Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

he played 16 games last year with cracked ribs

Who claimed he played all 16 weeks with broken ribs? The injury was preseason. Recovery took some time, and he played through it. You prefer ignoring that, despite the pain involved. That's fine. You can have an opinion. Do you have a specific point?

I was doubting this was the case. I made that point in the post right above yours.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also had hip surgery this off season as a result of an injury he took from the Browns Week 13. The guy was injured most of the season no doubt. And it wasn't because he was "injury prone" either.

Still played all 16 weeks. I think Sammy knows the "difference between injury and pain".

Anyone still trying to say Watkins doesn't play hurt -- it is just a terrible take. Time to find a new crusade. If it's that he's "injury prone" clap it up for all the NFL WRs who never have any injuries. They are the ones who never play.

Edited by YoloinOhio

According to Sammy, after his rib re-injury, he said it was initially a "contusion". He said the re-injury was "deeper". Never mentioned fracture. Neither did the team.

He would have missed games with a fracture. Evenso, it wouldn't be a 16 week injury.

It was a fracture. A friend of mine heard it from the Bills Doctor himself. Believe it or not. I posted it here when it happened too.

Really basic idea: listen to the defensive players. If the most elite front seven guy (Mario Williams) and the best secondary guy (Gilmore) both say that he's one of the best guys they've faced in recent years, listen to them. Get him the damn ball.

To be fair, Manuel wasn't able to hit the broad side of a barn in deeper throws in those games. He was way off target on most of those throws.

not true. he hit the broad side of a barn with ease.

51FpLYYpsGL.jpg

Here we go...man this board just LOVES to hate on its own players and lives for these moments. You guys do realize he played hurt right? And when you play hurt on these kinds of injuries without letting them heal 100% you have a real chance to reaggrivate it or make it worse. He played because we were really short handed on offense this week against a good team.

Sometimes I really hate this board.

Here we go...man this board just LOVES to hate on its own players and lives for these moments. You guys do realize he played hurt right? And when you play hurt on these kinds of injuries without letting them heal 100% you have a real chance to reaggrivate it or make it worse. He played because we were really short handed on offense this week against a good team.

Sometimes I really hate this board.

Yes, I realize he played hurt. I realize he's been playing hurt (or just plain hurt) for a year and a half now. Which to me makes it stupid for him to be complaining about not getting the ball enough.