Tyrod's limited throwing arsenal

#34fan

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONE 1st down in the entire first half... On and off the field before you could blink sometimes OR long fruitless drives... Sure it's Roman... However, it'sTyrod too.... How we don't score on 3rd and goal with such a talented QB is inexcuseable...

Bad first half. Great second half. How they don't roll him out at the 2 is bad play calling. The screen to Williams on 4th down was flat awful.

Is someone serious about replacing Tyrod? Brady is under contract. As are the other Pro Bowl QB's. Nothing wrong with Tyrod (in particular), and a lot to like. Plenty wrong with a team that lacks leadership/discipline. This crap rolls up hill.

Jesus the starting RB averaged less than 3 yards per carry, the line was a hot mess, and he still threw for a TD, had 2 others called back on "penalties" that did not affect the plays, and completed nearly 70% of his passes. People wasting energy criticizing TT should be shot.

Oh yeah: His star WR and RB were out.

And his OC made some absurd play calls (a screen on 4th and goal from the 3 with a mobile QB??!? How do you not roll him out?)

Get a grip people. He played well. Not well enough to win but a darn good performance. I feel like you all need to go look at the history of QBs on this team since Kelly and you'll have a hard time finding a better 4 game stretch for any Bills QB in a long time.

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

Yes, he does look like a quarterback who's played in only a few NFL games and never previously started. But he still has shown a lot. So he shouldn't be playing and gaining experience? And who should he be backing up? Oh yes, another kid who's only played in a few NFL games. Don't put it on Taylor. Thus far he's more a victim of poor execution by team mates, penalties, and very erratic coaching.

Amen.

I'm more than happy with what I've seen from TT for his 1st 4 starts.

Yep. Other than his 2 quarter brick in the NE game, he's been fine. Gotta let him make his "mistakes" and learn as he goes. Today's loss underscored how much work the Bills have to do on the OL and how much work they have to do in playing smart.

This is a dumb team.

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

Typical Bills fan fail... 4 games in, none of which have been terrible by the QB all things considered, and who's first to get chucked under the bus but Tyrod. With today's game plan, god himself wouldn't have made much of a difference.

His deep ball sails on too much of an arc and tends to come down nose up. He is not accurate throwing the long ball.

He doesn't target receivers in the middle of the field.

There don't seem to be many slants but a ton of outs and digs.

He consistently checks down, even in situations when it makes no sense. He did't put a single ball into the EZ at end of game.

Finally, his best pass of the year was the laser to Woods in the NE game. He doesn't throw many darts. He isn't proving capable of beating quality competition. Next week he should look good beating a bad opponent and all the TT apologists will tell us all how good he was.

His deep ball sails on too much of an arc and tends to come down nose up. He is not accurate throwing the long ball.

He consistently checks down, even in situations when it makes no sense. He did't put a single ball into the EZ at end of game.

Finally, his best pass of the year was the laser to Woods in the NE game. He doesn't throw many darts. He isn't proving capable of beating quality competition. Next week he should look good beating a bad opponent and all the TT apologists will tell us all how good he was.

Now there are "TT apologists"? After four games? Can we just, for once, give a quarterback a freaking chance here in Buffalo?

Smarten up. He's gonna suck some games. NE was one of them. Today wasn't.

Let's let a quarterback develop for us once since 1997 please - warning - it may take more than a full season!

He was a big part of it. 38 passing yards half way through the 3rd quarter isn't nearly good enough. He's in his 5th year, there is no excuse for that.

...and how many Giants were missing on their defense? Stop with the excuses for TT, he was really bad today.

OK. Couldn't make it to the end of the thread.

The Giants brought pressure all day - that's not up for debate.

So, even a HS OC knows what you do there is:

- Roll the QB out

- Screen

- quick slants

Roman called NONE of those. NONE. And TT could be the king of the rollout.

We had the ball with 2 minutes to go, down 13 and KNEELED IT OUT before the half. We left all 3 TO's on the board. The second you call any of this insanity TT's fault is the second you are a completely ignorant NFL fan.

There was something bigger than us all making the O play calls in the first half - none of them were real football decisions.

It was so incongruent that the conspiracy theories take hold.

Look up "rules of parlays"

Repeat - we KNEELED OT OUT. Why ?

OK. Couldn't make it to the end of the thread.

The Giants brought pressure all day - that's not up for debate.

So, even a HS OC knows what you do there is:

- Roll the B out

- Screen

- quick slants

Roman called NONE of those. NONE. And TT could be the king of the rollout.

We had the ball with 2 minutes to go, down 13 and KNEELED IT OUT before the half. We left all 3 TO's on the board. The second you call any of this insanity TT's fault is the second you are a completely ignorant NFL fan.

There was something bigger than us all making the O play calls in the first half - none of them were real football decisions.

It was so incongruent that the conspiracy theories take hold.

Look up "rules or parlays"

Repeat - we KNEELED IT OUT. Why ?

Edited by moshermw

How about locking on to one receiver. The one play where the camera was behind and above the play showed him look to Clay the whole way. Before blaming everything else except TT, TT needs to look at and use all his weapons. That particular play showed what he does more times than not. That's not good and it's easy to defense.

Really? I saw a young QB who's best talent is his athleticism play through an ankle injury. I saw WR's not running routes past the first down marker. I saw receivers struggling to get open with no Sammy on the field. I saw a young QB making his 4th start battle back in the second half. I saw receivers dropping passes and fumbling. I saw an OL struggle. I saw a young QB have 2 fantastic TD's taken away from him by bad calls from the refs today.

I also saw a QB who was missing his best OL, best RB, and best WR keep fighting all day.

To dump on this kid right now is just insane.

This. This so hard

Now there are "TT apologists"? After four games? Can we just, for once, give a quarterback a freaking chance here in Buffalo?

Smarten up. He's gonna suck some games. NE was one of them. Today wasn't.

Let's let a quarterback develop for us once since 1997 please - warning - it may take more than a full season!

38 pass yards and 1 first down half way through the 3rd quarter. Yep he was real good today. :blink:

I think people who know what they're watching out there get this. So many designed routes that were short of the line to gain. Looks like Roman is out thinking himself and trying to count on YAC from his play design. Call routes that get you where you need to be man. Also, occasionally, just let your QB play. Don't game plan him to death.

So you know for a fact that the WRs ran those routes to the correct depth?

i am not 100% sure what the problem is. Tyrod appears to be able to make plays with his arm and legs. Roman appears to be able to call a good game/plays. So far it has been a lack of consistency.

Tyrod can make all the throws. Cut that crap. This is not Fitz, or any noodle arm QB the Bills have had. Nor is he JP who had a great deep ball but lacked touch.

Give Tyrod a little more time. I really do believe he has a bright future.