Tyrod's limited throwing arsenal

#34fan

In the 2 wins he was great...in the 2 losses he's terrible? It's amazing how people around here react week to week.

-_- Oh, I went after him for the fins game too... He left alot of plays on the field, I thought.... The fish are terrible so he looked great at the time.... But pit him (and Roman) against a two-time SB winning coach/QB... Well...You see what happens...

Good QB's grab 1st downs whenever possible.... They realize the critical importance of moving the chains... Russell Wilson won an NFC Championship with one of the highest "yards lost per sack" stats in the league... He did it despite losing his pro bowl center, and with no-name, bottom-shelf receivers... He also didn't get to "groom" behind a multi-ringed, perennial pro-bowler like Flacco...

Tyrod isn't making the most of his opportunity... I don't see all the throws, and I don't see all the qualities it takes to lead a team to the playoffs.... He's an EXCELLENT backup, and a very good placeholder for the next guy... However, that's it... Excuses won't win us a damn thing.

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-_- Oh, I went after him for the fins game too... He left alot of plays on the field, I thought.... The fish are terrible so he looked great at the time.... But pit him (and Roman) against a two-time SB winning coach/QB... Well...You see what happens...

Good QB's grab 1st downs whenever possible.... They realize the critical importance of moving the chains... Russell Wilson won an NFC Championship with one of the highest "yards lost per sack" stats in the league... He did it despite losing his pro bowl center, and with no-name, bottom-shelf receivers... He also didn't get to "groom" behind a multi-ringed, perennial pro-bowler like Flacco...

Tyrod isn't making the most of his opportunity... I don't see all the throws, and I don't see all the qualities it takes to lead a team to the playoffs.... He's an EXCELLENT backup, and a very good placeholder for the next guy... However, that's it... Excuses won't win us a damn thing.

+1

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

I agree.

When he does well against a decent team, I'll start to believe in him. He's been horrible in our losses.

I haven't seen a QB evaluation this bad and so off the mark since people were trying to prove to me Trent was good when in reality he was awful.

What about yesterday's QB play felt like it was any different than the last 15 years? Give him time, yes -- but don't anoint him. Tyrod has the team exactly where they were at this point last year. Hopefully, if allowed to grow, we will see the team improve.

The team's record is what it is. The defense and ST have regressed and they are playing without their top 2 offensive weapons. The QB play has been better this year than any year since Bledsoe. We are looking at 4,000 yards, 32 TDs and 16 INTs with a high completion percentage. He has a legit chance to break the single season TD record for the Bills, the highest single season completion percentage and the yardage record.

Again, I'm not saying that he has been perfect but he hasn't been bad by any stretch.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The team's record is what it is. The defense and ST have regressed and they are playing without their top 2 offensive weapons. The QB play has been better this year than any year since Bledsoe. We are looking at 4,000 yards, 32 TDs and 16 INTs with a high completion percentage. He has a legit chance to break the single season TD record for the Bills, the highest single season completion percentage and the yardage record.

Again, I'm not saying that he has been perfect but he hasn't been bad by any stretch.

If we can somehow play IND and MIA a few more times, maybe.

hmmm any thoughts on why thats the case....Wood .vs starters every week....hogan .vs #4 or #5 corner

If you feel Woods is better than Hogan, fine. Neither are very good. My real point is that Robert Woods isn't even a good #2. He is nothing special, yet some act like he is a strength of this team. Without Watkins he is invisible, he makes some dumb plays, and he pouts.

QBs dont go head to head

they don't? wow ya learn something new every day :beer:

I was trying to fine the right term this AM ... up set, up stage, out perform...

Tyrod is fine.

The offense stalled because of the poor running game, and poor drive starts.

Tyrod is easily the best thing to happen to this team in a decade.

the problem is, Franchise QB's need to overcome such obstacles.

imo

16. Now you're just making stuff up. His QBR was 82.8.

And his INT was not his fault. That was a damn good throw that got stripped out of the WR's hands. I'll ignore the two TDs he made where penalties did not affect the plays he made.

