RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if that would happen. He and Marshawn are still close. Nice fit if it happens. And they are my pick to go to the SB in the NFC, so Fred will almost certainly experience playoffs there.

Seattle is also having worrisome issues with pass protection from the OL, so they probably jumped at this.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i know, it must be really hard. His son is a star RB for Hamburg Little Loop! But that's life in the NFL I guess.

I don't think he would, kids will be starting school, it would be a lot to ask them. He'll just probably live in Seattle temporarily and fly back when he can.

I don't think he would, kids will be starting school, it would be a lot to ask them. He'll just probably live in Seattle temporarily and fly back when he can.

yes that would be much easier, especially considering it could be just a one year deal.

I am confused Rex Ryan says the team is not better without Fred Jackson. The rest of the organization says we are in "win now" mode. Those seem like conflicting views.

if you read the whole quote, he said it isn't better "right now" when he was asked the question, but that someone would need to step up and take his place (insinuating then it would be).

I will miss Fred as much as anyone. The guy personified Buffalo's Rocky-Balboa-lift-yourself-off-the-mat ethos, and it's sad that he will not be on the roster if (when!) we make the playoffs this year.

However -- not to knock any other posters -- I find very odd the comments that Fred was waived to keep Bryce Brown on the roster so that Doug Whaley can "save face". Whaley strikes me as a guy earnestly trying to improve the roster. But more to the point, the Bills traded their 2015 4th round pick for Brown. Lost in the tumult of the last two days is that the Bills also waived Ross Cockrell. Cockrell was a 4th round pick in 2014 -- i.e., he cost the Bills the same as Bryce Brown. If Whaley was trying to save face over a 4th round pick, shouldn't he also have clung to Cockrell?

Anyhow, I hope Fred has a good season with whomever he ends up. And I hope nobody on the Bills wears #22 for a while ...

Edited by Stranded in Boston

Some of you guys sound like jaded ex-wives. This is a business, you understand that, right? Some of you now hate Rex? Should he keep on every nice guy that the fans love regardless of their talent level? The guy makes one 40 yard run in preseason that could have been timed with a sundial and you think he should stay? Good move by Rex or whomever made the decision.

Just win.

Edited by stevestojan

Some of you guys sound like jaded ex-wives. This is a business, you understand that, right? Some of you now hate Rex? Should he keep on every nice guy that the fans love regardless of their talent level? The guy makes one 40 yard run in preseason that could have been timed with a sundial and you think he should stay? Good move by Rex or whomever made the decision.

Just win.

:w00t:

I will miss Fred as much as anyone. The guy personified Buffalo's Rocky-Balboa-lift-yourself-off-the-mat ethos, and it's sad that he will not be on the roster if (when!) we make the playoffs this year.

However -- not to knock any other posters -- I find very odd the comments that Fred was waived to keep Bryce Brown on the roster so that Doug Whaley can "save face". Whaley strikes me as a guy earnestly trying to improve the roster. But more to the point, the Bills traded their 2015 4th round pick for Brown. Lost in the tumult of the last two days is that the Bills also waived Ross Cockrell. Cockrell was a 4th round pick in 2014 -- i.e., he cost the Bills the same as Bryce Brown. If Whaley was trying to save face over a 4th round pick, shouldn't he also have clung to Cockrell?

Anyhow, I hope Fred has a good season with whomever he ends up. And I hope nobody on the Bills wears #22 for a while ...

The Whaley/ego take is being thrown out there by some misguided fans and a couple of predictable media members (Bucky Gleason/Jerry Sullivan) who don't have a freaking clue.

Whaley knows his future (and legacy) depends upon building a winner, not stroking his own ego or proving himself right all the time. He has already exhibited on numerous occasions that he will not cling to a draft pick or a trade acquisition simply because he made the deal.

This was a crap move by the front office. What does it say to the rest of the guys on the Bills? Give your all to this team so we can dump you?

No, it says, "give your all to the team and we'll keep giving you well-paid extensions for 10 YEARS before we look to move on as part of the business you already know exists."