Crowd noise this Sunday? Guinness in the House!

Chandler#81

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a survey .. of season ticket holders near the 50,,,,,, ,they still claim its the tunnel end that is weak with the noise , but they do say that the players families that sit near them could step it up , seems they need help learning how we make noise here .can someone teach them? :worthy:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I don't see us breaking that record either. I will give it my all though, just like I do at every game. We'll probably get to about 120-130 decibels at best. We shall see.

So you think we Crack top 10?

Arrowhead Stadium (Chiefs): 142.2

CenturyLink Field (Seahawks): 137.6

Husky Stadium (Washington): 133.6

Memorial Stadium (Clemson): 132.8

Tiger Stadium (LSU): 130

Autzen Stadium (Oregon): 127

Mercedes-Benz Superdome (Saints): 122.6

Beaver Stadium (Penn State): 122

Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (Florida): 115

Michigan Stadium (Michigan): 110

Here's a chant we can ALL get behind...

"BRA-DY CHEAT-ED!" (clap, clap, clap, clap) "BRA-DY CHEAT-ED!!!!" -Louder and louder until Gisele wants to kill us all! :D

How about a tomahawk cheeeaaaater cheeeeeeater cheeeeeater, every time Brady takes the field.

Ill certainly give it all, but I dont think we come that close.

Looking at the Chiefs' stadium last night... Its tight and basically enclosed 2-deck that forms a band around the field. RWS has too many voids where sound waves will escape. Also factor in there will be a few thousand New England fans.

Edited by May Day 10

So you think we Crack top 10?

Arrowhead Stadium (Chiefs): 142.2

CenturyLink Field (Seahawks): 137.6

Husky Stadium (Washington): 133.6

Memorial Stadium (Clemson): 132.8

Tiger Stadium (LSU): 130

Autzen Stadium (Oregon): 127

Mercedes-Benz Superdome (Saints): 122.6

Beaver Stadium (Penn State): 122

Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (Florida): 115

Michigan Stadium (Michigan): 110

Bills fans are wild, crazy and loud. But I think some underestimate how difficult setting the WR will be.

These are stadiums also had loud fans. And in some cases, the acoustics of the stadium helped the cause.

Bills fans will have to be extra special on Sunday. And a special play - like the play that won the Denver game last night - would certainly help the volume.

I wish I was there to contribute my share.

Edited by hondo in seattle

They are selling beer in the can now. You get an open can instead of those blue cups. Maybe you can still get them at some lines, but where I get beer from, they just give you a can.

So like, everybody bring in an empty cup? Buy a Big Gulp on the way to the stadium and poke out the bottom on the way in. Or don't they allow empty cups?

I 100% agree my man. I used to think sitting at the 50 yard line at around row 12-14 would be the best viewing of the game at the Ralph until I actually sat there 3 years ago. I almost got into a fight (with a Bills fan) who told me to sit down while our team was playing defense. It was 1st and 10 (not 3rd down defense) but I don't care. To me every down on defense is just as intense as 3rd down defense. So the guy behind me told me to sit down and I yelled at him and told him to stand up and I was 2 more words out of his mouth away from officially sitting him down until I came to my senses and unfortunately sat my ass down (kind of, I just kind of sat on top of my seat that was lifted up) and continued watching the game.

Last week against the Colts I sat at section 137 and man we were HYPE! But not only us though... The whole stadium stood up the entire game. I loved it man. But yeah I will never sit by the 50 ever again. 20 yard line or lower best suits my character and the way I wanna cheer more. It shouldn't be that way imo because this is football and not baseball. If you like to sit and watch games, go to a baseball game or just stay at home. If you're elderly or have a handicap then I completely understand why you can't stand. But if you're capable to stand and just don't because you like the comfort of sitting down, then I think a football game is the wrong venue for that. Clearly just my opinion so don't take any offense (to those who like to sit).

The whole stadium did not stand the entire Colts game.

I am willing to guarantee it wont even come close.

Not because of lack of effort, but because of acoustics and lack of people.

It will make people be louder, and i think that is the main affect of this, so it will help that.

the acoustics are the main problem. I don't understand why stadiums are not built to amplify sound. The Steelers stadium has an entire section where the noise simply escapes from. Mind boggling.

Anyone needing to strengthen and heal their throat needs to keep it moist. I spoke with Gugny who is a master on the subject, he recommended... nevermind. But, honey also works.

Here it is, four days on, and my voice still isn't 100%. I give it more than most of the folks around me, from start to finish every game, but...

142dB is insane, there's just no way we're gonna reach that.

140dB: "Even short term exposure can cause permanent damage. The loudest recommended exposure WITH hearing protection."

sound-levels-chart.jpg

It's not hard to reach 142. I am taking my sound meter out to my farm later and standing at 6' and see how loud I can get it. Science!

I read when KC set the record, it was done during a Time Out after the 1st Quarter- from a prompt by the PA Announcer. Figure that to be the plan, and pace yourselves.

Yes, it was early in the game during a timeout. They need to do it early so we still have voices.

Sooooo.... how about some expert tips from the veteran "big mouths" on this board. How do you maximize the noise produced by a human throat, and keep it up all game?

Use your diaphragm for the sound, your chest, your body. Not your throat. It is how singers get those powerful chords.

You must be loud from your body, not your throat.

LOL that wouldnt work would it??

I mean how loud can something be coming from your phone?

CBF

I dont know. I downloaded one and its kind of loud. If 10,000 people did it... it may cause an extra din... along with everyone's voice.

Then if Brady complains we can advise him to brush up on the rulebook

For those who don't already do this, one of the loudest sounds a person can make without any kind of mechanical assistance is a nice loud whistle.

There are many different methods, and I learned from my dad when I was young. This is always my go-to noise from section 127 while the Bills are on defense. It's pretty deafening. Do not use indoors or in an enclosed space because it WILL damage your ears. The other great thing about a loud whistle is that you won't lose your voice.

Here are some pages that teach you how:

This one uses the "OK" finger method, my favorite: http://www.tapeonline.com/articles/how-to-whistle-real-loud

Two-hands, also effective, but not my go-to. http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/04/08/how-to-whistle-with-your-fingers/

This one gets into the fingerless whistling, which I could never master: http://www.wikihow.com/Wolf-Whistle

Edited by jimmy10