Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - all this national noise I've seen about Tyrod not playing has been speculation - nothing actually solid - am I missing something?

Rex acknowledged the injuries and that it is a sprained MCL. Typically QBs miss time. Sometimes they can play through it. Most do not. The national media has been pretty accurate saying what the the injury was, projected missed time, and the EJ is prepping to start. Rex has been careful not to confirm anything yet as they want to see how he practices but EJ taking majority of reps.

Rex acknowledged the injuries and that it is a sprained MCL. Typically QBs miss time. Sometimes they can play through it. Most do not. The national media has been pretty accurate saying what the the injury was, projected missed time, and the EJ is prepping to start. Rex has been careful not to confirm anything yet as they want to see how he practices but EJ taking majority of reps.

There are degrees of MCL sprains, and many of the reports assumed it was a grade 2 or grade 3 sprain when it seems to be a mild grade one sprain. A grade one sprain is 1-2 weeks, not "multiple" games and a "bad injury" as reported. Bottom line, I disagree, the reporting on this has been horrible.

There are degrees of MCL sprains, and many of the reports assumed it was a grade 2 or grade 3 sprain when it seems to be a mild grade one sprain. A grade one sprain is 1-2 weeks, not "multiple" games and a "bad injury" as reported. Bottom line, I disagree, the reporting on this has been horrible.

i think multiple = more than one, so didn't have an issue with that part, saying it could be multiple. . The ortho said grade 1/2 so more like a mild 2 than mild 1. Edited by YoloinOhio

Twitter was made for this kind of "news".

Cinncy needs to game plan for two different QBs - maybe even try to film of Johnson.

But I think Tyrod, Sammy, Shady and Karlos play and beat the Bengals Sunday. Hell, even Aaron will be there. #ultimatesmokescreen

i don't think either aaron or shady will be active.

:lol: It will be funny if we had all this drama and Taylor started anyway.

I will not be surprised at all if Taylor starts...nor will I be surprised if EJ plays a significant portion of the game (because Taylor's knee injury is aggravated).

Bottom line -- get them both ready to beat the damn Bungles.