GR postgame unbelievably predicts Cassel as the starter

Don't forget everybody, EJ Manuel was drafted to be the "face of the franchise". His play and attitude, thus far, displays just as much.

Seriously? Remember, they traded DOWN when they drafted him and knew that he was a raw project.

As far as his play, it's very nice to see him improve. However, Gil Brandt said that going from Preseason to regular season is equivalent to going from Kindergarten to MIT Grad School.

But I understand how those who want EJ to start seem to feel. I support Taylor but I too have nothing but preseason to base my opinion on. I want him to start because I truly believe that he runs SO well that he can take over some games and win them for us.

Let's just hope that the right decision is made no matter who is selected.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ deserves a bunch of credit, and who I think should be the starting QB... My 7 observations from tonight's game: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-bills-43-steelers-19

I had to rub my eyes a couple of times. I also restarted my computer to make sure this wasn't a glitch.

EJ can not be trusted I think we all know that.

Speak for yourself...

Sorry upfront for my frustration...But...Good grief...What is wrong with people like you?... Can you not clearly see the difference good coaching has done for EJ? I mean...You obviously can remember the bad things EJ did...Why can you not, for a second, consider the possibility that the light has gone on and he's going to continue on the path of reaching his potential under REAL NFL coaching?...It may be preseason but it's preseason for everyone...and there are only 4 QB's with a better QB rating than EJ this preseason...their names are Stafford, Bradford, Ryan, and Brees...

This instant gratification mentality is a joke...If you're going to cast away a young QB like EJ before his prime in a QB needy league you do so at your own risk...At this point EJ is clearly getting better when the likes of RGIII, Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, and Weeden fall...Did you see Derek Carr last night? Young QB's make dumb decisions...It happens...It's part of the learning process...Andrew Luck was the the next coming...His rookie year was not great by any means...Every QB is different and to think you can simply use the same formula for evaluating QB's, or make absolute judgements after only 14 starts is ridiculous...EJ's career beginning is almost identical to Ryan Tannehill...The difference between the two is that Miami had patience, while EJ was coached and handled by morons...How is that not understandable? His former HC and OC could barely get jobs in the NFL after they left...EJ looks like a completely different QB now...Coincidence? Come on...

All this is not to say that EJ will ever reach his potential...But it's WAY too early to be making that judgement...That much seems so crystal clear to me...

For the record I would probably start TT if I was Rex...But I would be getting EJ ready...He's still a real young QB leaning a new system...I just think he needs to get this entire offense down under Roman...And I would be patient...I think the Bills can win with TT...But they could be really, really dangerous if EJ continues to improve and gets in there in the second half of the season...

Anyway... B-)

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia Aug 29

EJ deserves a bunch of credit, and who I think should be the starting QB... My 7 observations from tonight's game: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-bills-43-steelers-19

I had to rub my eyes a couple of times. I also restarted my computer to make sure this wasn't a glitch.

You must have missed his other tweet saying you wouldn't put the guy you planned to be the starter back into a game.

Ditto. Bravo for the negative Nancy's for admitting they were wrong in some respect.

Manuel got the start, the first two drives, and then some subsequent time in the second half

• He looked as comfortable as he has since his rookie season.
  • He is trusting what he’s seeing, and making some very good throws in the process.

It was truly an outstanding performance for Manuel, regardless of who he went up against. Manuel has secured his spot on this roster, and proved to the coaching staff that maybe there still is something left. While the starting job is likely out of his grasp for the time being, he made himself a viable enough option down the stretch of the season if the Bills aren’t happy with their current state of quarterbacking. Manuel deserves all the credit in the world. He rose up to the occasion on two separate nights and proved he’s worthy of keeping around.

You must have missed his other tweet saying you wouldn't put the guy you planned to be the starter back into a game.

see Mark Sanchez... oops

Did this really make you feel better? Busting on a young kid trying to make it in a tough business? I listened only to first hour today...I believe he stated 100 times or so he wanted TT to start. His point was who he THOUGHT THE BILLS would go with. They all read it wrong , that does not make them bad people.

Cannot for the life of me understand the hate and yet the 100% attendance during the shows. Craziest thing I have ever seen

Did this really make you feel better? Busting on a young kid trying to make it in a tough business? I listened only to first hour today...I believe he stated 100 times or so he wanted TT to start. His point was who he THOUGHT THE BILLS would go with. They all read it wrong , that does not make them bad people.

