How To Cover Gronk

Peace Frog

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would take a Kam Chancellor type player to cover Gronk. Find a tall LB that is fast enough to stay with him and don't forget Chandler .

The need for tall , fast DBs who can play 1 on 1 is in scarce supply.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-gronkowski-0109-20150108-story.html

Sending hookers with crabs to the team hotel is also an option.

Best way to contain Gronk is to not to allow Brady time to get him the ball. Problem is, Brady gets rid of the ball so quickly that it is oftentimes impossible to disrupt him in order to throw his timing off. Many teams realize this, yet, they have been largely unsuccessful defending them. Not sure of the X's and O's involved here but, one of the few things Rex has going for him is a sound grasp of X's and O's.

I think we will obviously see a lot of nickel coverage and some combo coverages. Even in 2 receiver sets.. What I'd like us to do is have either graham or Aaron pick him up in combo coverages. Basically have Roby drop to the deep third and have the corner on his side cover shallow and have whichever safety is on that side drop down in the box to shadow gronk and/or run support. In effect switching roles between nickel corner and safety. Or just 3 safeties instead of nickel (big nickel) when playing against 2 receiver 1 tightend looks and cover 1 vs 2 receiver 2 tightend looks. 3 receivers? Dime, patriots running game isn't scary

good post!

I would suggest using Lawson on the the line to disrupt and potentially stay with Gronk if not, pass him off to the Nigel. would love to see Rex line both/either of these guys up near Gronkowski. A W would be my next choice. If its short area work with help , hell put Mario on him for fun!

Rex and Gronk are a great matchup to watch.

But i agree needs to be abused more at the line

DON'T trash talk him before the game like the Steelers did. That just makes gronk angry

dont be a scared!

Punch him in the mouth. then kick him in his ding ding. he likes his ding ding and will lose focus. then punch him the mouth again.

like the erudite posters above have mentioned when disrupting his first steps. make it hurt.

That's not a bad idea... How about send him to Burning Man too. Oh, crap... It's all over.

Take your two worst players on the team and do what the HS players did to the ref.

Hey... Come on... You guys are all thinking it!

;-)

that you know of burning man is a concern

Man up on the outside. Blitz sparingly. We'll get to Brady with 4 guys. Double Gronk with Lawson and Corey. Put the hurt on that little slot receiver.

I'm not saying to put a bounty on Edelman's head. I'm not saying that. Don't even....

Um...Aaron Williams? Can I talk to you in private for a sec?

Edited by LeGOATski