Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Shady and the trainers feel he's a go, then he's a go.

From what I've seen from our trainers, they're retarded. McCoy should've sat from day 1, and he would've been back fully healthy by now. Instead we got a half a** McCoy for a couple weeks and a missing McCoy.

And WTF were they thinking, letting Aaron Williams play so soon? He had NO BUSINESS playing in the Titans game.

I am.

How is his "Special K" nickname gonna work if we call him Carlos? How can that work Cubes?

Oh! Maybe we should hold off on nicknames till he gets his head screwed back on properly?

Of cousre i know how to spell hsi name

From this article: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/16/buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-lesean-mccoy-probable-return

Guess I missed that he had that diagnosis last week. I thought that timeline was given when he was first injured.

I think the article is sloppy journalism. If you follow the link back to the article where SI originally reported the re-injury, he is quoted as saying he re-injured the hammy in practice on 24 Sept. It seems probable that the doctors examined him at that time (Monday, after he left the Miami game early) performed an MRI, and diagnosed a grade 2 tear on or about 28 September. 28 September to 18 October is about 3 weeks, 3 1/2 weeks since the Sept 24 re-injury. It would make no sense for doctors to be diagnosing a tear on October 9th, 2 weeks after the re-injury - no pro sports team dicks around with a star's injury for that kind of timeframe before performing tests and diagnosing.

I think that's just the date SI interviewed McCoy.

So what we have here is a journalistic "theme" "the Bills are stupidly rushing star players back, bolstered by an exciting tidbit that the Bills are rushing McCoy back just 1 week after the guy was diagnosed with a Grade 2 hamstring that would take 3-4 weeks to heal", citing their own article which interviewed McCoy on 9 October but implied (because of when McCoy said the injury occurred) that the diagnosis was ~ 2 weeks previous to the interview.

Now, should he really sit another week or two? It was roughly 3 1/2 weeks between his 18 August TC injury and the 1st game, and maybe that wasn't enough time, the re-injury is worse, and he should.

But it's not (as far as can be told) quite like the SI story is making it out.

I don't know his medical situation, but if he were to miss the Cincy, Jags games, we would have a Bye, and that is another three weeks off and you would think that is more than enough time to get his explosiveness back. We'll need him after with the fish, Jets, and Pats. We have to try and win those three games. I think we're good enough without him for the Jags, and I'm not too hopeful Sunday.

If we had an explosive 100% McCoy, Watkins, K. wiliams post bye, we could compete with most teams. I pray this hype EJ has improved is the real deal. If so, no way I want TT out there with a partial MCL tear. You take away one of his best intangibles in his speed. God he was exciting in the second half of the Titans game.