Who's going to be the first coach fired this year?

BmarvB

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree on philbin, but i think pagano has a shot. hell, if he had lost that titans game sunday, i thought there was a real possibility he doesnt make it to week 4.

That was a huge win for the Colts. They looked like a good team in the second half. I could easily see them going on a run and winning the division again.

My fish phan friends down here wanted Philbin fired yesterday. One actually said they would prefer Maroon. They areholding out hope he could be fired after the Jets game if they (jets) kick their butts. One guy a fish fan for 35 years wants to switch teams but all NFL franchises in Florida suck.

I offered up a Bills cap but it was politely declined. These guys were livid watching Philbin on the sideline Sunday. he makes Jauron sideline demanor look

Good. Too bad the rivalry for all intents & purposes is essentially dead. used to be great!

Not a lot of smack talk by fish phans at all at the game. Some drunken Bills fans were a tad over the top though. Zero fights, just some comments like. " i don't care if ryan sucks toes we wish he was our coach."

Philbin has a real loser aura about him. He will definitely get the blame for this supposedly talented team under achieving and rightly so, but I certainly do not think their front office deserves any kudos either. Pettine is a dead man walking in Cleveland too, but they may give him the year.

I really don't think any coach will be fired mid-season; that rarely happens in the NFL (certainly much less so than the other pro sports leagues).

Now after the season...I predict Philbin Milquetoast is out on his ass in a jiffy.

He really is the definition of milquetoast. Worse than Jauron and that's saying a lot.

As long as no one takes Roman I don't really care whose 1st or last fired.

Down here in South Florida, every Dolfan wants Philbin gone. If they continue to look uninspired maybe it's him

Roman's as good as gone if our offense continues to shine. Guessing Chris Palmer will be promoted next year to fill that void. Agree with you about Philbin, no way the owner waits until the end if Philbin's lost the team already. I do feel bad for Pettine though. I think he's a good coach in a lousy situation.

When was the last time a coach was mid-season? It may have been Cahn Galey right here, but technically he actually resigned and wasn't fired. Those days are over it seems. While I agree with all the names, would be very surprised if any are fired before the season ends.

I think the fear is the new interim guy steps up wins a couple of games, everyone likes him, now it's hard not to make him the new HC but may be better choices out there at year end.

I wonder, if the Rams don't go to the playoffs this year, will Jeff Fisher's job be in danger. He may not be first but it seems like they have high hopes every year yet they never do anything except give the Seahawks problems.

As far as first to go, I'd say Philbin however if the Eagles start losing again (say to the Redskins next week) and never recover I could see Kelly going soon too.

When was the last time a coach was mid-season? It may have been Cahn Galey right here, but technically he actually resigned and wasn't fired.

Not sure who Cahn Galey is, but Coach Gailey was fired at the end of the season. Perhaps you are thinking of Coach Jauron who was fired after 9 games?

I'm saying Philbin. If you want to extend it to coordinators Rob Ryan won't make it through the year and from what I've read the Dolphins fans feel the same way about Kevin Coyle.

Rob Ryan's defenses are usually only good for 2 years before they start going downhill.

That was a huge win for the Colts. They looked like a good team in the second half. I could easily see them going on a run and winning the division again.

They don't even have to go on a run to win that division. 8-8 will probably do it.