New England had the fewest fumbles again in 2015

papazoid

To date, the Patriots are one of only five teams in the league that hasn’t fumbled on a running play this year​

geez, i thought they owed less fumbling to deflated balls ??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/15/patriots-quietly-have-the-nfls-most-effective-running-game/

Edited by papazoid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the 'running play' qualifier? Might as well put a "Misleading Stat Alert!" tag on this thread.

As I said in the "look how often they've fumbled" thread, it's still a small sample size so draw conclusions at your own peril.

With regards to the disclaimer of rushing plays, I'd venture a running back having secured the ball is a more true indicator of psi than Brady getting chopped (ball coming out regardless of psi) or muffing a kick for example.

Like I said, it's waaaay too early but outside of gray, it doesn't seem to be skyrocketing like some posters insisted it would.

Exactly. They were exonerated. Why would they stop?

No, they were not exonerated. The judge just ruled that The League was too heavy-handed in doling out the punishment to Brady (before going off to join Robert Kraft at a shee-shee dinner party in the Hamptons). Court is adjourned.

As I said in the "look how often they've fumbled" thread, it's still a small sample size so draw conclusions at your own peril.

With regards to the disclaimer of rushing plays, I'd venture a running back having secured the ball is a more true indicator of psi than Brady getting chopped (ball coming out regardless of psi) or muffing a kick for example.

Like I said, it's waaaay too early but outside of gray, it doesn't seem to be skyrocketing like some posters insisted it would.

Then note how many NE fumbles were strip sacks of the QB this year and in previous years. Do likewise for other teams when comparing. A WR or QB with the ball tucked away should absolutely count. Ignoring those fumble - especially for a team that runs so little - is clearly misleading through intent, bias or stupidity.

the Colts are already sipping their warm milk and curling up in their blankees in anticipation of the ass kicking that is coming.

As much as I hate New England (and I do) and as much as every TD Brady throws is one closer to the all-time record (which he wants) I almost don't mind the idea of seeing them drop 80 on the wimpy colts this weekend, just because the colts have failed time and time again to stop them and haven't even shown up in the process.

The Patriots are one of only five teams in the league that hasn’t fumbled on a running play this year​

geez, i thought they owed less fumbling to deflated balls ??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/15/patriots-quietly-have-the-nfls-most-effective-running-game/

Well some are trying to put air into the P*ts balls using their lips. Thanks for effort.

Then note how many NE fumbles were strip sacks of the QB this year and in previous years. Do likewise for other teams when comparing. A WR or QB with the ball tucked away should absolutely count. Ignoring those fumble - especially for a team that runs so little - is clearly misleading through intent, bias or stupidity.

have at it - it wasnt some hard hitting advanced stat. if someone is tracking "type of fumbles" situationally, it could be interesting but im guessing its not easy access like "rushing fumbles" which kind of acts as some bar napkin subsitute. i likewise wasnt defending as some end all be all stat.

and just an FYI... its not like NE is wildly out of line for attempts. 3 more rushes per game would put them dead center of the league in carries per game.

Edited by NoSaint

The Patriots have led the league mostly the past 10 years in least fumbles. The don't fumble, they catch everything, their receivers go 5 yards on 3rd and 4, and they don't take stupid penalties. It's why they win, and we can learn from them

have at it - it wasnt some hard hitting advanced stat. if someone is tracking "type of fumbles" situationally, it could be interesting but im guessing its not easy access like "rushing fumbles" which kind of acts as some bar napkin subsitute. i likewise wasnt defending as some end all be all stat.

and just an FYI... its not like NE is wildly out of line for attempts. 3 more rushes per game would put them dead center of the league in carries per game.

Don't try to be reasonable. You are supposed to rage and rail against the Patriots, not note when attacks against them seem exaggerated.