Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

What did he want to hear, exactly? Fred seems like a smart guy. I'm sure he can figure this out without Whaley telling him there's no room for an 34-year-old RB/locker room cheerleader when other, more important, players need to be extended. Common man.

Calling Fred Jackson a "locker room cheerleader" is about the dumbest thing I've read about this whole ordeal.

I think you should take this opportunity to recant your statement.

C'mon man. (Not common man.)

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This crap doesn't get "out there" unless you want it to. Love the honesty, hate the timing. Kind of ironic given that Freddy was one of the most vanilla interviews of the past 5 years.

Yeah. Pretty odd timing given that he's looking for a job. Never a good thing to slag one's former boss before the next interview....

Serious question...do you watch the games?

No, he doesn't. But he's got takes on what he doesn't know. One of TSW's premier zero content providers. Probably knows more about Peter Frampton or some other grumpy old man sh*t like that than the average waller though. :thumbsup:

i think this goes back to everything we heard back in March about the Bills possibly releasing Jackson then. Pegula had to step in and stop it and Whaley basically lied said that they have no intentions on cutting Fred. however, it was his plan the whole time to cut Fred in favor of Bryce Brown. 60,000 season ticket sales later and apparently now was a good time to finally release Fred. Rex didn't want Brown because he fumbles so I doubt Rex was on board with this decision. It's all Whaley and Fred is just calling it how it is

Serious question...do you watch the games?

Serious answer. Yes.

And I truly believe that getting rid of the oldest RB in the league, two years running, was a wise move, because said RB was not making a difference and would naturally make even less of a difference this season.

If pumping up the crowd scored points, the 2015 version of Fred Jackson would be named MVP before the season even started. It's just not the case.

It was a good football decision and it was a good business decision. When Whaley extends the contracts of guys who actually help the team score points and win games, people will see that.

A truly damning report for Whaley. From the beginning it couldn't have been more obvious if Whaley screamed with a bullhorn that Freddy was cut as a face-saving move to justify his foolish

trade for Bryce Brown.

EJ getting beat out by Tyrod likely pushed him over the edge to make this rogue, reckless move.

One conclusion that now can be made without dispute: cutting Freddy had nothing to do with anything on the field, or what was in the best interests of the team. It was done by Whaley, for Whaley, in the interests of nobody but Whaley. He owns this abomination, and will pay dearly in the court of public opinion.

Edited by negativo

Tim Graham

Pegulas have final say. Let's not forget they wanted to hire Polian in addition to Whaley. Bills GM isn't king.

Tim Graham

When the Pegulas like to "look players in the eye" before Whaley signs them, understand they like being in loop.

Edited by jmc12290

Calling Fred Jackson a "locker room cheerleader" is about the dumbest thing I've read about this whole ordeal.

I think you should take this opportunity to recant your statement.

C'mon man. (Not common man.)

Heh. Cute.

The braintrust rationalizers are out in full force, I see. Because Bills GMs *always* make the smart calls ...

I love FJ a ton and disagree with his release but Whaley is the boss. It's his call. Calling it 'rationalization' to say the GM has control of the roster seems pretty odd. It comes with the territory, just like when Thurman, Bruce or Andre were let go...

i agree he had heavy input into the personnel acquisitions (as he should) but this is referring to getting a roster from 90 to 53 and deciding who is essential to winning now and in the future and the financial implications of those moves. Rex does not have that authority as it was reported (like Chip Kelly, Belichik, Jeff fisher, Andy Reid, Pete Carroll). I am sure he has a great deal of input and more than he did in NJ. But the GM is accountable, I believe, for the decision. Rex wanted him? I buy that. He probably wants to keep a ton more guys than is possible. Someone has to make the call.

That's how it works on the drawing board. I'm not sure that it's this easy inside the walls.

What does Timmah gain from putting out such an inflammatory tweet if it didn't have a tinge of truth to it? To me, going rogue means that the Freddie release short cut the usual process of player moves at OBD.

Serious answer. Yes.

And I truly believe that getting rid of the oldest RB in the league, two years running, was a wise move, because said RB was not making a difference and would naturally make even less of a difference this season.

If pumping up the crowd scored points, the 2015 version of Fred Jackson would be named MVP before the season even started. It's just not the case.

It was a good football decision and it was a good business decision. When Whaley extends the contracts of guys who actually help the team score points and win games, people will see that.

Did many people think they couldn't extend the players you are talking about with Fred still on the roster?

No.

That's how it works on the drawing board. I'm not sure that it's this easy inside the walls.

What does Timmah gain from putting out such an inflammatory tweet if it didn't have a tinge of truth to it? To me, going rogue means that the Freddie release short cut the usual process of player moves at OBD.

Agreed.

The "leak" from OBD that it was on Whaley could very well be intentionally trying to insulate Rex from the players thinking it was his call.

@ChrisTrapasso: It's a really bad sign if emotion runs an NFL franchise. FJax cut was actually a pretty common procedure for a relatively pricey veteran.

I hadn't thought of it that way but allowing Rex to be the good cop in this isn't terribly outlandish. Not the most obvious explanation but seems plausible.