Tyrod's limited throwing arsenal

#34fan

The hypocrisy of these guys who are saying to give Tyrod time, when they brought out the pitchforks immediately with the last guy. We're all messed up as a fan base because we don't know what it's like to groom a QB and make them great. After sitting on the bench for a few years, Aaron Rogers went 2-3 to start his first season and I'm sure there's some crazies who wanted to move on.

I genuinely want to give Tyrod a full season and he wasn't my favorite out of the preseason. You can't just quit on your quarterback.

You have to expect some ups and downs while allowing him to grow into the position. Meanwhile there are other causes for concern with the team that have to be corrected.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's had two strong games against Indy and Miami with long stretches of ineffective play against New England and now the NYG. Not exactly a surprise for an inexperienced QB. I hope he continues to get better with more consistency beginning this week against the Titans.

So another "good" week with an inexperienced QB with the Titans. Welcome to the NFL Marcus.

or will MM upset TT?

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

I'm with the OP 100%. TT taking far too long with his progressions and getting rid of the football. You absolutely 100% CANNOT throw a 2 yard slant into man coverage on 3rd and 4. Yet, that's what we saw yesterday. 3rd and 10? 8 yard pass to Clay. 3rd and 3? 2 yard pass to clay. 3rd and 6? 4 yard pass to Hogan. I'm not sure if it's all lazy progressions, but receivers shouldn't even be running short routes on these plays. Terrible.

I'm a big Tyrod fan but he had a bad first half and only got into a groove in the 2nd half.

Here is what I noticed: in the first half he was aiming the ball and throwing softly and deliberately. He started gunning it more in the 2nd half.

He is also most definitely locking on targets from the moment he drops back until he throws the ball much of the time.

As bad the cameras are in these games, that's one thing you can follow. Watch his head. It doesn't change angle too often. He is looking at one guy down field, waiting for the moment to throw, then throwing.

He under threw the ball badly on deep balls several times and threw the ball a couple yards out of bounds on deep sideline routes several times as well.

These are all typical EJ criticisms.

I think Tyrod should continue to start and it is the right decision to make him the starter, and he is still learning.

But he has a way to go.

The hypocrisy of these guys who are saying to give Tyrod time, when they brought out the pitchforks immediately with the last guy. We're all messed up as a fan base because we don't know what it's like to groom a QB and make them great. After sitting on the bench for a few years, Aaron Rogers went 2-3 to start his first season and I'm sure there's some crazies who wanted to move on.

I genuinely want to give Tyrod a full season and he wasn't my favorite out of the preseason. You can't just quit on your quarterback.

You have to expect some ups and downs while allowing him to grow into the position. Meanwhile there are other causes for concern with the team that have to be corrected.

I think the point is that some of the TT fanbase is willing to allow him to make mistakes when they are/were unwilling to give the former (at the time) rookie starter little allowance in his learning curve.

I agree 100% and we may know sooner than a full season if it goes fully south, but I don't think that it will. Tyrod has some causes for concern and of course he's not the guy that everyone prematurely anointed him to be.

I agree 100% and we may know sooner than a full season if it goes fully south, but I don't think that it will. Tyrod has some causes for concern and of course he's not the guy that everyone prematurely anointed him to be.

So no contract extension yet? :rolleyes:

Tyrod was playing without Sammy and Shady. I think that had an impact. But it is clear that Tyrod still needs to add more polish to his game, still optimistic about his development but the offense needs to function better and he is a part of it.

Tyrod Taylorski?

Just to be clear (if intended for me) I am not saying give him time because it is too soon to tell. I am saying give him time because he is playing at a level that we haven't seen in 15 years. It has nothing to do with how many starts a guy has and everything to do with how a guy played in those starts. Tyrod isn't perfect and has had some struggles but as of today he is probably the offensive MVP (maybe Clay).

Just to be clear (if intended for me) I am not saying give him time because it is too soon to tell. I am saying give him time because he is playing at a level that we haven't seen in 15 years. It has nothing to do with how many starts a guy has and everything to do with how a guy played in those starts. Tyrod isn't perfect and has had some struggles but as of today he is probably the offensive MVP (maybe Clay).

id probably temper it a little bit, i think hes been good but not GREAT.... but it was his 4th start and even the savvy vets arent crushing 100% of their games. have to keep reasonable expectations, and that includes some days being simply ok (or heaven forbid a bad one here and there)

I was a fan of giving EJ time, and even preferred him heading into this season.

I'm a fan of giving Tyrod time, and would like to see us stick with him for at least a season, if not two, to see what he does.

It's difficult to develop if there's no stability, imo.

I do agree about Ritchie, but Glenn plays a more important role protecting he edge in the passing game. But i will agree with you on most talented right now being Ritchie on the OL...should have said most important to TT on the OL.

you guys do know that Miller, our starting RG was out and Urbik played for him , right?

Taylor, in 1st 4 starts of career has QBR of 104 and completed 72% of his passes. Name me another QB that did that in 1st 4 starts.....

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

Repeat after me: "4th game starting. 4th game starting. 4th game starting. 4th game starting."

Please, let's be rational. He's also made some great throws, and had very good games. I know we are fans and can only think about the last game, but let's get real.

He wasn't good at all yesterday. It's far too premature to make any declarations one way or the other.

I don't know if I've seen you make a comment this far off the mark before.

you guys do know that Miller, our starting RG was out and Urbik played for him , right?

Taylor, in 1st 4 starts of career has QBR of 104 and completed 72% of his passes. Name me another QB that did that in 1st 4 starts.....

Huh? Why are you telling me that? I've been saying the same things all day and been supporting Taylor.

What about yesterday's QB play felt like it was any different than the last 15 years? Give him time, yes -- but don't anoint him. Tyrod has the team exactly where they were at this point last year. Hopefully, if allowed to grow, we will see the team improve.