PFF ranks Taylor #32 starting QB

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YES. It's entirely inconsistent with their modality. If they wanted to make them 30 and 31 with TT @ 32, then THAT would make sense.

It's a completely arbitrary ranking like 1000 other off season rankings. You know if TT was ranked 30th people would still complain that he should really be 20th lol

I find It amusing that PFF has the Bills at 13th in the AFC out of 15 teams!

Probably has something to do with what they think of TT

They don't have a QB!! Who cares if they won 9 games last year and added McCoy, Harvin, Clay, Felton, Incognito and Taylor. :devil:

Yes there is very little reason to be optimistic about Buffalo-after all its the Bills. :rolleyes:

They said that TT was better than EJ. Makes you realize what they think of EJ. they also let us know what they thought of EJ in the 1st paragraph

No crap. Probably be like -1 and 17 record with EJ.

Exactly. Taylor basically has never played. Where do you think he should be ranked?

Considering that he has been in the league for a few years, learned behind a superbowl winning QB and worked his way to the starting role, I would use those as lead indicators and rank him ahead of Winston and Mariotta who have done none of the above things. As it stands right now, they could become Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf/JaMarcus Russell

It's a completely arbitrary ranking like 1000 other off season rankings. You know if TT was ranked 30th people would still complain that he should really be 20th lol

Probably has something to do with what they think of TT

I think many of you are confusing a critique of PFF's HIGHLY questionable metrics/standards for homerism in favor of our guy.

Anybody else see this response to the Bills being ranked 13th by PFF in AFC. Somebody has a bias problem. Jeez! did a band of roving Bills supporters burn his house down as kid or something?

"The bills have arguably the worst O-Line in football and Richie Incognito was the only addition made that will help much this year, a somewhat less horrible version of Willie Colon. All this supposed talent they added consists of a Fullback, a Lottery ticket QB, a gadget receiver/returner with a major attitude problem, Incognito was addressed above, Miller may not get a start this year, McCoy look dangerously like Chris Johnson Circa 2011 last year, so really just badly overpaying Clay. And Oh by the way, Ryan is a bad fit. He needs at least 1 shut down corner, preferably 2 the Bills have exactly 0, and can't develop a QB to save his life. Finally Kyle Williams turned 32 back in February, historically defensive tackles fall of at that age, while Mario Williams is coming off his best season as a pro, actually getting involved in Run defense and not disappearing for as much as entire games, things that are generally out of line with his career profile and is more likely to regress to the player he was than remain as the player we saw last year.

The Jets added a solid if unspectacular verteran QB in Fitzpatrick, arguably the best corner in Football in Revis, a Number 1 type receiver in Marshall (who's of the field transgressions last year amounted to trying to fill a leadership void and answering a question honestly, if you don't believe me do some actual research, that is what happened at base), a strong second corner in Cromartie, plus some solid secondary pieces, and then had arguably the best draft of any team.

So yes there is reason for these rankings."

Considering that he has been in the league for a few years, learned behind a superbowl winning QB and worked his way to the starting role, I would use those as lead indicators and rank him ahead of Winston and Mariotta who have done none of the above things. As it stands right now, they could become Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf/JaMarcus Russell

I disagree. Where should Brock Osweiler be ranked then?

If Winston was on the Bills or Mariota we would vomit in our collective mouths if TT was ranked ahead of them. Let's be fair. The list is stupid and arbitrary but both those QBS would be ranked above TT in 100 of 100 rankings done by anyone.

If Winston was on the Bills or Mariota we would vomit in our collective mouths if TT was ranked ahead of them. Let's be fair. The list is stupid and arbitrary but both those QBS would be ranked above TT in 100 of 100 rankings done by anyone.

It's not the fact that they're ahead of TT, it's that they--without any NFL tape--are ahead of Hoyer, et al.

I agree with the bolded part but will disagree on the remaining. All said and done, not worth your or my time arguing over this.

I think many of you are confusing a critique of PFF's HIGHLY questionable metrics/standards for homerism in favor of our guy.

I think both are at play: PFF producing a silly list and homerism towards our guy. Which I get. But would regardless of where you would rank them, would you really put TT above either Mariota or Winston? Just curious.