How does it feel to have a real offensive coordinator?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and you know this, how? As an HC, he'll have to have an OC and can't spend anywhere near the time creating an offense as he does now. The man is on Rex Ryan's staff -the only staff he would leave SF for. He isn't concerned at all about defense, ST's or media-like-ability. He's employed by Terry & Kim -who will match or top and $$ offer he may receive.

Speculate all you want. Writing definitive 'will happen' posts with absolutely no follow up regarding inside info is, frankly, immature.

You have a problem... He was in the HC talks last year. Stop being so dramatic.

Completely agree with Beef Jerky. My prediction for the year is that the Bills will finally make the playoffs, have a good offensive year and Roman is gone, but it will be a fun year at least.

By the end of the year the media will be talking a Bills QB up just like they did with Kaepernick, only to find out the next year they are not that good without Roman.

Ask me again in week 9. We've seen hot starts before and then the league adjusts to our scheme and we can't do anything.

Plus, the 49ers offense was less than inspiring.

Hoping to be celebrating with you though

Ok so the regular season is obviously weeks away but when was a Bills offense this prepared to play three games into the preseason? You would have to go back to the Marv Levy go easy on my starters days to answer the question.

For a decade or better we have watched some pathetic work on the part of the offense. Roman has shown strong indication that this season will be different. How much fun will the defense front seven be to watch if they actually have a healthy lead on the scoreboard in the later parts of games?

Let's hope the honeymoon does not come to a crashing end once the games are for real.

Defense looks similar, offense is remarkably better looking. Considering defenses don't scheme and defenses dial it back, the offense should(and the good ones do ) be very productive .

Chan was a good OC too, but didn't have as much talent as this team. Either way, I'm really exited about Roman.

I agree. Well, I'd say Chan was very good for about 90% of the plays. He didn't seem to be able to call redzone plays very well, though. and those are so important. But between the 20's the guy was magic. Also, at times I think he used to stop himself. Sometimes a play would just kill, over and over. And, out of the blue, they would just no longer run it, even though the defense hadn't stopped it yet. That kind of thing would always send me into a rage.

I like Roman because I don't think he will be "figured out" like some before him (I'm looking at you, Gilbride). He can vary his offense to the talent, and I think, to the defense.

We have Roman for 1 year. Better win the Super Bowl.

this

and you know this, how? As an HC, he'll have to have an OC and can't spend anywhere near the time creating an offense as he does now. The man is on Rex Ryan's staff -the only staff he would leave SF for. He isn't concerned at all about defense, ST's or media-like-ability. He's employed by Terry & Kim -who will match or top and $$ offer he may receive.

Speculate all you want. Writing definitive 'will happen' posts with absolutely no follow up regarding inside info is, frankly, immature.

I said the same thing when we signed Pettine. He came in and turned around a defense that sucked for a decade. Roman will do the same. I agree with beef, he'll be gone next year if the offense does as I expect. Is it definite? No, it my opinion on a message board

I like a lot of what I've seen so far. Different plays and different style suited to each of our QBs is one I like. Run game has looked good at times.

I also like that we huddle up. Especially with young aQBs. Thankfully we're not hearing this hurry up BS like Hackett Jr.

As others have said though, lets see what happens when the games count.

Edited by reddogblitz

It's like finally getting to make out with a girl who weighs less than I do.

:lol:

It looks good,but I`ve been snake bit before. Ask me 8 games in.

On the bright side, if there was ever going to be a season not to worry about traditional fears of being "snake bit" it would be this one.

Things haven't looked this good rolling into a new Bills season in literally a generation of Bills fan.