through 5 games, in his 5th year in the league, that he is not "The Guy".

If today convinced you that EJ also is not "The Guy", then I submit that neither one is good enough to be the starter.

Is the game just too complicated for some people to do anything but blame the QB? Any criticism of the defense with another game with 0 sacks??? Couldn't stop the Bengals at any time they needed too? No , just blame the QB, no thinking required.

Defense was exhausted due to poor QB play.

How many times does one have to say that you cannot teach accuracy and feel for the game. His poor throw may have been what got Sammy injured; his having to quickly switch his weight to his other ankle. Yes Watkins is fragile but EJ is mediocre at best. What was laughable were the CBS announcers saying more than once that EJ might unseat Taylor if he showed something in this game.

Why can't we focus on all the bad things?

I can complain about defense AND Manuel. And penalties. And piss poor pass protection. All of it.

EJ's still showing the same issues. That INT to Hogan was a terrible throw. He wasn't being sacked. Set your feet and deliver a strike, dude. Tyrod's mechanics have been much better. Hopefully he's back next week. They need to win the next 2 games.

He is not accurate enough to be a legitimate starting QB and takes too long to make his reads.

Honestly, was he that far behind TT in that regard?

To my eye the biggest thing is He's still just throwing behind guys and it seems to be true across the route tree

Is the game just too complicated for some people to do anything but blame the QB? Any criticism of the defense with another game with 0 sacks??? Couldn't stop the Bengals at any time they needed too? No , just blame the QB, no thinking required.

Duh! One thing has nothing to do with the other. The defense can't play, and separately, either can EJ.

How many times does one have to say that you cannot teach accuracy and feel for the game. His poor throw may have been what got Sammy injured; his having to quickly switch his weight to his other ankle. Yes Watkins is fragile but EJ is mediocre at best. What was laughable were the CBS announcers saying more than once that EJ might unseat Taylor if he showed something in this game.

You can't blame the qb for Sammy. His body just gave out. A guys got to be able to plant - it's not like he threw him into a big hit.