Tyrod's limited throwing arsenal

#34fan

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he threw some nice balls all over the field. My issues were the playcalls and the receivers either not running their routes to the sticks or being able to get to the sticks on 3rd down. Defenses scheme to contain guys like him. When there was a hole and room to run, he broke free for that big TD that was sadly called back.

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Yet pro qbs are not making as evidenced by TT's stats so far this year.

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

IMO TT is trying to keep a calm team......they are already taking a ton of penalties as it is.

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

I think TT is injured and playing through it.....but I agree that Roman is not doing enough to utilize him without doing QB keepers.....

My biggest question mark is how often we saw him standing, looking to the sideline, waiting for a play in hurry up situations.

Something wasn't running right between Roman and TT today. Not sure the root cause but there were problems

I have to disagree a bit with you. While I'm not as sold on Tyrod as others on here, I do think he can show nice touch on some of his balls, and honestly, I think that when he finally does throw it, he throws it as decisively as I could hope for. Maybe because he's newly annointed to the starting QB position, he has yet to really become a vocal, take-charge type leader just yet, but perhaps that will happen with time.

I do agree that late in the 4th quarter, I did not see any real urgency in getting back to the LOS, especially when good clock management was absolutely vital, but I don't know if I'd pin that on Tyrod as much as the coaching staff...

While I didn't think he was impressive today, I don't think that too much blame can be pinned on him for today's loss. I still have hope he's our guy of the future...

His acccuracy was very off today in the 1st half. The Giants LB made a great play but the throw could have been a lot better. At least three times he threw the ball short of the sticks on 3rd down.

I hope that with experience, he can audible to the awful playcalling in the redzone, though he had Felton all alone in the endzone when he threw it to Karlos on 4th down.

Edited by Fixxxer

Yet pro qbs are not making as evidenced by TT's stats so far this year.

IMO TT is trying to keep a calm team......they are already taking a ton of penalties as it is.

I think TT is injured and playing through it.....but I agree that Roman is not doing enough to utilize him without doing QB keepers.....

Calm is not a motivator... There's a time for calm, and it's not when you need to pickup a 3rd and 5.... Also, if he's injured, what kind of injury is it??? He may not the best QB option if that's true.. Tyrod got just one first down the entire first half!... i can't put that entirely on Roman even if i wanted to.

Take away two best players and one decent lineman and see what any QB would do.

He is not the reason they lost.

The only think that bothered me was looking to the sideline for 2 minute drill calls. That was sad. He just needs to call a play and go. That is bad coaching. Even after the play was called still took too long to snap the ball. Lost 2-3 seconds per snap. That needs to get better.

FRANCHISE QB's will have quarters and even halfs where they are not pin point on their accuracy.......I see nothing from TT to make me think he cannot make every throw on the route tree

Calm is not a motivator... There's a time for calm, and it's not when you need to pickup a 3rd and 5.... Also, if he's injured, what kind of injury is it??? He may not the best QB option if that's true.. Tyrod got just one first down the entire first half!... i can't put that entirely on Roman even if i wanted to.

You dont have to put it completely on Roman you can put it on

- The OL not run blocking to control the the game

- Receivers not making plays on balls that hit them in the hands

- And yes...Tyrod struggled a bit

BUT

ALL QBS struggle.......TT did not struggle for the whole game......14 POINTS taken off the board for what are very questionable calls

He was terrible on deep balls today. He underthrew Harvin on the play where the Giants were called for PI. It should have been a TD. Another deep throw to Harvin was out of bounds. Not a great day by Tyrod. Here's to a better performance by him and the entire team next week.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He was terrible on deep balls today. He underthrew Harvin on the play where the Giants were called for PI. It should have been a TD. Another deep throw to Harvin was out of bounds. No a great day by Tyrod. Here's to a better performance by him and the entire team next week.

Frankly he didnt throw very many deep balls today

He was terrible on deep balls today. He underthrew Harvin on the play where the Giants were called for PI. It should have been a TD. Another deep throw to Harvin was out of bounds. No a great day by Tyrod. Here's to a better performance by him and the entire team next week.

Agreed. Those two in particular were head-scratchers. He puts those two on the money and both of them are TD's.

FRANCHISE QB's will have quarters and even halfs where they are not pin point on their accuracy.......I see nothing from TT to make me think he cannot make every throw on the route tree

You dont have to put it completely on Roman you can put it on

- The OL not run blocking to control the the game

- Receivers not making plays on balls that hit them in the hands

- And yes...Tyrod struggled a bit

BUT

ALL QBS struggle.......TT did not struggle for the whole game......14 POINTS taken off the board for what are very questionable calls

I disagree... He struggled from the first snap until the 4th quarter... He seemed very confused at times, and held onto the ball too long... To be fair, That could have been the plays taking too long too develop... But wouldn't you make an adjustment at halftime for that???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we didn't nake our first trip to the RZ until the third Quarter... That's struggling any way you want to slice it.

how many drops today??

Two bad ones by Clay.

My biggest question mark is how often we saw him standing, looking to the sideline, waiting for a play in hurry up situations.

Something wasn't running right between Roman and TT today. Not sure the root cause but there were problems

He needs to be able to call his own plays in a 2 minute drill. That stood out to me as well.

Tyrod needs to get better.

Robert Woods isn't that good (not even as good as Hogan).

Percy Harvin is not a guy that should have short routes over the middle.

The Bills need another RB with speed while McCoy is out. Is Bryce Brown available?

Interteresting take on Woods. Hogan is better? How?

Tyrod can make the throws, but he needs help from the other 10 guys out there executing their jobs too.

he didn't get that today. And the game plan sucked. IMO

He needs to be able to call his own plays in a 2 minute drill. That stood out to me as well.

Or get him in more than one at a time, so they can quickly sequence? Something.....

Coupled with others noting that he's not given freedom to check out of stuff at the line (true?) - it seems there's not trust

Interteresting take on Woods. Hogan is better? How?

Tyrod can make the throws, but he needs help from the other 10 guys out there executing their jobs too.

he didn't get that today. And the game plan sucked. IMO

Hogan gets open, and catches the ball. Woods rarely does that.