Rex Ryan - The mouth that roared

Freddie's Dead

It was the right call to pick up the flag on the taylor hit - it was by the book. The watkins one was borderline and probably shouldn't have been called, but i can think of three mor egregious plays by the bills that weren't called that should have been. And as for who is to blame, the coaches shouldn't be adding to the penalty total by riding the refs.

Coaches create a mindset. They also can bench players who are out of control. That is not happening on the bills right now.

Umm, how was it the right call to pick up the flag when 91 hit TT so clearly after he began to slide? And how was the Watkins OI " borderline" ? SW never touched the DB , it was totally phantom and thrown only due to a NE player lobbying for it. I'm sure there were things not called against the Bills, but there were far more not called against NE . The " mindset" created by NE coaches is " if you don't make the play, make a gesture to the official for a flag". This is true on D and by the WRs whenever they don't catch a ball. They are thought of as a " good team" by the refs so they almost always get the benefit of the doubt. The Bills are thought of as a " bad" team ie no franchise QB, so they must have committed a penalty because they aren't that good. A lot of " good teams" like Sea and NE commit a lot of penalties. They just get away with them, and the refs throw flags on them in relatively inconsequential situations ( big lead, after extra point attempts etc) to " even it out " on the stat sheet for their grades. This was blatantly in view today. Picking up a flag on a hit on the sliding QB is a total joke. It wasn't even close to simultaneous.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan ain't changing. His post-game presser is classic meltdown mode. He still doesn't know his name. Let me help you. DION LEWIS. The only thing missing from this presser is "They are who we thought they were."

Of course Rex knows who Dion Lewis is. The point is that Dion Lewis was not, is not, and will not be the focal point of their offense.

Also, to be fair, as much as some like to complain about Rex and his style, Rex took all of the blame and credited Belichick and Brady. We can debate whether just how much "blame" Rex deserves, but Rex does a good job of accepting the heat.

Of course Rex knows who Dion Lewis is. The point is that Dion Lewis was not, is not, and will not be the focal point of their offense.

Also, to be fair, as much as some like to complain about Rex and his style, Rex took all of the blame and credited Belichick and Brady. We can debate whether just how much "blame" Rex deserves, but Rex does a good job of accepting the heat.

On the whole, I like Rex's style when he backs it up like week 1. His style sucks when we get humiliated at home yet again by the Cheats.

the bills lost because of Brady's brilliance. he gets the ball out fast and right on the money.

rex flapping his gums to the media did not contribute to the loss. his apparent lack of placing enough importance on eliminating undisciplined mental mistakes did. in new England, dummies get cut.

If it was the right call in this game, it was the wrong call last week (especially after Luck did his fake slide). On the other hand, if it was the right call last week, it was the wrong call on Sunday.

As for the Watkins flag, I totally disagree. It was not close at all. The guy slipped pure an simple.

Aaron Williams was benched for part of the game.

After watkins gave him a subtle push. I don't think a flag should have been called on that one.

As for the hit on taylor, come on - take off the homer blinders. The defender committed right before the decision to slide. Tha's almost never a penalty, nor should it be.

I'll let Kyle Williams have the last word, "There's a difference between coming out ready to go, fired up ready to play and coming out and being totally without poise, without focus and a lot of stupid idiotic stuff. That plays right into their hands. If you have no poise, no focus, you get caught up in all the BS, that's what they do."

Relax everyone.

D - Our D played bad - yes. But lets keep in mind our special teams / penalties gave NE the ball with short field 2 times in a row in the first half.

TT - Didnt have the best game but its his second start and there was still hope in the remaining seconds. The 2 (out of 3 ints) were high balls but hit the hands of the WR and are not squarely on TT shoulders. Wakins is a pro that's a 50/50 fault. There was a chance to battle back and win in OT.

Rex - At least he has some passion. Dont act like his mouth caused our lost. There was way more than his mouth that fuelied the fire. Who pasted all the bill boards around buffalo?

Team - Looking at it from a whole, it was a team lost. D played bad, penalties killed us, the coaching decisions weren't the best, we missed an extra point, and the offense had picks (not just TT). But after all those mistakes, we were one drive from going to OT. There is a lot of be hopeful here.

Edited by BaltimoreFanBills

Maybe you people would want him to kiss Bill's rings.

Amen. Let Rex be Rex. He's going to be, anyhow.

The game sucked, but it's just one game. And they could have quit down 37-13 in the fourth, but showed a lot of guts and never gave up.

They'll get better. Think of it this way: we just lost to the defending SB champs. The Dolphins lost to the Jaguars.

I take back everything I've said about you. Almost. :nana:

Perhaps I'm overreacting to the beatdown. Perhaps I'm overreacting to being a national laughingstock yet again. Perhaps I'm overreacting to how the Bills found yet another more humiliating way to lose to the Cheats than the last time. All I saw all week long was Rex Ryan running his mouth. He must have had 10 national interviews this week. I saw his face and heard him yapping for hours on every pre-game show. I read the stories in the NE press about how Rex was running his mouth. Tomorrow the stories in NE will all be about same old Bills and how this franchise is still a joke. I'm sick of it. All I want is a coach that can have a team ready to play the Pats without the out of control emotion, and a coach that would be worthy to hold the Hoodie's clipboard. We still have neither. I'm sure we'll beat the rest of the AFC east. But we're still the Cheats' B word, and Ryan was supposed to stop that.

Over reacting and very much over exaggerating everything about the game, before the game, and after the game.

What disappointed me about Rex yesterday was not the talking before the game or even the fact that his team appeared to be out of control with the pent up aggression leading to penalties. What disappointed me is that just like many of the coaches we have had before, he didnt or couldn't make adjustments in the game plan once things appeared to be going south. The D looked great on the first drive stop but did not have any answers for most of the rest of the game (with the exception of the fumble and forced fumble). Why can't coaches make adjustments in game or at half? I would have expected Rex to do that. If the pass rush was failing to get to Brady, then load up with the DBs for a series. At least try something different. I really expected more adjustments in real time on D and by Roman in the offense. Is this too much to ask?

Amen. Let Rex be Rex. He's going to be, anyhow.

My only concern about Rex is whether he can do a good job coaching the Bills. I can't judge that after two games against (1) the greatest team in NFL history with arguably the best coach and QBs ever who are currently the reigning SB Champs and (2) the conference finalist.

That said, if you're going to talk the talk, you better walk the walk. You get a lot less rope when you're brash and arrogant.

Edited by Observer