Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

All I can say is THANK GOD the Bills already dumped Cassel so EJ gets the start if necessary. I like Tyrod over EJ, but I like slow death over Cassel, ok maybe I like them the same as those are the same things. Cassel is a check-down gutless joke. I can't wait for him to start AND FAIL in Dallas so all the carping by national media about the "risk" of trading him away vanishes once and for all. EJ has good an bad moments, while Cassel's last good moment is from before EJ entered the NFL.

Cassel may actually do very well in Dallas. They have one hell of an OL.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes. Well I hope EJ can pull it off. At least there havent been reports of an MCL tear because that would be bad. I'm hoping for just a sore knee. I dont want him to become another RG3 (or EJ Manuel circa 2014)... Also, I'm hoping the fact that he still looked explosive to some degree at the end of the game is an indication that he's alright. If anything, we gotta just hope that this is a cautionary move on the part of Rex.

@ProFootballDoc: By video injury analysis, @TyrodTaylor will definitely be back by Week 9 from MCL (with a chance for Week 7). @buffalobills have Week 8 bye.

Former NFL head team physician 17+years sideline experience. OrthopedicSurgeon-Real time injury info @SiriusXMSports Medical Analyst MondayMorningMD @NFpost

Edited by YoloinOhio

@CoreyGriffinNBC

FWIW @ChrisTrapasso has been bullish on EJ's progress since training camp. Now we all get to see.

@ChrisTrapasso

Chris Trapasso Retweeted Corey Griffin

Yep. Beyond that, I've thought #Bills should "see what they have" with former RD1er who has only played 13.5 games.

@JohnMurphyShow

We'll talk with new #Bills QB Josh Johnson tonight at 730pm on the show

@Edwerderespn

Not all with #Bills wanted to trade Matt Cassel. So if he weren't starting for #Cowboys next week, he might have been starting for #Bills.

No one is being a tool (it's kind of a fun discussion), but I've gotta tell you guys: I'm right about this.

The rule: "No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground."

This should be read as follows: "No one shall act on A of B or B.1 or B.2 or B.3, and commit C."

The meanings of B, B.1, B.2, and B.3 are fully dependent on A, meaning that they are subsidiary qualifying functions of A, which governs the contextual meanings of each. And the series of "ors" equalizes B, B.1, B.2, and B.3 relative to A, which controls.

To simplify: if you delete B.1, B.2, and B.3, you end up with "No one shall act on A of B and commit C" -- i.e., "No one shall grab the inside collar of the back [elements], and pull the runner to the ground." "And pull the runner to the ground" is a dependent clause with a coordinating conjunction ("and"), so the sentence reduced to its most basic logic reads as follows: "No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or side [elements] ... and pull the runner to the ground." To assume that the second clause isn't dependent on the first one, you'd have to assume that the meaning is this: "No player shall shall grab the inside collar, and [separately] no player shall pull the runner to the ground."

The bottom line: it's a badly written rule given the stated concern about knee buckling, but it is what it is. A lot of laws are badly written, so this is hardly unique.

Alright. I'm done.

The rule needs to be updated for the current state of equipment and re-written to include the area above the numbers as part of the collar.

What has changed since the rule first came into play is that now players have gloves that can latch onto a missile in mid-flight.

You never used to see players tackled by one handed grabs of the back of the jersey and grasping the jersey high is what creates the leverage to do the damage that is intended to be avoided by the horse collar rule.

Hence, the difference between the Bradham tackle.....mid jersey......and the Brown tackle....above the numbers.

Lol.

Was just thinking that. Not the smartest play call considering the circumstances.

Sure fooled the defense though.

He wasn't even good enough to be activated for a couple games. What you are saying is preposterous.

Check for yourself. Wouldn't lie about that.

I did... how fast this board would pull out the stake and rope if he doesnt lick his fingers before the first snap. As bad as i hate to admit it... I dont think there is ANYTHING that kid can do to not get crucified

Yes he can!! He can win against the Bengals, but then again the GR boys are brutal!!

He wasn't even good enough to be activated for a couple games. What you are saying is preposterous.

Yet, he was good enough to cut "the great" Matt Cassel!!

It stinks that TT got injured. Hopefully he can come back after this week, but if he is out a few weeks, the best case scenario is that there is a QB controversy because that means EJ played really well and likely led the team to wins. It is never a bad thing to have two QB's who you can win with.

Let's go EJ! Get healthy soon TT!

This could be an advantage for Rex. If Manuel can keep it together for a game or two.

TT gets to sit and catch his breath. I bet that's a good thing right now. Its not a QB competition. its a team game.

Go Bills

if EJ plays the way he did in the preseason then we still have a chance. if he reverts back to last year with control issues and hanging on to the ball too long then we might as well not even show up to the game. hopefully the defense can bail us out but I think Cinci will win by 1 AJ Green TD. we won't be able to score enough points unfortunately

Go Bills !

Is it? :w00t:

Cassel no longer works for the Bills.

and Rex has put EJ in twice. Once because he had to though...