Dareus vs Rookie Center

LA Grant

I would think it would be easier to cover receivers, knowing that the ball was going to be coming out in under 2 seconds.

Not when you have your DBs playing 8-10 yards off the line of scrimmage every freakin play. You need to jam these guys at the line in order to throw the timing off. For some reason, no matter who our defensive coordinator is, these guys are always playing way off the line.

Brady got the ball off quick and we were playing 10-15 yards off on the outside.

couldn't believe how far off our corners were, and Brady was hitting Edelman every time.

Not when you have your DBs playing 8-10 yards off the line of scrimmage every freakin play. You need to jam these guys at the line in order to throw the timing off. For some reason, no matter who our defensive coordinator is, these guys are always playing way off the line.

:thumbsup:

@TyDunne

Dareus: "There’s not much you can do if the quarterback’s getting the ball out. Two seconds, 3 seconds, there’s nothing you can really do.”

get your hands up an block passes Dareus, see JJ Watt

couldn't believe how far off our corners were, and Brady was hitting Edelman every time.

This is true. It is funny how many people on this board use the phrase check down as a negative slur. Brady is amazing at completing quick, short passes. In a sense, the Pats do this as an alternative to a running game. They have been doing this for years. Of course, that is not to say that he cannot throw deep.

Thankfully Carolina did us a favor by taking Newton at #1 so we didn't make the mistake of drafting him at #3.

Those were some entertaining threads.

but we could have had JJ Watt ... and Clay Mattews ... and Haloti Ngata

This is true. It is funny how many people on this board use the phrase check down as a negative slur. Brady is amazing at completing quick, short passes. In a sense, the Pats do this as an alternative to a running game. They have been doing this for years. Of course, that is not to say that he cannot throw deep.

Brady the ultimate game manager.

They can get away with it because they don't make mistakes. Great ball placement, great hands receivers. That sets up the deeper stuff. Most teams will make a small mistake that will kill the drive eventually. For example, Fitzpatrick. Gailey drew up some good plays, but between Fitz and the receivers someone was gonna blow it usually. Not the Pats, they are a machine.

Edited by HoF Watkins

They can get away with it because they don't make mistakes. Great ball placement, great hands receivers. That sets up the deeper stuff. Most teams will make a small mistake that will kill the drive eventually. For example, Fitzpatrick. Gailey drew up some good plays, but between Fitz and the receivers someone was gonna blow it usually. Not the Pats, they are a machine.

never have seen a team lose so many guys and keep on rolling, they are playing lights out early so hopefully they will cool down latter

I remember when I was a kid going to Sabres games, there was a season ticket holder behind us that would scream out "Martin, you suck" every chance he got (Rick Martin of the French Connection line for you young guys). The guy was fixated on screaming about one of our best players.

Sully had a fixation about Mario Williams and his refrigerator and criticized his play (even though he had a broken bone in his hand and continued to play).

Sully wanted to cut Dareus at the beginning of last year.

Sully tweeted a snarky comment about Dareus and his contract during the game.

I see from reading this thread that there are those who are going to take the same approach as that season ticket behind us many years ago and Sully.

never have seen a team lose so many guys and keep on rolling, they are playing lights out early so hopefully they will cool down latter

They are a machine and they never seem to lose a beat. Remember when Belichick converted one of his receivers (Brown?) when they had injuries to their DBs.

3 rookie lineman against a $250 million D line. It was embarrassing.

total embarrassment. The lack of blitzing was terrible. You pressure Brady to win, instead he had all day. (not that he needed it, but switch it up sometimes).

Getting paid really hurt JJ Watt's game.

I have faith in Dareus.

JJ Watt is 100X the player Dareus is. Watt would not have been manhandled by an undrafted rookie center.

exactly. Dareus the lazyus. (and I have his jersey. not a hater but this was a total embarrassment).

total embarrassment. The lack of blitzing was terrible. You pressure Brady to win, instead he had all day. (not that he needed it, but switch it up sometimes).

JJ Watt is 100X the player Dareus is. Watt would not have been manhandled by an undrafted rookie center.

I would rather have JJ Watt than probably any other player on our team. I was responding to a post that made the claim that "[o]nce these D linemen get paid they get fat and lazy and stop caring."

I would rather have JJ Watt than probably any other player on our team. I was responding to a post that made the claim that "[o]nce these D linemen get paid they get fat and lazy and stop caring."

oh, gotcha!!! Yeah, I'd rather have Watt than almost anyone in the NFL. He should have won MVP last year IMO.

Yes, Brady was getting rid of it quickly on most plays, but there were others where he had Romo time back there. But I don't get how the 4-7 yard outs are there for them ALL DAY long. It's like some madden glitch or something. And every replay I saw had Gronk getting a free release from the line. Get in someone's face and jam them! Super frustrating game.

I'm calling BS on this.

I thought Brady had plenty of time to sit back and throw the ball.

Last week, Luck had to throw within a couple seconds, because of pressure but this week was different.

The defense was VERY disappointing this week.

Agreed and I saw several times the Patriots Center handle Dareus 1-on-1. Dareus was clearly not ready yesterday

Thankfully Carolina did us a favor by taking Newton at #1 so we didn't make the mistake of drafting him at #3.

Those were some entertaining threads.

Somehow i feel like Houston is saying the same thing in regards to that draft

Getting paid really hurt JJ Watt's game.

I have faith in Dareus.

JJ Watt is just.... wow

Edited by Agent 91

Brady got the ball out fast and ran hurry up to tire our line and and not allow subs. It neutralized our front four's pressure. The onus was then on on rex/d-coordinator to adjust and they couldn't do it.

Rex and company never tried to adjust. it was the same thing from Brady all day long. Pitiful.

THIS THIS AND MORE THIS!!! We knew he was going to get the ball out FAST! Put your hands up, coach the players to have an internal clock, 2 seconds, put your hands up! What a disappointment.

Somehow i feel like Houston is saying the same thing in regards to that draft

JJ Watt is just.... wow

And Houston will go no where. It's sad that the NFL had become pretty much all about one position, what's the point of spending money anywhere else? Keep changing the rules to protect the qb and open up offense even more...

I didn't like the contract when it was signed. I don't think Dareus is enough of an impact player to warrant this kind of a cap hit. Combine that wth his off the field troubles and I believe the Bills will regret this commitment. If he ends up 1st team all pro year after year(which is what the expectations should be considering the salary), I will say I was wrong.

Edited by LabattBlue

I want to see how the next few games play out with him. Remember he said he wasn't seeing eye to eye with the d-line coach. Sounds like he's not happy with the role of tying up blockers and wants to be released to wreck havoc, which I agree with because that's his game, he's too strong and fast to have him tying up blockers. Hopefully this isn't the case though.