TNF: Steelers at Pats** NBC 8:30 est

YoloinOhio

I hate Tom Brady. At this point I hate him more than any other bills opponent past or present. Someone needs to end this nightmare and soon. If not us then who? If not now then when? Not since the days of Bryan cox have I wanted a player to be beaned with batteries. Ugh.

Edited by joesixpack

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not as optimistic as you. They have 9 days to prepare and rest up. It will be a tough game but you saw how he picked apart the Steelers secondary. The ball is out in 2 seconds, the front 4 won't be much of a factor imo if they play like that against us

We need to have good immediate coverage... which they usually counter with picks that are rarely/never called. It's a pretty genius system, and impossible to stop consistently.

I hate Tom Brady. At this point I hate him more than any other bills opponent past or present. Someone needs to end this nightmare and soon. If not us then who? If not now then when? Not since the days of Bryan cox have I wanted a player to be beaned with batteries. Ugh.

Well, thankfully Bills, Dolphins and Jets have all improved on paper, so hopefully someone can do it. Sigh.

I'm not as optimistic as you. They have 9 days to prepare and rest up. It will be a tough game but you saw how he picked apart the Steelers secondary. The ball is out in 2 seconds, the front 4 won't be much of a factor imo if they play like that against us

Exactly. No matter how good the Bills front 4 or 7 are, it's virtually inconsequential when the QB (Brady) is unloading the ball in 2 seconds every time. The key to the Pat's incredible passing game is having smart receivers run the correct routes and Brady having complete confidence that they'll be where they're supposed to be. There's no hesitation or concern about where the defenders are. I always thought that was the problem with guys like Trent Edwards (and many others) - they were overly concerned with defenders rather than just focusing on their targets.

The Pats are a very disciplined team with a passing game that relies on great timing between passer and receiver. It also doesn't hurt them when the zebras look the other way every time they set up an illegal pick.

Great timing is Brady's not so secret weapon. For all the talk about the powerful pass rush, the Bills may be better off against the Pats taking a page out of Belichick's own SB XXV playbook and using 6 or 7 DBs to get physical with receivers at the line to throw their timing off.

Really?

YoloinOhio, on 13 Mar 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:snapback.png

I'll be surprised if he makes the 53.

It's not that I think the Bills will miss him, but some of "the finest football minds" here at TBD, spewed condescending nonsense at me concerning Chandler this off-season...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/177972-pats-signed-chandler-because-belichick-is-a-genius/page-5

you looked up a post from half a year ago? The hell? Anyway... I assumed they would draft a TE relatively high to play that role and they did not. Also, I was able to watch him in the preseason. Things do actually change in 6 months time. My opinion that he is an average NFL TE did not change though.

post game, it was crazy, i cant wait to see the unedited cut.

im telling you man, the league is on full on revolt.

the networks are in damage control, the announcers are painting such a rosy picture.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/tomlin-angry-with-communications-problems-at-gillette-stadium/

profootballtalk, through nbcsports, who showed the game tonight (no conflict of interest there), isnt reporting the full details of the press conference, and nfl network cut away from it live.

fascinating.

@MichelleWTAE: Steelers will reportedly file complaint with NFL on both headset equipment failure & officials not turning off headsets on both sidelines! Edited by YoloinOhio

DBs to get physical with receivers at the line to throw their timing off.

This. Taking away Disgraced QB Tom Brady's quick 8 yd passes is the key.

Exactly. No matter how good the Bills front 4 or 7 are, it's virtually inconsequential when the QB (Brady) is unloading the ball in 2 seconds every time. The key to the Pat's incredible passing game is having smart receivers run the correct routes and Brady having complete confidence that they'll be where they're supposed to be. There's no hesitation or concern about where the defenders are. I always thought that was the problem with guys like Trent Edwards (and many others) - they were overly concerned with defenders rather than just focusing on their targets.

The Pats are a very disciplined team with a passing game that relies on great timing between passer and receiver. It also doesn't hurt them when the zebras look the other way every time they set up an illegal pick.

Great timing is Brady's not so secret weapon. For all the talk about the powerful pass rush, the Bills may be better off against the Pats taking a page out of Belichick's own SB XXV playbook and using 6 or 7 DBs to get physical with receivers at the line to throw their timing off.

I have seen an effective technique against Brady that does not emphasize the pass rush. Have the big guys get close and stand up to get in his passing lanes, rarely blitz, and maintain tight coverage on the short routes. The Bills did that a couple years ago and it worked better than trying to sack him.

post game, it was crazy, i cant wait to see the unedited cut.

im telling you man, the league is on full on revolt.

the networks are in damage control, the announcers are painting such a rosy picture.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/tomlin-angry-with-communications-problems-at-gillette-stadium/

profootballtalk, through nbcsports, who showed the game tonight (no conflict of interest there), isnt reporting the full details of the press conference, and nfl network cut away from it live.

fascinating.

This purports to be the full text http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/the-full-text-of-tomlins-comments-about-communications-issues/

The league asserts the problem was caused by a "stadium power infrastructure issue". Which doesn't sound to me like something the league controls. Ahem.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/nfl-statement-says-stadium-power-infrastructure-issue-caused-problematic-headsets/

Edited by Hopeful

This purports to be the full text http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/the-full-text-of-tomlins-comments-about-communications-issues/

The league asserts the problem was caused by a "stadium power infrastructure issue". Which doesn't sound to me like something the league controls. Ahem.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/nfl-statement-says-stadium-power-infrastructure-issue-caused-problematic-headsets/

Airplane+Jonny+Plug.JPG

I don't know man. After deflategate and the espn article, the Patriots couldn't be THAT bold could they?

Seriously? Hell yes they could. A big FU to Roger and the league.

Tomlin said the radio issue lasted halfway through the game. Belicheat said throughout most of the game.

Did the Refs actually listen to the Cheatriots radio equipment or just take mumble mouth Bill's word for it?

Funnny how the "league controlled" equipment often fails on the opponents side of Gillette Stadium????

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever