Watkins Injury Update - post em here

truth on hold

Last year he said he lacked explosiveness because Chip practiced too hard.

This year he says he lacks explosiveness because of his sore hammy.

He already had 3 weeks off when he initially strained the hammy so I guess he needs 4-5 more weeks now? :rolleyes:

What was the phrase used? Heavy legs or lacks explosiveness?

Imo

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy Legs? Did he say that?

That is a tell tale sign of a RB beginning to slow down. I hope he did not say that.

Imo

Clay mentioned his heavy legs in the second half of the 'Phins game during his 'Wired for Sound' segment. Is that also the sign for a TE beginning to slow down?

GO BILLS!!!

Clay mentioned his heavy legs in the second half of the 'Phins game during his 'Wired for Sound' segment. Is that also the sign for a TE beginning to slow down?

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure. I was referring to Shady. But, yes, usually that is a sign or he may be pregnant...or he may need to take an adrenaline dump.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

Not sure. I was referring to Shady. But, yes, usually that is a sign or he may be pregnant...or he may need to take an adrenaline dump.

Imo

Or perhaps it's just the result of playing in high heat and humidity.

As for McCoy's heavy legs, ask Rashad Jones. He was on the Miami bench telling his teammate, "Man, 25 got some speed!" in the first quarter last Sunday.

GO BILLS!!!

As for McCoy's heavy legs, ask Rashad Jones. He was on the Miami bench telling his teammate, "Man, 25 got some speed!" in the first quarter last Sunday.

GO BILLS!!!

Add in a potential adrenaline dump because he was likely really amped up to play his former team and had an incredible first series.

I wonder how much teeth nashing is from the camera panning to Sammy Watkins on the sideline and showing him smiling and laughing with his team mates while the team was cruising to a dominant win

WTF is wrong with Sammy there....he needs to be in total pain and not smile if he is not playing.....doesnt he understand how irritating that is!

:)

Heavy Legs? Did he say that?

That is a tell tale sign of a RB beginning to slow down. I hope he did not say that.

Imo

heard that from Clay, on miked up. Second half of Miami

What was the phrase used? Heavy legs or lacks explosiveness?

Imo

this not that

GO BILLS!!!

oops . i really should read through thoroughly before i start posting :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah I think McCoy is still plenty fast to be very effective.

It's just that he used to be even more explosive and that allowed him to consistently bounce outside and make plays that he no longer can.

He just needs to suck it up and follow his blocks like everyone else and then maybe teams won't be flowing to the sideline to take away the easy yards he is seeking.

Before the "hamstring" issue ever happened he was dashing for the sideline and not following the pulling guard in the preseason.

Looked EXACTLY like he did in the Miami game.

Not real encouraged by the "I gotta be 100% to play" talk.

Maybe that is just him saying another stupid thing but nobody is 100% later in the season.

He's getting a pass now.

Yeah I think McCoy is still plenty fast to be very effective.

It's just that he used to be even more explosive and that allowed him to consistently bounce outside and make plays that he no longer can.

He just needs to suck it up and follow his blocks like everyone else and then maybe teams won't be flowing to the sideline to take away the easy yards he is seeking.

Before the "hamstring" issue ever happened he was dashing for the sideline and not following the pulling guard in the preseason.

Looked EXACTLY like he did in the Miami game.

Not real encouraged by the "I gotta be 100% to play" talk.

Maybe that is just him saying another stupid thing but nobody is 100% later in the season.

He's getting a pass now.

and how do YOU know his recent difficulties are not truly the result of his bad hamstring as opposed to a supposed decline causing him to be unable to "make plays he no longer can" ?

as per the bolded, relax a bit; I think you're missing the context of what he meant. He said in the same interview he did not want to hurt the team by not being 100% - what is wrong with that? He also said he feels good Karlos can pick up the slack, so I wouldn't rush to read his mind with what he is saying. If Rex says Shady wants to perform and do well for his new team, that's OK with me.

Good God THIS!

He also had a very good rookie year under a H.S. JV coaching regime.

Right. This team has scored 100 points, ahead of 29 other teams. What is the issue here? Is Watkins dropping passes or something? No. He usually runs a great route, draws coverage and the QB throws to someone else( with single coverage). Take the Clay TD last week. Watkins initially was the only receiver going downfield. He drew two defenders and when Clay leaked out after selling a run block, he's wide open. What great design by Roman. But this is a problem because Sammy didn't get the TD? Please. I don't care how many balls OBJ has caught for the Giants. I don't care too much that he has a more proven QB either. But he has 29 targets! If Watkins gets 29 targets in 3 games and the Bills are not scoring, then I will be worried. Other than that, I'd just like to see a healthy Watkins on the field.