Tyrod's limited throwing arsenal

#34fan

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

Really? I saw a young QB who's best talent is his athleticism play through an ankle injury. I saw WR's not running routes past the first down marker. I saw receivers struggling to get open with no Sammy on the field. I saw a young QB making his 4th start battle back in the second half. I saw receivers dropping passes and fumbling. I saw an OL struggle. I saw a young QB have 2 fantastic TD's taken away from him by bad calls from the refs today.

I also saw a QB who was missing his best OL, best RB, and best WR keep fighting all day.

To dump on this kid right now is just insane.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I saw a young QB who's best talent is his athleticism play through an ankle injury. I saw WR's not running routes past the first down marker. I saw receivers struggling to get open with no Sammy on the field. I saw a young QB making his 4th start battle back in the second half. I saw receivers dropping passes and fumbling. I saw an OL struggle. I saw a young QB have 2 fantastic TD's taken away from him by bad calls from the refs today.

I also saw a QB who was missing his best OL, best RB, and best WR keep fighting all day.

Richie was there.

Otherwise, I agree.

Richie was there.

Otherwise, I agree.

I do agree about Ritchie, but Glenn plays a more important role protecting he edge in the passing game. But i will agree with you on most talented right now being Ritchie on the OL...should have said most important to TT on the OL.

Tyrod needs to decide if he truly believes in himself the next few games. What I mean by that is that he already knows that teams are going to try to keep him in the pocket and force him to beat them with his arm within that pocket. It's worked for opposing defenses two out of the first four games. So Tyrod needs to decide that he's not going to let the defense dictate to him, that he will use his talents of being elusive to break contain and he will make his "money" plays passing and running outside of the tackles. This is what Russell Wilson did. If Tyrod continues to let defenses crowd the line, block his view and keep him in the pocket then the Bills will not even get to 9-7 IMO. Taylor is just not a traditional pocket passer and it's becoming clear that he can't see the field very well when there are a bunch of bodies crowded in front of him. Taylor may love watching Aaron Rogers and his playing style, but he needs to watch and mimic Russell Wilson's playing style more. IMO the blame for this loss was on equal parts coaching, defense, O line and QB. I'm still rooting for Tyrod to get it together and solidify the position even though I was an EJ supporter. I think he can do it given his production and glowing stats, but he needs to stop wasting first halves of games trying to be somebody he's not.

You watched the game. Some people aren't as good at processing what they are seeing. Tyrod was one of the bright spots once they let him throw more. Way too conservative playcalling to start.

In fact, he is one of the main reasons I am not too down.

I really didn't see an issue with Taylor today other than the checkdowns in the first half. But I have no idea if the WRs past the sticks were open on those plays. And I'm guessing TT is getting a bit spooked by the horrid blocking he's getting up front, starting with the center position. The Giants' d-line is in shambles - they lined up a bunch of practice squad players and pinned our ears back. It's sickening.

Tyrod needs to decide if he truly believes in himself the next few games. What I mean by that is that he already knows that teams are going to try to keep him in the pocket and force him to beat them with his arm within that pocket. It's worked for opposing defenses two out of the first four games. So Tyrod needs to decide that he's not going to let the defense dictate to him, that he will use his talents of being elusive to break contain and he will make his "money" plays passing and running outside of the tackles. This is what Russell Wilson did. If Tyrod continues to let defenses crowd the line, block his view and keep him in the pocket then the Bills will not even get to 9-7 IMO. Taylor is just not a traditional pocket passer and it's becoming clear that he can't see the field very well when there are a bunch of bodies crowded in front of him. Taylor may love watching Aaron Rogers and his playing style, but he needs to watch and mimic Russell Wilson's playing style more. IMO the blame for this loss was on equal parts coaching, defense, O line and QB. I'm still rooting for Tyrod to get it together and solidify the position even though I was an EJ supporter. I think he can do it given his production and glowing stats, but he needs to stop wasting first halves of games trying to be somebody he's not.

TT had no help today. Guys ran routes short of first down marked...recievers didn't fight for the ball...guys dropped passes...Woods fumbled...OL made tons of bad penalties...refs screwed him at least 3 times with flags and another 2 or 3 times by not throwing a flag on late hits or PI.

And he was missing his LT, RB, and WR while battling an ankle injury. This kid responded great in the 2nd half, the team around him failed. His TD run was amazing...brought back by holding (even though I feel the call was BS). He made a great throw for a TD...again negated by a penalty that was total BS.

