PFF ranks Taylor #32 starting QB

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the point of even rating QBs who have never played?

Are these ratings based on what guys have done or predicting forward? I think we know the answer with Peyton ranked 5th.All we should care about is going forward and who has the most upside. Do Hoyer/Mccown etc. have more potential than T-mobile answer NO!

Edited by The Thurmanator

Same as Mariota and Winston. They are 25 and 24. Why?

Really not sure why? Maybe he thinks they have more innate talent than a Taylor. You might want to consider that--because it's the obvious reason he has them ranked higher.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Are these ratings based on what guys have done or predicting forward? I think we know the answer with Peyton ranked 5th.All we should care about is going forward and who has the most upside.

if it's PFF I assume it is what they have done and then projecting forward. No point in including QBs who have never played a game, IMO.

if it's PFF I assume it is what they have done and then projecting forward. No point in including QBs who have never played a game, IMO.

He's played one game...in 2012. Solid performance, but not as good as he looked this preseason.

Comparing him from that game vs the Bengals to now actually gets me pretty excited. He's standing in the pocket and going through his progressions now.

"In small sample sizes, a good scout is ALWAYS better than stats". These rankings are like a Fantasy draft in that its nice to have a big track record to look at. That is not the case for a some of the projected starters. And, a good many have very mediocre records and perhaps upside. Would you really rather have Hoyer or McCown than Taylor? I doubt it! There are many other examples Peyton ahead of Luck? PFF is just looking at their ratings and taking the easy way out and saying TT has no track record so he's last. The Bills coaches and other NFL coaches, GMs and scouts don't have that luxury. They have decided that they have reason to believe Tyrod can be a good QB. I see it as entirely plausible he could have more potential than half the guys on this list. Of course PFF isn't going to do it, even though I believe they had him 2nd in preseason QB rankings as someone pointed out.

If you weren't a Bills fan, would you really think the #1 overall pick was worse than Tyrod?

I think it is likely he will be this year, given the team he is on, and a very big learning curve after only two years of college experience. Overall, I remain unconvinced that Winston will live up to expectations at any point, but for this year, it is certainly reasonable to expect Taylor to have a better year. Colt McCoy may have a better year than Winston. Does not necessarily make him the better QB, just like Winston's pedigree does not automatically make him successful.