Tyrod's limited throwing arsenal

#34fan

For those who love the QBR stat, Taylor's was a 16.for yesterday's game. Stop the lame excuses.

shhhh , don't say those things. Stats only count when they favor your beloved player.

:lol: you might want to read the post.

I did. I added on to that post, made an edit.

Funny thing is that the thread title "limited arsenal" is not mentioned in the post. (or did I miss that)

I wasn't being contrary to the OP, I was in "piling it on" so to speak.

There is a lot of blame to spread around. Where was the complete running game? The threat of T-Mobile and his feet?

Yes, it is nice to see him step up into the pocket, but he needs to run if necessary.

I will say it again, this is just like the RGII issue where you take the running QB and put him into a "pocket" passing game that is not his strong suit.

The guy is on pace for 32 Tds passing 16 int and just under 4000 yards, plus 4tds and over 400 yards rushing for the season. Seems pretty obvious that hes out performing expectations while the Cold Front and Rex have been under performing.

another good one "he's on pace".. What is his pace after yesterdays game?

Seriously, 3 & 4 games in and people are falling for the BS statistics.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that effected by the 2 TD's that got pulled off the board?

The irony is that the QBR stat is influenced by when plays are made and the score of the game. 2 2nd half TDs that would have potentially tied the game would have had the QBR skyrocket. With those TDs you would have been looking at a QBR in the 60's.

This conversation continues to baffle me. The Bills are getting WITHOUT QUESTION the best QB play that they have gotten in over a decade. The QB play has been a strength of this team. Taylor has played above a level where even the most optimistic of us would have envisioned. If you watched that game yesterday and left thinking that the QB play was the reason for the loss I question which game you were watching. The play calling in the 1st half was an abomination. They had 17 penalties accepted. The ST stink and the OL couldn't open any holes. Tyrod's play in the 2nd half gave the team a chance despite all of that. Not surprisingly penalties, play calling in the red zone and the poor ST play ended up costing the Bills.

W/O question? 4 whole games does not make a season. 2 good, one mediocre and arguable one poor game yesterday does not make a champion.

The irony is that the QBR stat is influenced by when plays are made and the score of the game. 2 2nd half TDs that would have potentially tied the game would have had the QBR skyrocket. With those TDs you would have been looking at a QBR in the 60's.

hahahahahahahahahahaha you funny.

so do the other players help him or hinder him. pick one please.

The Giants were clearly the better team.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

W/O question? 4 whole games does not make a season. 2 good, one mediocre and arguable one poor game yesterday does not make a champion.

Yes, without question. 4,000 yards, 32 TDs and 16 INTs would be by far the best QB play that we have had. If they didn't take those 2 TDs off the board with the undisciplined play that is a staple of Rex's teams we would be calling yesterday's performance from TT another really good one despite the 1st half play calling. He has been a strength of this team not a liability.

hahahahahahahahahahaha you funny.

so do the other players help him or hinder him. pick one please.

The Giants were clearly the better team.

You are the on using the QBR stat!! I am simply explaining how it works. It is based on WHEN plays are made. The 2 TDs that came off the board for stupid penalties are why the QBR wasn't in the 60's.

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

In the 2 wins he was great...in the 2 losses he's terrible? It's amazing how people around here react week to week.

The throw was late but it showed that R.Woods has below average speed for a WR in the NFL and Landon Collins can close. Not on Taylor.

Maybe if Taylor threw the ball earlier and woods could have gotten his head turned to the end zone sooner. He didnt have the ball coming his way until after the defense made a read and knew where the ball was going

I'm pretty much done with this conversation. The same people that wanted someone else to play QB are grasping at straws to try to place blame where it is least deserved. They will immediately ask why I am bringing up someone else like we are all too stupid to recognize who the people are criticizing. We know where you guys stood on the QB competition and it turns out that the coaching staff was right. Let it go. The level of QB play that the Bills have gotten has exceeded all of our expectations.

In the 2 wins he was great...in the 2 losses he's terrible? It's amazing how people around here react week to week.

Very true. I'm supporting the TT movement. but I believe the overreaction is to how good TT actually is.

We need a deep ball to soften up teams stacking the box. I have been saying this for years. 2 - 3 deep balls a game isn't going to cut it.

Tyrod struggled at times yesterday, but also had two really good plays for TDs called back due to boneheaded penalties. He's still slightly above average on the season, which I'll take for only being 4 games into his starting experience.

We need better blocking, better running, and less penalties, as well as seeing a bit more consistency from Tyrod.

I'm pretty much done with this conversation. The same people that wanted someone else to play QB are grasping at straws to try to place blame where it is least deserved. They will immediately ask why I am bringing up someone else like we are all too stupid to recognize who the people are criticizing. We know where you guys stood on the QB competition and it turns out that the coaching staff was right. Let it go. The level of QB play that the Bills have gotten has exceeded all of our expectations.

WRT my comments, they have got nothing to do with "wanting another QB to play".

I have been preaching caution for 4 weeks. Don't get carried away with praise and misleading stats. The only stat than matters is W & L's.

The eye test showed a poor outing for the homer team.

Tyrod struggled at times yesterday, but also had two really good plays for TDs called back due to boneheaded penalties. He's still slightly above average on the season, which I'll take for only being 4 games into his starting experience.

We need better blocking, better running, and less penalties, as well as seeing a bit more consistency from Tyrod.

Where have I heard this before?????

Lets hope the Bills get their collective chit together and eliminate the penalties this upcoming game.

He's had two strong games against Indy and Miami with long stretches of ineffective play against New England and now the NYG. Not exactly a surprise for an inexperienced QB. I hope he continues to get better with more consistency beginning this week against the Titans.

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

You obviously are not watching the same QB as most other people. Every one of the "experts" on all of the networks are praising his play. I commented at least three times yesterday on what a nice ball he throws. He was not the reason the Bills got beat yesterday. His play was pretty consistent with the way he's played all year. The defense was shredded by the Giants game plan and never adjusted. They were undisciplined and looked completely overmatched. Taylor was one of the few bright spots yesterday and he's the guy you are questioning? Makes no sense.

Yes, without question. 4,000 yards, 32 TDs and 16 INTs would be by far the best QB play that we have had. If they didn't take those 2 TDs off the board with the undisciplined play that is a staple of Rex's teams we would be calling yesterday's performance from TT another really good one despite the 1st half play calling. He has been a strength of this team not a liability.

You are the on using the QBR stat!! I am simply explaining how it works. It is based on WHEN plays are made. The 2 TDs that came off the board for stupid penalties are why the QBR wasn't in the 60's.

When he meets these expectations ping me and we can discuss how wrong I was or how you expected too much.

I will gladly admit I am/was/will be wrong.

its a WTF Monday with page refreshing today.

Might be the work server.

The hypocrisy of these guys who are saying to give Tyrod time, when they brought out the pitchforks immediately with the last guy. We're all messed up as a fan base because we don't know what it's like to groom a QB and make them great. After sitting on the bench for a few years, Aaron Rogers went 2-3 to start his first season and I'm sure there's some crazies who wanted to move on.

I genuinely want to give Tyrod a full season and he wasn't my favorite out of the preseason. You can't just quit on your quarterback.