Ground and pound? Maybe not...

YoloinOhio

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan says this offense will be more "multiple" than "ground-and-pound." Says "we're not going to be one-dimensional."

@viccarucci: Ryan says "ground & pound" won't apply to #Bills. "This one will be more multiple. We've got more talent on the outside."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan says this offense will be more "multiple" than "ground-and-pound." Says "we're not going to be one-dimensional."

@viccarucci: Ryan says "ground & pound" won't apply to #Bills. "This one will be more multiple. We've got more talent on the outside."

not shocking. in fact mentioned many times during cut downs.

if we spread 3 wide plus clay, with mccoy in the backfield, i think we maximize our ability to grind the other defense still. think of how chan created space and mismatches at that offenses best. take some pressure off the line.

even with 2 TE personnel we have we can easily spread defenses out. its was crazy to bunch up our guys last year as we didnt have great blocking depth and just forced better run defenders than we could account for onto the field.

Edited by NoSaint

not shocking. in fact mentioned many times during cut downs.

if we spread 3 wide plus clay, with mccoy in the backfield, i think we maximize our ability to grind the other defense still. think of how chan created space and mismatches at that offenses best. take some pressure off the line.

i just think a lot of people criticize the McCoy acquisition because he isn't a "ground and pound" type RB and therefore doesn't fit the offense. The offense will fit the players we have. I always thought ground and pound just referred to being able to run the ball successfully - doesn't need to be up the middle every play. But the term is thought of differently by many.

I expect it's all going to be about creating space and getting the ball to guys where they can make something happen. I don't really think we have the personnel for a "ground and pound" as Shady isn't that type of back and you'd prefer to have a QB with a big arm to stretch the field vertically. Lots of quick stuff to mitigate Taylor's accuracy making pre-snap reads crucial.

I think it's going to be a "ground and move around offense" as I expect a lot of guys in motion (see Clay and Watkins and Felton) with a lot of short passing and an occasional deep sideline pass heave toward Watkins (and when healthy Goodwin).

Makes sense...They claimed "ground and pound" when they thought the Bills QB's would be average at best. The Bills QB situation looks a whole lot better now. Let's hope it continues into the regular season and let's do this!