PFF ranks Taylor #32 starting QB

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think both are at play: PFF producing a silly list and homerism towards our guy. Which I get. But would regardless of where you would rank them, would you really put TT above either Mariota or Winston? Just curious.

Look, if it's about NFL experience, then neither of THEM should be ranked. But there IS tape on Taylor. So rank him last accordingly, and don't put guys with ZERO snaps on the list.

Look, if it's about NFL experience, then neither of THEM should be ranked. But there IS tape on Taylor. So rank him last accordingly, and don't put guys with ZERO snaps on the list.

The list is ridiculously inconsistent! Sometimes is how accomplished the QB is Manning over Luck. My preference is to actually predict who will do the best this year.

What's the point of even rating QBs who have never played?

so you can rile up all 32 fan bases.

but as a 6th rounder thats never played, i dont think its unfair for him to start at the bottom of the list. hes got to prove it, and we will find out soon.

The list is ridiculously inconsistent! Sometimes is how accomplished the QB is Manning over Luck. My preference is to actually predict who will do the best this year.

Gee...

:doh:

:w00t:

so you can rile up all 32 fan bases.

but as a 6th rounder thats never played, i dont think its unfair for him to start at the bottom of the list. hes got to prove it, and we will find out soon.

Jokes on them. Didn't follow the link. Won't follow the link.

My only beef is Ryan Fitzpatrick's ranking. Really, 13-33 with the Bills. Couldn't hit water from a boat after 13 yards. We'll see what that ranking looks like after we play the Jets.

I get it's hard to rank TT given his lack of experience, but why not around 22 based on the Ravens, and the Pre-Season?

There are at least 10 youtube videos showing throws well past 20 yards; looks like you failed elementary school math rather than graduating from Harvard.

I think it is likely he will be this year, given the team he is on, and a very big learning curve after only two years of college experience.

McCoy really should have stayed in college another year but if he didn't maybe he would have been drafted to a team w/no QBs and would have been thrown to wolves and out of league so maybe it works out.

I'd say it's about right, even below the rookies. There is a reason Winston and Mariotta were drafted 1 and 2. They are coming off great college careers and have become immediate NFL starters while TT is coming off 4 straight NFL seasons as a backup where he has just now finally become qualified enough to be a starter somewhere. Not saying he won't be better but given the little bit that we have to go on at this very point in time I think it's accurate.

I'd say it's about right, even below the rookies. There is a reason Winston and Mariotta were drafted 1 and 2. They are coming off great college careers and have become immediate NFL starters while TT is coming off 4 straight NFL seasons as a backup where he has just now finally become qualified enough to be a starter somewhere. Not saying he won't be better but given the little bit that we have to go on at this very point in time I think it's accurate.

I happen to agree with this. Nobody really knows what to expect from this young QB this year.

Lets face it guys we live in a bubble, and its a great bubble... but its still a freaking bubble.

My friends that like other teams are laughing at me for liking a former 6th round pick that was another teams backup QB for four years, and has never even started a regular season game. Then the one game he played in 2012 that he took significant snaps in was a blowout he came in and threw an INT, no TD's. 17 of 29 for 179 yards. Then in 2013 he played in one game he was 1 of 5 for 2 yards, and an INT. The reality of the situation is that Taylor is only 6' tall, 221 lbs, and a running QB with no NFL starts.

So, what do we know about running QB's is that unless they are supremely blessed they don't last very long in the league. The good Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, and the bad RG3, Colin Kaepernick.

That list I think they have Bridgewater way to high, as he shouldn't* be ahead of Smith, Palmer, Manning. Then Luck should be in the top 5. I also think by years end Bortles and Carr should be a lot higher

Edited by Nihilarian