Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you following Tim Graham on Twitter...is anyone calling him out as a pyromaniacal hack?

I basically have. He muted me last night after I told him he was like a Chatty Cathy Doll that pulls her own string.

For those of you following Tim Graham on Twitter...is anyone calling him out as a pyromaniacal hack?

I don't follow him because he's a miserable jerk but there are loads of people tweeting him the definition of the word rogue.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I don't think Whaley acted unilaterally. This would be easy to understand if it wasn't Fred. One of the great underdogs of all time. Even the Bills kept trying to count him out. The first memory I have of Fred is a game against the Dolphins in Miami, he had a run where he carried what looked like the entire D about five yards.

So who is our number two back now?

Ha ha, we weren't allowed to use players in our marketing because the one year we had to re-do all of the in stadium stuff and leave the antiquated stuff printed at the beginning of he season (promos, tickets, etc..). It was a disaster and the owner was PISSED (Shinn). It is a factor. I don't think that a decision is ever made based on that no but it is something that both sides should have been aware of. Take it as a lesson learned.

And that is the point. Nobody likes surprises, especially those caused by coworkers.

went rogue? It's his job. He has control over the 53.

I guess I am not understanding the "went rogue" part... Rex has input, but Whaley makes final call on the 53. pegula said ok. I don't see the issue.

Some head coaches have control over the 53, Rex is not one of them.

If Rex and Roman want Freddie on the team, and whaley cuts them, I would consider that 'going rogue'

The coaches and FO and scouts all put in their 2 cents with regard to the roster. If there was any type of consensus that Freddie was going to make the team, and Whaley cut him behind everyone's back, that would be going rogue too

"@ByTimGraham: He deviated from the wishes of football ops and made the decision without any heads up. https://t.co/QJSbbUMTev"

Confirmation (as if it were still needed) that Whaley's unilateral decision to cut Fred was not a football decision, but a personal crusade. Very cowardly for a GM to cut players, especially such a prominent one, secretly against the wishes of the coach.

Sleazy overstepping like this makes one wonder if Marrone's decision to walk wasn't as unwarrented as it seemed.

1. I have no idea what Tim Graham means by "football ops" much the same way I had no idea what he meant by the word "rogue." Tim Graham needs to learn how to express himself clearly.

2. How can Whaley deviate from "football ops" when he HEADS "football ops"

3. How did Whaley make a unilateral decision when it's been noted he did in fact consult with ownership?

I agree with all of that. It is just a learning experience for all involved. Moving forward I am sure that the sponsor and marketing departments will be a little more cautious when putting this stuff together. As an example Watkins will almost certainly be here for a little while. There is a SMALL chance that Mario won't. Just be careful on the front end...

Kirby, maybe I missed it but what are you suggesting that Whaley should have done? Inform the sponsors of the move before he told Fred? Before he informed the league? I'm just curious.

I think there is a bit of confusion, that comment about Firing Whaley and rehiring FJ wasn't serious. It was a hypothetical to the situation of a GM going rogue and doing things without informing the owner. I don't actually believe Whaley went rogue.

next time you might just say what you mean...