GR postgame unbelievably predicts Cassel as the starter

I agree. I think winning or losing in preseason is meaningless, but it's very encouraging that our offense was able to move the ball at will all day.

I still think we as fans are putting far too much emphasis on individual performances. Not to say they don't tell us anything, they just don't tell us half as much as we'd like them to.

Yep. It's still preseason. The game is a lot different in the regular season.

The real star IMO of the preseason has been Greg Roman. The offense is efficient. The line is pass blocking and giving the QBs actual pockets. Guys are running good routes and the ball is getting there. Unbelievably, between the four QBs, there has been one INT in three games which was a Hail Mary by Matt Simms. They are not predictable and they spread the ball around. And they don't even have their stars. It's very encouraging. But it's preseason.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blogs.canoe.com/krykslants/nfl/rex-and-bills-to-pick-a-qb-direction-on-sunday-but-who/

"But it’s almost impossible to see Rex not keeping Taylor, especially after how well he has played in games. Taylor stresses a defence arguably more than the other two passers. And Ryan reiterated Saturday that that’s how he comes at this decision — who stresses a defence the most.

“How else would you think I look at it? Of course I look at it that way,” he said.

And that brings us full circle. Back to Cassel.

I’d take my chances with Taylor and Manuel. The Bills need someone who can throw deep come November and December; Taylor and Manuel can, Cassel probably not, from what I’ve seen of him. And Bills fans would make life, shall we say, not fun for Cassel if he checks down this much in real games. Amid all these positive changes at One Bills Drive, they don’t want — and probably won’t long abide — another Checkdown Charlie."

Roman has eyes of his own, he will start the best guy, not who WGR says.

A lot of people been saying EJ has little chance to start. They said he wouldn't start the 3rd preseason game. Then they said, after two scoring drives his night was over, then he got back in and scored some more. Roman will make his own decision, the right decision, not who WGR wants, not who the fans want. Who he wants.

It is beyond belief. It really is. If Cassel is named the starter I give it to the end of the 1st Quarter in game 1 before RWS boos him back to the sideline. You cannot show fans the improvement of EJ and the xfactor of Tyrod and then try and tell them the next time they sit in RWS they will be watching Matt Cassel lead the Bills into the season. Fans are not stupid.

I agreed with and believed everything you said until your last sentence. I don't agree with that.

The reporters are gutless and afraid to be wrong so they pick the safe guy in Cassel. We know more about this team than WGR and aren't afraid to go out on a limb. How they could all say Cassel is in the lead is a joke. Why, because he played the least? Seriously!?

Reminds me of 2012 when reporters liked Wilson but predicted Flynn to start given experience + contract.

After watching this steelers game, I know exactly what the bills should do at QB. play all four of them! QB by committee, these defenses won't know what hit them! Do what you did today. Have EJ start out there, take them by surprise with some deep passes and a quick score. Send cassel out there next, have him chip away for a couple drives with short throws to tire out that defense. When that defense is tired, throw Taylor out there. Have him manage the game from the pocket, do his crazy runs (defense will be too tired to stop him). after a few Taylor series', put EJ back now that the defense is totally lost and confused by all the different QB play. Have EJ put the knife into them with his deep passes. After we are up 100% vs our oppenents, send out sims to give the boys a rest.

It is the 4 headed monster. be ready!

Yep. It's still preseason. The game is a lot different in the regular season.

The real star IMO of the preseason has been Greg Roman. The offense is efficient. The line is pass blocking and giving the QBs actual pockets. Guys are running good routes and the ball is getting there. Unbelievably, between the four QBs, there has been one INT in three games which was a Hail Mary by Matt Simms. They are not predictable and they spread the ball around. And they don't even have their stars. It's very encouraging. But it's preseason.

No kidding. As they say, we were getting what we paid for when it comes to OC.

I would think great game performances are a reflection of practice; time in film room; etc. Preseason or not.

But by all means, lets take our NFL QBing evaluations from Mike Rodak and Joe Buscaglia. Every day these guys are watching the QBS go against our D. I'd like to see how Russell Wilson looks against the Hawks D in practice..

Edited by Big Blitz