Cannot for the life of me understand the hate and yet the 100% attendance during the shows. Craziest thing I have ever seen

If you listened to the guy during the post game show, his logic was absurd -- and his defense of it ridiculous. His entire basis for thinking Cassel was going to start was because he played the least amount of snaps. If that's the type of analysis Matthew is going to bring to the post game shows, he doesn't belong in this "tough business". His comments today (I only listened for a few minutes) were just as ridiculous. The guy's got no clue -- like a lot of the WGR "talent" I've been forced to listen to.

And yes, it is forced since they are the only real station that covers the Bills with regularity. That's why there's a "100%" attendance. Lack of options.

If you listened to the guy during the post game show, his logic was absurd -- and his defense of it ridiculous. His entire basis for thinking Cassel was going to start was because he played the least amount of snaps. If that's the type of analysis Matthew is going to bring to the post game shows, he doesn't belong in this "tough business". His comments today (I only listened for a few minutes) were just as ridiculous. The guy's got no clue -- like a lot of the WGR "talent" I've been forced to listen to.

And yes, it is forced since they are the only real station that covers the Bills with regularity. That's why there's a "100%" attendance. Lack of options.

Greggy, I listened to the the first hour of the morning show today, and I guess the first 20 minutes of Matthew at 12 just now on demand. I did not hear the post game and it was not in in demand.

He clearly stated over and over he wanted TT this morning, but that he thought the Bills would go with Cassell and laid out why he thought that to be the case. He said he prolly did not do a good job of explaining that post game.

Then the first 20 minutes today at noon he says he read the situation wrong , he was wrong , and he is excited TT staring.

I don't like the guy either.. But more so from the fact he is always the guy who has absolute moral outrage over things ... But i get he's young and learning. He is trying to be Jeremy instead of Matthew as well which drives me nuts.

But for PTR to send that tweet and then post here like " look how much smarter I am than him" I just think is small.

I get this is the only only all Bills all the time, but they gots to make money too, and in a small market you need guys who are young and work "on the cheap" to make that work.

Greggy, I listened to the the first hour of the morning show today, and I guess the first 20 minutes of Matthew at 12 just now on demand. I did not hear the post game and it was not in in demand.

He clearly stated over and over he wanted TT this morning, but that he thought the Bills would go with Cassell and laid out why he thought that to be the case. He said he prolly did not do a good job of explaining that post game.

Then the first 20 minutes today at noon he says he read the situation wrong , he was wrong , and he is excited TT staring.

I don't like the guy either.. But more so from the fact he is always the guy who has absolute moral outrage over things ... But i get he's young and learning. He is trying to be Jeremy instead of Matthew as well which drives me nuts.

But for PTR to send that tweet and then post here like " look how much smarter I am than him" I just think is small.

I get this is the only only all Bills all the time, but they gots to make money too, and in a small market you need guys who are young and work "on the cheap" to make that work.

I get that and hear what you're saying and agree that it's ridiculous to be outraged about anything that comes from the media -- let alone WGR. My outrage isn't really outrage at all, I found the post game show to be hilarious in the way that bad radio often is hilarious. He said several times during the post game show he wanted TT to start -- then went to great lengths to attempt to prove that stats are less meaningful than the amount of minutes a QB plays in the third preseason game. It was comical and his dismissal of anything that happened in the preseason was asinine. To me it's a sign of a guy who has no capacity for independent thought -- which is a CAREER KILLER on the radio -- especially in sports talk. He took everything he heard from other reporters as gospel, failed to put any of his own critical thinking into the matter, and then proceeded to shoot down anyone who pointed out that he was perhaps looking at the situation wrong.

And let's be honest, he's bad at his job. I get he's young, he could grow into it, but I have no problem calling him out for doing a poor job -- especially when he repeatedly doubled down on it in the most arrogant way possible (by clicking with his mouse while callers talked, clearly not listening, audibly sighing when someone compared Taylor to Wilson, the list of radio taboos were endless Saturday). Being in a small market shouldn't be an excuse for WGR to have sub par on air talent.

But you're right, it's not an issue to lose sleep over. It's just an issue to mock WGR for.

My problem with Coller on the post game show he was cutting off people who rang to give props to EJ and Tyrod. He was only interested in talking to people who agreed with him or defended his ludicrous logic. I know how tough it is working on radio - been there and done that - that show was the worst example of arbitrating talk radio I have heard in a long while.

My problem with Coller on the post game show he was cutting off people who rang to give props to EJ and Tyrod. He was only interested in talking to people who agreed with him or defended his ludicrous logic. I know how tough it is working on radio - been there and done that - that show was the worst example of arbitrating talk radio I have heard in a long while.

The real ridiculous logic was the QB that plays least is the starter when reading the tea leaves when virtually every team plays the starter the most this week (outside of fourth quarter mop up time)