I hope the Bills can keep Percy Harvin

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has impressed but if forced to choose between Harvin and Incognito I'd go with the latter. I'm not sure the Bills have the cash to sign everybody -particularly if Tyrod keeps playing the way he is. He'll get paid if he does and then the Bills will have some tough decisions to make at a lot of other positions.

He has impressed but if forced to choose between Harvin and Incognito I'd go with the latter. I'm not sure the Bills have the cash to sign everybody -particularly if Tyrod keeps playing the way he is. He'll get paid if he does and then the Bills will have some tough decisions to make at a lot of other positions.

That is the problem no? If Tyrod proves to be a franchise QB...something gunna have to give. We aint keeping everyone...and we cant get pissed about it as it will not be a "terry is cheap" thing.

That is the problem no? If Tyrod proves to be a franchise QB...something gunna have to give. We aint keeping everyone...and we cant get pissed about it as it will not be a "terry is cheap" thing.

If Tyrod proves to be a franchise QB then they will be able to spend less elsewhere. McCoy, Mario or Hughes, they become less critical.

It'd be nice if they could just re-do Percy and Mario's contracts with a good amount of up front money that averages out to a lower average than their going rates

percy is the definition of a guy that you dont give big upfront money to.

hes a legit player on the field, but you dont commit big dollars to headcases, or you get into trouble quick. you cycle through those guys and never let the headache become yours.

Edited by NoSaint

hes a legit player on the field, but you dont commit big dollars to headcases, or you get into trouble quick. you cycle through those guys and never let the headache become yours.

I agree. Ride him out this year and let him go. He's just not going to be healthy enough to pay big bucks to over 3-4 years.

Good point. He's on his 5th team in 4 years (Seattle twice). I think we're safe waiting on Percy....

I agree. Ride him out this year and let him go. He's just not going to be healthy enough to pay big bucks to over 3-4 years.

He might not require big bucks. Players will get hurt. It's a rare few who don't miss any time. Harvin has shown vast improvement this season. He was always explosive athletically and capable of making explosive plays, but as a WR I don't think he's ever been better than he is right now. He does have a good connection with Sanjay Lal, who he swears by. If Tyrod keeps playing well, I don't think we'll see the Bills let offensive skill talent go.

Glenn would go, and probably a couple pieces off the defense, because Rex could coach up new LB's and DL. As long as he has Gilmore and Darby he would be able to put out a good product on defense. I think we see Mario W. re-structure soon and open up some cap space. Kyle and Bradham could be in trouble. Mario too, if he doesn't restructure.

Edited by purple haze

Gator fan here. I loved "Mercy" Percy at UF- in the rare moments that he was actually healthy. Since he went pro, he hasn't proven to be worth the price. That is, until this year. Should he remain healthy and continue to produce, one might hope that he would realize that he has found his ideal situation and find a way to stay with a more cap-friendly salary in the future. I don't know that he is wise enough to do that. I can totally see him looking to get another big FA contract elsewhere, not fitting in with his new team, causing problems and looking for his 12 team in 6 years.

I could be wrong, and I love his performance so far, but he is too expensive with TTs escalators likely to kick in soon, and the long list of FAs that the Bills have to deal with after the season.

I think he's a legit WR. He's good enough to be a #1 WR. He, Watkins, Woods and Clay with suddenly solid QB play is extremely exciting. He can also block with abandon. I know everyone assumes he will be gone because of his contract structure but he has looked really, really good ..

Great chemistry with Taylor and clutch on 3rd downs

I'm loosing sleep over Incognito too. Those seem like really big losses right now.

The obvious comparison is santonio with the jets as far as what the downside could be (or I suppose Percy everywhere else he's been).

Bringing in troubled guys is often fun short term as you get huge value for your limited by the salary cap buck. The downside is the shooting in the dark on who to give fair market long term deals to and who you let walk.

Itll be interesting to see!

It's a 3-year contract that it can be voided after the first season, the 2nd and 3rd years were made to reduce the cap hit. There is no way we do not reconstruct the his contract after this season if we want to keep him. His cap hit is 10 million in year 2 and 3.

Edit: Contract detail: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/75707/bills-get-creative-with-percy-harvin-pact

Voided by who?

I think he's a legit WR. He's good enough to be a #1 WR. He, Watkins, Woods and Clay with suddenly solid QB play is extremely exciting. He can also block with abandon. I know everyone assumes he will be gone because of his contract structure but he has looked really, really good ..

Great chemistry with Taylor and clutch on 3rd downs

pegulas aren't cheap

Personally I don't think anyone can predict what is in the head of a mercurial guy like Harvin. Some of them prove to just be dicks. Some of them mature to some degree. Some have a short term reprieve from dickness only to return to it after some success which to themselves proves they were right all along, however untrue that may be.

We just don't know with Harvin. Not a lot of guys with his extended bad history turn it around but it's surely possible and he's been great with Rex for almost a year.

These guys are so young. We expect too much of them as fans. He's a terrific player right now with mad skills and coaches and teammates that like him. He could be worth a bunch of money. There are few players like him and he could understand this is a good place for him.