Colts Ticket Prices Falling Hard

Bob in Mich

I have been following ticket prices to this game for several months. One might think that the prices would be going up just days before the game but they are instead falling.

A lot of those season tickets that were bought were bought by re-sellers and they are getting more desperate as game time approaches. Tickets that were selling for $150 a couple of weeks ago are now selling for less than $100.

I have been following ticket prices to this game for several months. One might think that the prices would be going up just days before the game but they are instead falling.

A lot of those season tickets that were bought were bought by re-sellers and they are getting more desperate as game time approaches. Tickets that were selling for $150 a couple of weeks ago are now selling for less than $100.

People are scared of the rain, I bet. Seems crazy though since it's BUFFALO, not SoCal - there are still lots of good seats at semi decent prices though!

HAHAHAHA

damn scalpers I mean entrepreneurs get what they deserve

If you were tracking on Stubhub one thing to keep in mind they used to show the price including fees. It's now showing prices without the fees, thus the sharp drop by about $15-20 per ticket. You have to click on advanced settings on the bottom of the page to enable pricing with fees. I'm surprised they made this change as they were marketing the all fees included for quite awhile.

That said, the prices have definitely come down and I wonder if sellers fell for the same issue seeing the lower prices and panicking creating a buyers market.

So StubHub made the change on September 1st. The timing makes sense for the quick fall.

http://time.com/money/4018864/stubhub-fees-all-in-ticket-prices/

On Tuesday, however, StubHub announced that it will shift back to the previous model of listing lower prices and adding 15% to 17% in fees right before checkout, The Wall Street Journal reports. The reason for the reversal appears to be that all-in pricing, while seemingly more refreshing and less confusing, was a failure, bearing the blame for a major hit to salesat StubHub.

If you were tracking on Stubhub one thing to keep in mind they used to show the price including fees. It's now showing prices without the fees, thus the sharp drop by about $15-20 per ticket. You have to click on advanced settings on the bottom of the page to enable pricing with fees. I'm surprised they made this change as they were marketing the all fees included for quite awhile.

That said, the prices have definitely come down and I wonder if sellers fell for the same issue seeing the lower prices and panicking creating a buyers market.

It's the same on NFLTicketExchange. I'm helping a friend unload a pair for this weekend because she can't go now. I told her they would sell instantly at a good price. They were the lowest priced pair for three days straight and no one bought them. In that time I had to adjust the price downward daily to stay ahead of the other panicked sellers, many with huge blocks to dump, frantically slashing prices. It seems like anyone who was going to the game has their ticket and that's it.

I bought season tickets to ensure that my 80 year old aunt and 76 year old mother could go to one more game of their choosing. I told them that they should pick the 2nd week to go to with all the implications of that matchup and hoped I could get some of the money back on some of the others. I have people in mind for the Giants and Dolphins games which I will sell at my cost but I'll be curious to see what the market for those tickets will be in the remaining games.

I bought season tickets to ensure that my 80 year old aunt and 76 year old mother could go to one more game of their choosing. I told them that they should pick the 2nd week to go to with all the implications of that matchup and hoped I could get some of the money back on some of the others. I have people in mind for the Giants and Dolphins games which I will sell at my cost but I'll be curious to see what the market for those tickets will be in the remaining games.

This season the "money" games are the opener, as always, Giants and Cowboys. The Pats are also a strong resale game, especially with Brady playing. You sell three of those four and you've paid for next years tickets and you get to go to five games free. That's not bad.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This season the "money" games are the opener, as always, Giants and Cowboys. The Pats are also a strong resale game, especially with Brady playing. You sell three of those four and you've paid for next years tickets and you get to go to five games free. That's not bad.

Good fans go to those games though.

I have season tickets and I live down in VA. I wasn't able to make it this weekend, but I am one of those guys who had to lower the price. But in fairness, there were tickets selling for more than 150. I am in section 310 for perspective....the problem isn't the price, but the fact that there are just too many tix available. I know that for some of the other high profile games, I have the tix for sale at a high price, if they are bought, cool, I make a few hundred, if not, I go to the game.

Said it here earlier when the season ticket frenzy was in full force that it was artificial and not driven by fans but by speculators, scalpers. Yes some fair weather fans got in but I'd get more than 10,000 of the new seasons are scalpers.

Same with McCartney tickets, they'll go down as time passes.

Good fans go to those games though.

Not all "good fans" have money to burn. Also keep in mind many out of town fans bought seasons years ago to help show support to keep the Bills in Buffalo. You're welcome.

Edited by PromoTheRobot