Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

If only the Pats*** had let Bledsoe heal up and put that Brady guy back on the bench....

Lighten up - I'm NOT calling EJ the next Brady. Just wishing a bit...

Play em both!! call me crazy, if you have not already.

and geez let Jerome Felton run and catch please!!!

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more than just Whaley. Rex did say that he wanted to develop EJ and from what we saw in preseason, that appeared to be exactly what they were doing. [no tea leaves were harmed in making this assessment]

Rex did say TT and EJ are the "present and future." So, maybe indicative that he is of that mind as well. We all knew he was the prototypical QB in his physical tools and work ethic. I like TT, but he doesn't seem like a long term answer. He has been good enough to provide some spark and production, but our offense has been boom-or-bust and that worries me. TT misses a lot of open receivers, like doesn't see them, and can't throw over the middle.

Edited by Big C

No reason for him to think otherwise...until the situation changes. Those two are in practice together every day and know each other's capabilities. If TT is nervous, that can only mean good things for the team overall.

agreed. But the team is better when they are both working selfishly. easier said than done i would imagine

I've been lukewarm at best about EJ but he looked much more in command during preseason (when he wasn't mishanding snaps!). I'm actually looking forward to him playing. TT has been a huge spark and has great skill but lets face it, his last two first halfs have been horrible. If we can get Watkins back and a RB, that will help enormously. We will still need a monumental defensive effort like we saw vs. Green Bay last year.

It's funny reading some of the sentiments in this thread where people now act like EJ is a proven commodity who makes all the throws and that TT is limited. :lol:

Lol, well what I'm saying is EJ showed that he can make more throws than TT in preseason, and have faith that he can still become a great QB, but I do understand starting TT this year over EJ.

It's funny reading some of the sentiments in this thread where people now act like EJ is a proven commodity who makes all the throws and that TT is limited. :lol:

At least for me it's less about what Manuel can do that Tyrod can't and more about thinking Manuel is a suitable replacement to step up. I think he will surprise people this week as long as 2 of 3 of Watkins, Shady, and Williams come back. I also think Tyrod would have looked better if they were back too.

BTW, on a tangent, I hope someone expresses to TT that he is this team's starter.

...I want him to know for sure that if he is injured he can sit; not that he better play no matter what or risk losing his job.

Except that's never the case. Ever.

But generally he should know playing hurt isn't good for his career either.

Play em both!! call me crazy, if you have not already.

and geez let Jerome Felton run and catch please!!!

The way TT caught the ball at (OK just short of) the goal line, I think he COULD find a place on a team with a top tier QB. He's a great athlete!

And for clarification, if I've already called you crazy, am I done?

The way TT caught the ball at (OK just short of) the goal line, I think he COULD find a place on a team with a top tier QB. He's a great athlete!

And for clarification, if I've already called you crazy, am I done?

Good Call Augie!

On both counts!!

Behind the door the box is always underwhelming....

Congratulations! (should have taken the curtain)

dead_fish.jpg?format=500w

I think you need to play EJ...

Tyrod is hobbled and I have to think that playing with an MCL sprain makes a more serious knee injury more likely.

Tyrod has pretty much been ineffective passing the ball for a couple of games now. Let's let him heal up and see if EJ can play well. If so, we have a good problem. If not, we know about EJ going forward.

I don't see how putting out a busted up Tyrod helps anything.

Helped the team win this past Sunday.

Lol, well what I'm saying is EJ showed that he can make more throws than TT in preseason, and have faith that he can still become a great QB, but I do understand starting TT this year over EJ.

I haven't seen a throw that Tyrod can't make. He has a huge arm and nice touch.

I think you must be referring to the idea that he can't see the middle of the field over his lineman.

That may be true but we don't really know that because that hasn't been a focal area for the passing game and that may be because Roman doesn't trust TT to throw over the middle or because he just doesn't want anyone to throw into traffic because the way the defense was playing early on they just couldn't survive turnovers.

I am a fan of both QB's and defended EJ but if EJ had played like TT to this point in the season I would be feeling great about what he's done because he struggled with accuracy/ball placement on intermediate and long throws since day 1 in the NFL.

Huge difference though between an injured player whose adrenaline is pumping at the end of a game gutting it out and finishing strong and starting a clearly injured player. Also the swelling and soreness usually gets worse in the days/weeks following the game and injury.

Huge difference though between an injured player whose adrenaline is pumping at the end of a game gutting it out and finishing strong and starting a clearly injured player. Also the swelling and soreness usually gets worse in the days/weeks following the game and injury.

I'm not a doctor, I just commented on a comment.

I would think that adrenaline will be pumping pretty well for all of the players on Sunday. Playing at home, undefeated opponent etc. He practiced some today let's allow this to play out.

ummm. no knock on tyrod but

not sure

whom ever takes the snap is fine by me.

The throwing over the middle thing is more likely a height issue and why Bills want to move the pocket.

That is a way to resolve the issue if Bills were a bit better with it by now.

Tyrod saved the game with his balls, Well done!! but he needs a breather

We have not taken advantage of those wonderful slant and crossing routes, that would be appropriate for the playmakers Whaley has brought in.

I'm not a doctor, I just commented on a comment.

I would think that adrenaline will be pumping pretty well for all of the players on Sunday. Playing at home, undefeated opponent etc. He practiced some today let's allow this to play out.

dress him as a threat. and maybe get him in on a play or 6

No, No, No. I think if both Tyrod and EJ are 100% healthy, 95% of this board would pick Tyrod as their starter. HE has just as strong of an arm, nice touch on the long ball, leadership and his wheels are a huge weapon.

I think Tyrod is a little worried about EJ playing this week. So much so that he's trying to play injured.

Hey if EJ starts and plays lights out, it would be hard to take him out. I said in preseason, it sucks that we don't have a "franchise" QB, but on the flip side it's nice that if one of our QBs gets hurt, the backup can come in and do just as good or better....