Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

But he didn't have a bad preseason and was easily Bills third best RB. But keep making excuses and fantasies

Well lets rain fire for cutting a player that might be the 3rd BEST out of the 3-4 we'll keep!

I think the person who is posting misinterpreted the meaning of "stocking the cupboard" (=controlling the 53 man roster) and "let him pull down and make whatever he wants to make" (= gameday roster and player roles and responsibilities)

It's been publically explained several times that Whaley has control of the 53 man roster and reports directly to Pegula.

That said, all successful Coach/GM combinations work by the GM building a close understanding and collaboration on what sort of players the coach needs to execute his schemes.

It came right out of their mouths at Rex's press conference!

They made a point of saying and repeating it so there wouldnt be any questioning, but that isnt enough for some posters. :doh:

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally went rogue the other day at work. I handed in some work that nearly everyone at work agreed with but a few people had a problem with it.

I was rogue all day yesterday, making decisions, keeping people in the loop - it was awful...

I actually have it on good accord that JJ Abrams is basing the new Star Wars on Doug Whaley!!

Star-Wars-Rogue-One.jpg

when people question why we give Timmy a hard time, the reply from now on should be the "went rogue" tweet, and the clarification 12 hours later of what it meant.

There's no question the best thing to come out of all this will be the permanent inclusion of "went rogue" in the TSW lexicon.

Edited by KD in CT

But he didn't have a bad preseason and was easily Bills third best RB. But keep making excuses and fantasies

Fredex missed much of training camp and the preseason. Injured 7 August, back for 29 August game. So did the other RBs. He didn't have a bad preseason, he didn't have a good preseason, he just didn't have much of a preseason and neither did the other guys. It's not as though the coaches were able to compare and say "wow, Fredex did great but Williams did better, Brown on the other hand not so much"

Well lets rain fire for cutting a player that might be the 3rd BEST out of the 3-4 we'll keep!

It came right out of their mouths at Rex's press conference!

They made a point of saying and repeating it so there wouldnt be any questioning, but that isnt enough for some posters. :doh:

id venture, generally speaking, that even so the coaches probably do make 95% of the roster decisions, but DW might push them here or there for a long term need.

There's no question that the best thing to come out of all this will be the permanent inclusion of "went rogue" in the TSW lexicon.

Next time I go rogue and make a tough decision at work that I am held fully accountable for and received approval from my boss to make, I am going to refer to it as going #fullwhaley

:lol::thumbsup:

Next time I go rogue and make a tough decision at work that I am held fully accountable for and received approval from my boss to make, I am going to refer to it as going #fullwhaley

you went #fullwhaley, never go #fullwhaley man

Edited by NoSaint

id venture, generally speaking, that even so the coaches probably do make 95% of the roster decisions, but DW might push them here or there for a long term need.

Sure, without a doubt they work together. That much is obvious© from the personnel decisions that were made this offseason. But when push comes to shove, it's Whaley's final decision to make.

Edited by DrDareustein

You could get fired for going to the owner and the head guy and informing them of your tough decision. That's batschit crazy out of control. What were you thinking?!

you know who looks like the savvy owners that we have all been jealous of? the ones that are willing to sit back, hire a good business guy, and a good football guy, and let them run day to day operations while the owner attends meetings and shapes the future of the league.

know which owners we openly mock regularly? the ones that make player decisions.

Exactly. It's hard to believe this is even open to debate...

So now going rogue is "some coaches" didn't agree with the decision?

That's just ridiculous. There was not a chance in hell that he didn't discuss this with all of the people who need to know, which is Terry and Kim and Rex and Roman. It's possible that Roman wanted to keep him. But it's a GMs job for the total roster, and Rex obviously is right up there with Whaley on these decisions.

The story was a farce to begin with.

Apparently Mr. Graham has gone a step further, it wasn't even the coaches who disagreed:

He deviated from the wishes of football ops and made the decision without any heads up.

#GoingRogue

Ding ding ding. Whaley has a thankless job really. I love FredEx, but dude is getting old, and we have McCoy, Karlos, and Brown on the roster, and some very tough decisions elsewhere. It sucks, but it makes sense.

"@ByTimGraham: He deviated from the wishes of football ops and made the decision without any heads up. https://t.co/QJSbbUMTev"

Confirmation (as if it were still needed) that Whaley's unilateral decision to cut Fred was not a football decision, but a personal crusade. Very cowardly for a GM to cut players, especially such a prominent one, secretly against the wishes of the coach.

Sleazy overstepping like this makes one wonder if Marrone's decision to walk wasn't as unwarrented as it seemed.

Edited by negativo

Apparently Mr. Graham has gone a step further, it wasn't even the coaches who disagreed:

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham

He deviated from the wishes of football ops and made the decision without any heads up.

#GoingRogue

doesn't football ops report to Whaley? He can deviate from their "wishes" all he wants. Edited by YoloinOhio

You have no idea what the alleged lie is...

If making things up completely, I'm guessing he probably told Fred that he would retire a bill when they signed the last deal. If Fred legit has a 3 year plan to be the oldest running back in the history of the game those two things simply couldn't coexist.

Indeed. If Whaley extended Fred through this season with the understanding we will make every effort to keep you on the roster another season so you can retire a Bill and now Fred is all "I got 3 more seasons in me", maybe Whaley should say Fred wasn't honest with him?