I bet you are looking at traditional qb rating, not the qbr stat

I bet you are looking at traditional qb rating, not the qbr stat

Correct. Jesus who even knows what either of those mean? I can't believe I'm arguing about the QBR or the traditional QB rating. Taylor was not the problem yesterday. Guy threw for 270 and 1TD without his star RB, star WR, and 3 of his offensive lineman. Had zero running game and some dumbasf$%^ play calls on the goal line by his OC.

And somehow he's getting thrown under the bus for yesterday's debacle?

When he threw the chop block TD pass, I said to the TV, Taylor is the only reason the Bills are even close to being in this game. And it was true...until the refs called back that TD.

Edited by Observer

they don't? wow ya learn something new every day :beer:

I was trying to fine the right term this AM ... up set, up stage, out perform...

the problem is, Franchise QB's need to overcome such obstacles.

imo

Yeah, but he wasn't repeatedly calling the running plays into the middle of the line. Roman didn't give Tyrod a chance to control the game, but instead insisted on using Karlos. I'm not gonna blame Tyrod for this one.

If you wanna label Tyrod a failure after a game without the 2 primary weapons playing, it's up to you.

That (called back) TD to Clay was a beautiful catch and throw......TT can deliver most throws imho. My fault with him is that, in the first half, he should have taken off a few times....but he is drilled, just like EJ was last year before he was benched, to throw and not run. He has to run some, especially when there is 25 yards up the sideline to be had. On the radio broadcast (yes, I still listen to the real time commentary when at the Ralph) Kelso even mentioned that Tyrod should have run a couple of times. Coaches need to teach judgement, not absolute rules. Fitz used to take off occasionally, and was usually effective. TT can be better by far at that than Fitz was.....he did do it in the second half....it was like the coaches turned that on for the second half.

Yeah, but he wasn't repeatedly calling the running plays into the middle of the line. Roman didn't give Tyrod a chance to control the game, but instead insisted on using Karlos. I'm not gonna blame Tyrod for this one.

If you wanna label Tyrod a failure after a game without the 2 primary weapons playing, it's up to you.

If tyrod hasn't earned the right to check out of plays would it change your opinion of the situation some? I think that's an interesting set of questions I'd like the media to dig around on some.

If tyrod hasn't earned the right to check out of plays would it change your opinion of the situation some? I think that's an interesting set of questions I'd like the media to dig around on some.

I guess, but I would want to know who and how, it was determined that he hasn't "earned" it. I'd also like to know what QB's Roman has worked with, that did "earn it".

Even if he has some power to change the play, I definitely think Roman should have figured out that running the ball up the middle wasn't working, and that he should stop calling those plays every first down, and beyond. That's on ROMAN for sure!

Edited by HoF Watkins

Correct. Jesus who even knows what either of those mean? I can't believe I'm arguing about the QBR or the traditional QB rating. Taylor was not the problem yesterday. Guy threw for 270 and 1TD without his star RB, star WR, and 3 of his offensive lineman. Had zero running game and some dumbasf$%^ play calls on the goal line by his OC.

And somehow he's getting thrown under the bus for yesterday's debacle?

When he threw the chop block TD pass, I said to the TV, Taylor is the only reason the Bills are even close to being in this game. And it was true...until the refs called back that TD.

He was also part of the problem why the offense was so ineffective into the 3rd quarter yesterday, much like in the Patriots game. He made bad reads/decisions, had hesitancy problems, and showed poor accuracy at times.

I guess, but I would want to know who and how, it was determined that he hasn't "earned" it. I'd also like to know what QB's Roman has worked with, that did "earn it".

Even if he has some power to change the play, I definitely think Roman should have figured out that running the ball up the middle wasn't working, and that he should stop calling those plays every first down, and beyond. That's on ROMAN for sure!

Yup. All fair questions. I only really noticed in the hurry up but I'm curious what the story is after hearing a few comments that he's given little freedom on checks.

Yup. All fair questions. I only really noticed in the hurry up but I'm curious what the story is after hearing a few comments that he's given little freedom on checks.

I sure hope he starts making pre-snap adjustments. I mentioned this elsewhere, and it's Brady-luv, but Brady mentioned that he never runs a play that is unfavorable to the offense. He doesn't waste plays. If the QB either can't, or isn't allowed to change the play, it's a severe limitation.