I am very happy with TT up to this point. I mean he came into this game with a 33.3 pts per game average. He has made throws all over the field. He throws a great deep ball. He had a great comp % coming into today. This kid has shown he can make all the throws and be dangerous running.

I like EJ too...but I will be PISSED if there was a switch made right now.

Or get him in more than one at a time, so they can quickly sequence? Something.....

Coupled with others noting that he's not given freedom to check out of stuff at the line (true?) - it seems there's not trust

I know people will call me a Pats fan, but the quote from Brady about never running a play against an unfavorable defense really stood out to me. YOu just can't waste plays in close games. There are too many instances where Tyrod just runs a play where it's obvious that the defense has the advantage.

I don't know if he doesn't see it, or doesn't have the freedom to change the play.

Or get him in more than one at a time, so they can quickly sequence? Something.....

Coupled with others noting that he's not given freedom to check out of stuff at the line (true?) - it seems there's not trust

Or Roman is a control freak with the offense, not a clue.

There is no place for voices of reason here after a loss, AD. I commend your effort, though. Please re-post Wednesday, when most people are back among the living.

TT had no help today. Guys ran routes short of first down marked...recievers didn't fight for the ball...guys dropped passes...Woods fumbled...OL made tons of bad penalties...refs screwed him at least 3 times with flags and another 2 or 3 times by not throwing a flag on late hits or PI.

And he was missing his LT, RB, and WR while battling an ankle injury. This kid responded great in the 2nd half, the team around him failed. His TD run was amazing...brought back by holding (even though I feel the call was BS). He made a great throw for a TD...again negated by a penalty that was total BS.

I am very happy with TT up to this point. I mean he came into this game with a 33.3 pts per game average. He has made throws all over the field. He throws a great deep ball. He had a great comp % coming into today. This kid has shown he can make all the throws and be dangerous running.

I like EJ too...but I will be PISSED if there was a switch made right now.

I don't think anyone's advocating for a switch at QB. If it's midseason and Taylor's simply not able to have that consistent success after the "blueprint" to beat him was made by the Pats and Giants in the coming games and also if Manuel is looking great in practice then and only then does a switch become a real option. I do think Taylor has shown too much not to give him at least 8 games now. However, I would hope that Rex isn't stubborn enough to stay with Taylor if he looks to have lost the early season "magic" for a long stretch of games. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I like Taylor, I just want him to do what he does best. I really do think he can be a franchise QB like Wilson.

Edited by 1billsfan

No.. For an NFL starter it should be expected... once you're wearing that mantle you're the leader of the offense. -Period.

It's your'e job to make it work, OR be the stand-in for someone who can... I'm not impressed with Roman... But Tyrod waited too late (yet again) to try and affect the outcome of this game... with his "athleticism"....

In so doing, he may have provided the blueprint on how to contain him for the TEN defense next week... This "kid" you describe is no rookie.... He's had two years of grooming behind a superbowl-winning, prolific passer named Joe Flacco... After benching one starter, and dispatching another potential one, I expect better play from someone like that...

Waiting to see how our VETERAN "kid' stacks up vs. a REAL "kid" next week ...

Edited by #34fan

My biggest question mark is how often we saw him standing, looking to the sideline, waiting for a play in hurry up situations.

Something wasn't running right between Roman and TT today. Not sure the root cause but there were problems

noticed this too. Every time these guys convince us they've figured it out they remind us.... Nope

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

67% completion percentage.

1 TD.

1 TD throwing off the board with a dumb call.

1 rushing TD off the board with a dumb call.

1 "int" that was a strip from a WR.

His star WR and RB were out, as were 2 (and later 3) of his lineman.

How could you find fault with TT today?

Edited by Observer

My only issue is that he abandons the middle of the field too quickly. He won't look to the skinny or deep post, when it seems like it's there.

It's a scary throw... Tyrod shies awy becasue he doesn't think he'll make it... he's got to stand tall in the pocket and FIT THAT IN... Which is exactly what he won't do.

67% completion percentage.

1 TD.

1 TD throwing off the board with a dumb call.

1 rushing TD off the board with a dumb call.

1 "int" that was a strip from a WR.

His star WR and RB were out, as were 2 (and later 3) of his lineman.

How could you find fault with TT today?

I agree. I feel like I'm in bizarro world reading this thread. Make a tackle when you have a guy dead to rights (see Bradham, Nigel), don't take 17 penalties, make an easy field goal, etc., and this game could easily have turned out differently. Tyrod had a good chance to be the hero at the end of this one, but a catastrophic trail of errors and mental mistakes made the difference. He wasn't sharp early but got it going in plenty of time to win this one.