I think Peyton Manning is done

Fan in Chicago

• 1 month later...

. This article also in the in same vein and really think he should have hung it up. There is no glory in stumbling towards the finish line, a sad shadow of what he once was.

Thoughts ?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/peyton-manning-picked-up-where-he-left-off-—-looking-very-very-old/ar-AAefY95?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=mailsignout

UPDATE: I am dumb

UPDATE: I am dumb

No, he's clearly declined. He just finally has a team who can pick up his slack.

It will be the height of irony if Peyton wins his second championship in his worst non-rookie season. The ultimate team game and all that. Can't wait for Brady to face this buzz saw.

No, he's clearly declined. He just finally has a team who can pick up his slack.

It will be the height of irony if Peyton wins his second championship in his worst non-rookie season. The ultimate team game and all that. Can't wait for Brady to face this buzz saw.

Going from under center to shotgun+pistol with more reliance on the run game has helped. But yesterday, his arm didn't look as weak as the early part of the season. So we will see how he fares through the rest of the season, but it's no small feat for a team to be undefeated at this point. And if not anything, PM has not been a liability. Edited by Fan in Chicago

His team is undefeated. A team wins because of it's QB. He's the only player that really matters. I know, I've read it here many times. So Peyton still has it very much going on. Maybe he gets less style points than he used too, but then again, there are no style points in football.

I also think part of the problem is Peyton no longer runs the offense. It's his greatest strength. At this point in his career, most if not all he has to offer is between the ears. Mean while Kubiak is calling for naked QB roll outs and taking away Peyton's control at the line. I don't think he would be the same Manning by any stretch but I think we'd get better performances from him.

Denver has an amazing D and a running game, both true.

But Peyton was throwing ropes last night. The Packers D wore down at times, but in the first half he was throwing those quick accurate throws to covered receivers, placed exactly where the receivers could get them and no one else could. He may have declined, but his decline is still pretty dang good and his demise has been over-predicted.

Aside: did anyone else notice that under pressure, a bunch of Rodgers check-downs and dump-offs were down at the shoestrings or otherwise off target?

is Rogers done? Because he threw for like 70 yards! lol

I am a huge Manning fan, so the start of this season shook me. The way he looked (coupled with my pessimistic sports world view being a Bills fan) convinced me that he was done.

Last night he looked as good as he has in Denver. Sure he didn't throw TD passes, but that's because the RBs were busting off long runs, made possible partly because he was hitting deep balls. He had like 340 yards passing and a 72% completion rate.

I also see why he looked so bad whereas Brady can still look great. Manning's game is pretty much predicated on the 10-15 yard throws. He wants chunks most of the time. Brady takes the snap, throws a 3 yard pass in 1-2 seconds to Edelman or whichever other little dinky WR/RB they pick and that guy runs for 10 yards. Then every once in a while he will chuck one down the seam to Gronk.

If your timing is off at all on deeper throws they won't be there. Manning was missing guys by a foot or so. Hopefully this is the start of everyone getting on the same page.

Nobody criticizes Brady for his first 3 rings, which were won by defense and his kicker. Hardware is all that matters. Manning already has the stats, so if this season the stats aren't there but they win I'm sure he will be just fine being the only QB in NFL history to win a SB with 2 different teams AND go there with 4 different head coaches.

That's nuts.

Edited by TheFunPolice

But Peyton was throwing ropes last night. The Packers D wore down at times, but in the first half he was throwing those quick accurate throws to covered receivers, placed exactly where the receivers could get them and no one else could. He may have declined, but his decline is still pretty dang good and his demise has been over-predicted.

Aside: did anyone else notice that under pressure, a bunch of Rodgers check-downs and dump-offs were down at the shoestrings or otherwise off target?

He looked the best I've seen in awhile, I was speaking about his whole season though.

To your aside, it looked to me like Denver's D was forcing Rodgers to his left, a lot. I wonder if they saw something in the tape. You'd think something like that would've been noticed years ago, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

rod couldn't find anyone all night... I thought devonte was a player but without jordie on the field none of the guys can get openl..

Manning is a HOF QB, Kubiak is not a HOF coach. Manning has a few years left if he wants. Kubiak tried to force his offense and it did not work. Regroup and let Manning do what he does best. Results is a solid victory against a top squad.