Crowd noise this Sunday? Guinness in the House!

Chandler#81

No... actually it's not, but thanks for playing.

You, see, after 30 seconds of research an hour ago I am an expert now.

They measure the stadium for 8 seconds after a prompt from the stadium/scoreboard/whatever.

8 seconds, that's all it is cowboy.

Exactly, who cares what the crowd was like in the 3rd quarter last week. The record comes from a small sample.

I guess we agree, hombré.

Imo

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can help me get home from the Stadium in time to be well rested for the first day of a new job Monday morning I promise to be the loudest one there. I am a loud dude, my neighbors have complained many times.

You won't be making love in the stands...

It will be cool to break the record.

I 100% agree my man. I used to think sitting at the 50 yard line at around row 12-14 would be the best viewing of the game at the Ralph until I actually sat there 3 years ago. I almost got into a fight (with a Bills fan) who told me to sit down while our team was playing defense. It was 1st and 10 (not 3rd down defense) but I don't care. To me every down on defense is just as intense as 3rd down defense. So the guy behind me told me to sit down and I yelled at him and told him to stand up and I was 2 more words out of his mouth away from officially sitting him down until I came to my senses and unfortunately sat my ass down (kind of, I just kind of sat on top of my seat that was lifted up) and continued watching the game.

Last week against the Colts I sat at section 137 and man we were HYPE! But not only us though... The whole stadium stood up the entire game. I loved it man. But yeah I will never sit by the 50 ever again. 20 yard line or lower best suits my character and the way I wanna cheer more. It shouldn't be that way imo because this is football and not baseball. If you like to sit and watch games, go to a baseball game or just stay at home. If you're elderly or have a handicap then I completely understand why you can't stand. But if you're capable to stand and just don't because you like the comfort of sitting down, then I think a football game is the wrong venue for that. Clearly just my opinion so don't take any offense (to those who like to sit).

had a similar story but the guy was in front of me telling us to sit down and called security. Never again will I sit there. I hope we get the record but there are Bills "fans" that will try to make sure we dont.

Here it is, four days on, and my voice still isn't 100%. I give it more than most of the folks around me, from start to finish every game, but...

142dB is insane, there's just no way we're gonna reach that.

140dB: "Even short term exposure can cause permanent damage. The loudest recommended exposure WITH hearing protection."

sound-levels-chart.jpg

I 100% agree my man. I used to think sitting at the 50 yard line at around row 12-14 would be the best viewing of the game at the Ralph until I actually sat there 3 years ago. I almost got into a fight (with a Bills fan) who told me to sit down while our team was playing defense. It was 1st and 10 (not 3rd down defense) but I don't care. To me every down on defense is just as intense as 3rd down defense. So the guy behind me told me to sit down and I yelled at him and told him to stand up and I was 2 more words out of his mouth away from officially sitting him down until I came to my senses and unfortunately sat my ass down (kind of, I just kind of sat on top of my seat that was lifted up) and continued watching the game.

Last week against the Colts I sat at section 137 and man we were HYPE! But not only us though... The whole stadium stood up the entire game. I loved it man. But yeah I will never sit by the 50 ever again. 20 yard line or lower best suits my character and the way I wanna cheer more. It shouldn't be that way imo because this is football and not baseball. If you like to sit and watch games, go to a baseball game or just stay at home. If you're elderly or have a handicap then I completely understand why you can't stand. But if you're capable to stand and just don't because you like the comfort of sitting down, then I think a football game is the wrong venue for that. Clearly just my opinion so don't take any offense (to those who like to sit).

Section 137 is my section, I love it there. The view is way better than I imagined and the people usually are just rowdy enough, but not over the top. I couldn't make it last week but will definitely be there this week.

i don't know if we are going to be able to hit the peak decibel to break the record based on the acoustics of the stadium and the number of people in attendance, but this might help...

2w3xqp3.jpg

buy the beer in the blue cups and poke out the bottom to use it as a megaphone! brilliant!!

i think when everyone said the Colts game was the loudest game i think they meant the sustained excitement and cheering throughout the whole game, not just at its peak. why not measure the avg dB of the whole game?

Edited by kdiggz

i don't know if we are going to be able to hit the peak decibel to break the record based on the acoustics of the stadium and the number of people in attendance, but this might help...

buy the beer in the blue cups and poke out the bottom to use it as a megaphone! brilliant!!

i think when everyone said the Colts game was the loudest game i think they meant the sustained excitement and cheering throughout the whole game, not just at its peak. why not measure the avg dB of the whole game?

They are selling beer in the can now. You get an open can instead of those blue cups. Maybe you can still get them at some lines, but where I get beer from, they just give you a can.

I like the fact that this is a challenge now. Although I doubt we get close, we will try.

And i believe that was the idea on whoever thought of this. The acoustics in the stadium just wont allow to get close to that 140DB mark.

It will be loud as hell in that stadium Sunday.

I like the fact that this is a challenge now. Although I doubt we get close, we will try.

Yeah, I don't see us breaking that record either. I will give it my all though, just like I do at every game. We'll probably get to about 120-130 decibels at best. We shall see.