QB after Pittsburgh

Starting QB   

323 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start vs. Indy?

I went Taylor. He's proven he can read defenses and make the neccessary throws. I was afraid he would rely too much on his legs but he stayed in the pocket tonight and made the throws. That ability will help him tremendously in making plays with his legs- keep defenses from cheating.

Taylor also fits into what Roman wants to do on offense the best. He will be deadly on the read option. I'd rather see Taylor in there then Cassel just on upside alone. Worst case, Taylor flops & you can just throw Cassel in- he is what he is at this point in his career

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After much deliberation I think EJ will get the starter job. Both EJ and TT look extremely dangerous in this offense. A big factor is likely going to be the OL IMO. It seems to me that with good OL play(which is what it looks like we have), EJ's strengths(long ball) will be highlighted. If it looked like our OL was going to be not so good, I think that this would play to TT's strengths(escapability). I also trust our coaches and believe that they won't make decisions being adversely influenced by outdated past impressions(EJ's first 2 years).

ABC.

I voted for TT. My first choice personally would be EJ, but I think TT has probably been a little better overall. I just like EJ I guess. Will be very happy with either one starting.

Edited by Cash

i missed the 2nd half, but from what i saw in the first, i think my original opinion of Taylor starting with Manuel as a capable backup is the way to go...

and as i've stated before - it would be fair to the team and Cassel to trade him where he can be the #2 - we'll get a pick and save money. let Simms be our 3rd.

EJ looked excellent today, but Tyrod just looked better.

^ This basically sums up the way I feel. I don't trust EJ when there is pressure still and his progressions are still slow but he looked way more comfortable than last year. Tyrod is a playmaker and a boom or bust he could get us deep in the playoffs. Regardless next year we need to draft either Connor Cook, Boykin, Hackenberg, Goff or whomever else emerges because its a loaded QB class...unless we win the SB haha